• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have a few questions about EV training

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I've been playing Pokémon since Red version, and I'm just now getting into EV training. I just wanna know, does the level of the wild Pokémon matter when acquiring EV points? And alsohow many points are usually required to have an impact on your Pokémon's growth?

Years
    Nope, the Pokemon's level is not tied to the EV's you receive after battle. The type of EV's gained is based on the species, and it's usually the stat that's the species in question's highest i.e. HP for Chansey, Speed for Ninjask and so on. If the Pokemon in question is an evolved species you get more EVs compared to an unevolved Pokemon.

You can always consult Bulbapedia, Serebii and other online Pokedexes to see what stat each Pokemon's EV points go towards.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Thanks for the tips, I've mostly been hunting Patrat and Lillipup for attack and Solosis and Petilil for Sp. Atk.

And if I put an Exp.share on a trainee Pokémon, but have a bigger Pokémon doing all the fighting, they get EV points as well as exp, yes?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    That's good to hear, I'm currently using two exp.shares, one on Ivysaur, one on Wartortle, and Seviper is fighting Petilils

Back