• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever cheated?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Never cheated in a game I took seriously...

...however, using a gameshark to hack an uber pokemon as your starter is too much fun to pass up if you just want a crazy playthrough and you have a spare ROM to play with. XD

Last edited:

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    never have, never will. it's stupid, cheap, and takes the fun out of the experience.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    I did once, my girlfriend caught me haha joke..

Yeah cheated a few times for fun after I had completed a game, like changing my starter to Mewtwo etc.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    to tell the truth, i have never gone through pearl or platinum without using an action replay- it just.... bores me SO much- but that's all gonna change- i'm gonna hide my ARDS and tomorrow (first day of school) on the hour long bus ride, i am gonna actually play the game

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2010
    The only thing I ever really use my AR for is the Wild Pokemon Modifier so that I can catch certain pokemon who aren't ordinarily in the wild or on my game. It's frustrating trying to trade for certain pokemon, so it seems easier to force the game to produce one in the wild so that I can train it versus trying in vain to find a person willing to trade me a level 1 bulbasaur for something like a level 20 shiny ____ of ____ nature. It's a kill joy having to find reasonable traders at times, although sometimes I find them. I usually try the trade forums on various websites first. O:

Then there's the 100% catch rate cheat. C'mon. Don't you hate when those pokemon keep busting out and you don't really have anything weak enough to lower their HP without killing them? xD That's a fair cheat in my mind.

I use the 'have all items' cheat too, mostly because I like have a bajillion potions and elixirs while I'm training. Saves me time! Plus, once EV training is done, it's fulfilling to level my pokemon up to 100. It's like a celebration 'whoooo - we're finished with your EVs! Let me see those statistics!'.

I've been debating whether or not I want to hack the Pikachu-Colored Pichu. Odds are I won't, but it's massively tempting because I love that lil' guy. DX

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Yes. But only after I've beaten the game at least once (beat the Elite Four)

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    I only cheat on emulators because I don't think I'd but a Gameshark/Action Replay. The only times I've taken advantage of glitches in the games were:

Yellow: The Mew Cheat = Get a free mew through a glitch in the game
    Gold: Cloning Pokemon and All 3 starters cheat
    Diamond: GTS cloning cheat

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I play through ALL my games without cheats.
    WHen I'm done, I'll either restart and use cheats to play through with Pokemon not normally obtainable, such as Johto pokemon or just continue my current game with all events done with some hacked pokemon, especially in Battle Frontier.

I'm bored of the games at the moment and am currently playing Crystal over and over as I wait the eight months until HG/SS comes out here.

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    i used one cheat my second time playing through platinum i only used one cheat tho and that was to catch trainers pokemon...im guilty

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Has anyone here ever cheated to get pokemon/train quicker? I'm just wondering.
    I have not cheated at all yet. If I do it will probably be just for fun though. (Walking through walls looks SO cool!)

I hate to admit it, but yes, I cheated. That is how I got an awesome Garchomp. I used the Gain whatever many EXP points cheat on my AR. I also used walk on walls. Then, my friend was using my AR to get these unobtainable legendaries, and I must of overloaded the device, because it doesn't work anymore.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Only cheat i ever did, is the Missingno Glitch and the Mew glitches, if they count :/

thats it

I've never ever used Action Replay or Gameshark codes on my games :3
    I don't like to cheat to level up my pokemon, or to get rare ones, I like to earn my pokemon, you get more satisfaction out of earning it fair and square anyways amirite?

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I have cheated when I was younger but I didn't like cheating so much. It was on my computer when playing Gold, I have played Gold sooo many times. My cousin told about Gameshark codes and I tested them I put just 01XXEDD0 (XX can be a number or a-f) and Whoa! there's Articuno here in first grass! Oh, that trainer has only Articuno's because of my code. But I didn't really use that code so much. I have played Gold about 5 times through without cheats and 1 time with cheats. My friend liked that cheat and used it over and over...

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Only on one occasion- with her sister no less. JK:)

Hell yes. but only to train CB pokemon. I don't give them ridiculas stats either. I just don't wanna breed. It's a comnplete waste of time in my opinion. but I could see how someone could like it, so to each their own:D

Years
    I haven't cheated on my cartridges and game cards that's for sure. For starters I don't want to destroy my hard work, second of all I don't even believe they sell cheat devices in Australia. o.O

Quite frankly if they do IDC I'm not using them anyway. o.o

Unless using the Emerald cloning glitch, daycare, rare candies or using online guides to help me train counts? XD

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
    For messing around only, and also cloning, but that's not cheating the moves are still legit.

I haven't cheated on my cartridges and game cards that's for sure. For starters I don't want to destroy my hard work, second of all I don't even believe they sell cheat devices in Australia. o.O

I got my ARDS imported from America. :D

What I do is have one legit file will minimal AR use and a file where I go mad with the AR and do all sorts of stuff.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I know I have as soon as I got an Gameshark a week after I got my Ruby version I started abusing it with using rare candies and masterballs, I'm happy for that since I still have 20 something masterballs left in my bag from that game

:t354:TG

Back