• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever felt like your Pokemon was a 'friend'?

Years
  • I think with HG/SS it makes it really easy to feel like your pokemon can be your friends since they are able to follow you around.
    I really like my Magby and my Ambipom following me around. The designs for them look really good and they are both at max happiness I believe. We have a bond. I can rely on them. Even though Magby is a baby.
    <3

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i try not to get attached to them, i don't think it's healthy....
    but it didn't stop me xD

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Umbreon (Female) and I; are very close.

Years
  • This is pretty exactly much what Nuzlocke does to people. This is also why in that game variation, the term "bro" is such a common sight, while without you will rarely ever see it when playing Pokemon.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Of course, especially when I was a kid. If I got attached to anything, it'd be my starter pokemon. Since it was with me the entire game, and basically my only pokemon (I'd always solo the game with my fire starter back in the day) of course I saw it as my friend.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Of course I did!
    I think everyone did...
    I was so proud of my Dragonite when it started doing what it does best-wooping a**!
    But the fact remains, you do spend some time with "that data" that it's perfectly natural to get some kind of "bond" with it!

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Somewhat, yes.
    I still feel bad for my Meganium, Starlant (stupid name I know), which I lost when my Gold lost its battery. :(
    As for my current team, less so. Although I feel a special attachment with Frank the Gloom, who's become an inside joke among my friends, and Eff Cherry, who was created and trained to help a friend feel better. But my FireRed Pokemon still aren't "friends". Maybe it's because I've been abandoning games after beating the E4 recently, and plan on doing the same on FireRed...

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • of course Pokemon are my friends! =] (unless your talking about a magikarp lol) =] It says "ooooooooooh,your my best friend!" In the original theme song. so theres proof. but thats not really the real reason. the real reason is Pokemon are awesome. I always wish Pokemon where real.XD heck, I wish everything in video games where real.All of my Pokemon,especially the ones in my team. =]
    so of course. If Pokemon where real I would go of with my Pokemon and only go to my house every once in a while XDXDXDXD that would rock.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Plusle and Minun are my real bffs! Totally! They are always on my side to cheer me on and make me laugh.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • Yeah, I love how they follow you in HG/SS. And then there is they feeling(even if it is only data) that they give you that extra bit to pull a win outta ur ***. I always hope my pokes ar efriendly toward me. I always feel bad when they faint...

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
    Years
  • Well, my first Swampert in Emerald (Kippy), as well as my ENTIRE Poison team from Platinum, purely because they had to go through so much... It was a long road, but we pulled through in the end.
    Led by Claire (the Crobat), we were a lovable band of misfits who fought against impossible odds (the entirely anti-poison Elite 4) to acheive victory, losing many a worthy comrade along the way...
    ahhh, good times, good times...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Pikachu is my friend. :D

Pikachu also happens to be the very first Pokémon I've known about, being the mascot and all. From the start of the anime and to each game, Pikachu has followed me along for 8 years. I watch every episode of the anime with him and he appears in my game a lot, whether it be in my contest teams or regular in-game teams in the Pokémon games I still currently play.

I guess you would say it's childish to have a Pokémon as your 'friend', but it depends on the situation. If it is something you grew up with, it can comes off as a friend. After all, if your friends are really true they would stick with you for a long time right? At least in my perspective, that is.

Back