• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever looked directly into the sun?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I rather stare at the moon. But when I was a kid I wondered what the sun looked like so I gave it a quick glance, it didn't hurt at all, it barley bothered me. I have great vision so I don't know whats the big deal, with everything it's okay in moderation ;D

Years
    When I was younger I did since I didn't know that it could completely blind me. Now that I know better, I try not to.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I used to a lot when I was around 12. I'd always challenge myself to look at the sun as long as I can (I knew about the risks). Needless to say, I could look for about 30 seconds before I start getting weird, and then I could never look at something directly for a few minutes or so.... hmm, I haven't done this in a while... *goes to window*

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    When I was thirteen, I thought it would be the coolest thing ever if I was blind in my right eye, so I would stare at it for 10 minutes. Somehow that didn't work, and I thought about just gouging it out with a spoon. Then, I came to the realization that it's probably better if I had both of my eyes. Go figure.

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    i did.

many times.

everytime i did it turned blue.

and now i have glasses. :B

But really, I know not to look at the Sun anymore, unless I'm watching it leave the Horizon. XD;

Ayselipera

I have in the past out of sheer stupidity. I hate when you look away and all you can see are blobs of different colors. I don't have glasses though thankfully.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I have in the past, for no apparent reason. It does hurt a bit and your vision gets funny for a few minutes afterward, but no permanent damage to my eyesight... at least not yet.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Yes when I was much younger. When I looked directly it was just for a second or less. One time though I could kind of see the sun out the window in my bathroom, and it was one of those bumpy windows that makes it impossible to see details through it since it scatters light in different directions. Well I stared at it for a while since I figured it wouldn't hurt my eyes, but I was wrong. Afterward I looked at my hand, and it had no color. x_X

It wasn't a permanent effect of looking at it, but it scared me, because I didn't know it would do something like that at all.

Years
    My cousin looked into an eclipse before, and lost his vision from it. So, he's blind now. At least in one eye. And a little in the other.
    I've looked into the sun for at least 5 seconds before, but then I looked away, and all I saw was blobs of mixtures of colors. Now, I'm always seeing those things a lot. Wherever I go, in the dark, or out in the sun again. Oh well, it doesn't affect me anyhow.

Years
    I don't think many people would be able to resist the temptation to look at the sun. I've looked at the sun on purpose a few times in my life; however, I do my best to avoid its gaze nowadays since my vision has grown worse over the years. That latter is probably because of my overusing the computer, not the sun.

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
    yes... and I've actually gone blind for like five seconds. x_x It's so bright and here, it seems brighter, especially when it goes down. I don't even look directly at it and I'm squinting my eyes. >_<

Back