• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever noticed...

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    Whatever, they still really should have not tried to change the Electric rule seeing how we not only had it for quite some time, but to do it the Game's way makes it utterly pointless. I mean, yes, Ground Types do have an immunity to Electric types, but that DOESN'T mean that the same Immunity is guaranteed to be complete. I mean, if the Ground Pokemon is faced with a far more powerful Electric type attack than they are used to, then, Electric-immunity or not, they will still get damaged.

Yes, because we all know that we want to see Pikachu thunderbolt a Ground type again. Why would be utterly pointless? Everyone complains that Pikachu is too uber, and can knockout even a ground type. So, basically you want to see Pikachu thunderbolt Onix until he faints? Even if Onix does get damage by thunderbolt or Volt tackle for this matter, it's not going to make a difference because it will only be little damages.

Think of it like Paper Mario's final battle (Yeah, I know, spoilers, but seeing how long it's been out, it won't matter, anyways). When Bowser was powered up by Kammy's machine, he used the Star Rod to make himself invincible again, Mario then tried to use the Star Beam to depower Bowser again, but it turns out that his souped up nature made him immune to the Star Beam's power. When the Star Beam was upgraded by a significant amount (resulting in the Peach Beam, named after the character partially responsible for the power up.), it became powerful enough to actually cancel out Bowser's immunity to the Star Rod.

Think back, this happen when Ash vs Brock, the whole water thing, then thundershock, how realistic was that? Do you want to see Ash to go get lucky wins against? The whole Kanto region Ash practically got his badge handed to him with a silver platter. Sabrina, that didn't even count as a battle, she started laughing a gave ash his badge -.- The point? Sinnoh is giving Ash a hard time to think about his strategies, or else he would lose. That's what I want to see, I don't want to see Pikachu just Thunderbolt a Pokemon a get a win.

Basically, regardless of what fans said about the whole controversy to Ground Types, I felt it was perfectly fine to keep the way Pikachu defeats Ground Types the way it is, and should not have been changed. If anything, it's the games that were flawed in that respect. Why couldn't they make it so that some Ground types who were vastly weaker than Electric Types would have their normal immunity useless.

Alright, think science you really think a little electricity would do anything to a ground? It's basic common sense, Electric gets grounded. Just like water is stronger than fire, but you can't put immunity to it because fire causes water to evaporate, so you can't make it immune.

Yeah, and TR were supposed to be trainers as well, and they most likely have been training Pokemon for far longer than Ash or Brock ever have, yet they ended up losing to pokemon where it would be impossible to lose to (For example, Koffing and Ekans, after beating up Pidgeotto, and negating Pikachu from the battle, had lost to a Caterpie, who not only was completely inexperienced at battling (heck, it's capture didn't even require any effort from Ash to capture him. All he did was throw the Pokeball, and poof, it's Ash's pokemon.), but was already weakened by a substantial amount by Pidgeotto's earlier attack), and thanks to that, they have a reputation both within the Fanbase and even the anime itself to be completely weak and pathetic trainers.

Plus, the Gym Leaders themselves also seem to be far too weak. If they truly were getting stronger, why is it that they aren't even beating inexperienced Pokemon, and in fact are losing to them more than they are winning, which I saw to be far too similar to what TR had to endure. In order for them to be stronger, they should be winning more against inexperienced pokemon than they are losing against them.

Far too weak? I beg the differ, Sinnoh Gym leaders prove that you need to strategies to beat them, this kills Ash basic, charge with his strongest attack. During Roark's battle, Ash charge at Roark think he has the advantage, did he win? No he got his butt handed to him. Second time, Ash learn how to dodge Roark's move to seal his Victory. The practice battle against Gardenia, Gardenia's Turtwig completely own Ash Startavia and Turtwig why? Because Ash's overconfident Ash both Pokemon to charge at Gardenia's Pokemon. That point is that you can't count out the gym leader as weak, especially that they get screen time and they're showing different strategies to get their opponents.

Before anyone mentions this, the only Gym Leader who was explicitly implied to be holding back in regards to his pokemon's full power is Giovanni, and that was only because he wanted to get his challengers overconfident before he unleashes "the big guns" (in other words, Mewtwo). Had Mewtwo not played a role, then he most CERTAINLY would have fought to the fullest extent of his and his Pokemon's Power (which, even without Mewtwo, is implied to be extremely powerful, due to his status as TR's Leader and how his followers looked up to them.)

But this Ash face him? No, That what I'm saying about Kanto practically handed Ash his gym badges. Was it exciting to see Team rocket as Gym leader? No, and It wasn't exciting to know that Ash, would cream them.

Replies are in bold letter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yes, because we all know that we want to see Pikachu thunderbolt a Ground type again. Why would be utterly pointless? Everyone complains that Pikachu is too uber, and can knockout even a ground type. So, basically you want to see Pikachu thunderbolt Onix until he faints? Even if Onix does get damage by thunderbolt or Volt tackle for this matter, it's not going to make a difference because it will only be little damages.

Think back, this happen when Ash vs Brock, the whole water thing, then thundershock, how realistic was that? Do you want to see Ash to go get lucky wins against? The whole Kanto region Ash practically got his badge handed to him with a silver platter. Sabrina, that didn't even count as a battle, she started laughing a gave ash his badge -.- The point? Sinnoh is giving Ash a hard time to think about his strategies, or else he would lose. That's what I want to see, I don't want to see Pikachu just Thunderbolt a Pokemon a get a win.

Well, yeah, I see your point, but I still viewed it as being a bit better than Hoenn's battles, at least (I mean, at least Ash actually HAD a challenge in Kanto, and the GL's did actually seem challenging. Hoenn's GL's, and even Johto's Gym Leaders to an extent, on the other hand, were beaten so easily by most of Ash's Pokemon (Whom, BTW, were rookies), its pathetic.). And don't get me wrong, I'm GLAD that they actually seem challenging now (Though I still wish that Pikachu wasn't treated to be weak in this region, since it completely contradicted it's performance against Regice, thus making it seem pointless)

Alright, think science you really think a little electricity would do anything to a ground? It's basic common sense, Electric gets grounded. Just like water is stronger than fire, but you can't put immunity to it because fire causes water to evaporate, so you can't make it immune.

Yeah, you expect me to use common sense with attacks that cause explosions even with the kinds that shouldn't like Bubblebeam, or how Electricity fails to work under heat (It's Ice that makes Electricity fail, not Fire), and fire beams of destruction?

Far too weak? I beg the differ, Sinnoh Gym leaders prove that you need to strategies to beat them, this kills Ash basic, charge with his strongest attack. During Roark's battle, Ash charge at Roark think he has the advantage, did he win? No he got his butt handed to him. Second time, Ash learn how to dodge Roark's move to seal his Victory. The practice battle against Gardenia, Gardenia's Turtwig completely own Ash Startavia and Turtwig why? Because Ash's overconfident Ash both Pokemon to charge at Gardenia's Pokemon. That point is that you can't count out the gym leader as weak, especially that they get screen time and they're showing different strategies to get their opponents.

Well, Ok, you do have a point, but really, the majority of Gym Leaders after Kanto, but before Sinnoh were just pathetic. Watching Ash win like that is like watching his Caterpie winning against Ekans and Koffing like it was nothing, and those were supposed to be experts. I mean, At least Kanto had Ash actually going toe-to-toe (even IF the badge givings left too much to be desired for the most part), Hoenn was just a mess, same deal with Johto, really. I mean, they were beaten easily by rookie pokemon (Well, ok, Falkner wasn't, but the rest were.), so easily, it's almost the same as a JJM battle. Do you see how it seems pathetic and almost sad? Honestly, and I thought Von Kaiser had it bad (for those of you who don't get it, it's a Punch-Out reference.)

Well, at least the Sinnoh Gym Leaders were given some respect (Though really, mascot or not, Pikachu really should have been Oak'd. I'd rather see it Oak'd than going through the &!%! that it's going through now, as it makes Pikachu even WINNING against Regice all by itself seem pointless.)

But this Ash face him? No, That what I'm saying about Kanto practically handed Ash his gym badges. Was it exciting to see Team rocket as Gym leader? No, and It wasn't exciting to know that Ash, would cream them.

Well, actually, that time, Team Rocket DID have a chance at winning. As for the whole thing about it "not being exciting to know that Ash would cream him", you can say the exact same thing about Gym Leaders as a whole.

WildEagle

Years
    Well, yeah, I see your point, but I still viewed it as being a bit better than Hoenn's battles, at least (I mean, at least Ash actually HAD a challenge in Kanto, and the GL's did actually seem challenging. Hoenn's GL's, and even Johto's Gym Leaders to an extent, on the other hand, were beaten so easily by most of Ash's Pokemon (Whom, BTW, were rookies), its pathetic.). And don't get me wrong, I'm GLAD that they actually seem challenging now (Though I still wish that Pikachu wasn't treated to be weak in this region, since it completely contradicted it's performance against Regice, thus making it seem pointless)

Johto gym leaders were put to shame by Ash's Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard/Pikachu, that ain't rookies. Why do you think they were split up and the whole "Ill start over again" thing? Johto was a big mess, there were no Pokemon development at all, they were left in the dust by the Kanto Pokemons, and when the Kanto Pokemons were gone they have to pull off some wins to get Ash to the League.

Yeah, you expect me to use common sense with attacks that cause explosions even with the kinds that shouldn't like Bubblebeam, or how Electricity fails to work under heat (It's Ice that makes Electricity fail, not Fire), and fire beams of destruction?

Wait what? I didn't say Fire makes electricity fail. I said Water is stronger than fire, but you can't immune it because of the effect of the heat of the fire, making the water evaporate. My simple explanation was Electricity gets GROUNDED.

Well, Ok, you do have a point, but really, the majority of Gym Leaders after Kanto, but before Sinnoh were just pathetic. Watching Ash win like that is like watching his Caterpie winning against Ekans and Koffing like it was nothing, and those were supposed to be experts. I mean, At least Kanto had Ash actually going toe-to-toe (even IF the badge givings left too much to be desired for the most part), Hoenn was just a mess, same deal with Johto, really. I mean, they were beaten easily by rookie pokemon (Well, ok, Falkner wasn't, but the rest were.), so easily, it's almost the same as a JJM battle. Do you see how it seems pathetic and almost sad? Honestly, and I thought Von Kaiser had it bad (for those of you who don't get it, it's a Punch-Out reference.)

toe-to-toe? the only battle the excites me was the whole Magmar vs Charizard battle. Nothing else. Hoenn was a mess? really? Ash had great battle in Hoenn, and saying the Hoenn Pokemon were rookies are a bad scouting. Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal, Corpish, and Glalie aren't consider rookies, they made amazing battles, they have great moves, and this region were Ash show some good strategies. Treecko/Grovyle was in almost every battle Ash face in Hoenn, Swellow proven it's not just a searcher but an amazing battler, and when it learn how to use Aerial Ace it made it stronger. Corpish acted as the role of Squirtle, he might look weak, but this guy got endurance. Torkoal wasn't used that much. Glalie's only battle and was able to tie with a FULLY trained Sceptile.

Well, at least the Sinnoh Gym Leaders were given some respect (Though really, mascot or not, Pikachu really should have been Oak'd. I'd rather see it Oak'd than going through the &!%! that it's going through now, as it makes Pikachu even WINNING against Regice all by itself seem pointless.)

Well they can't do that, considering Pikachu is Ash "best friend" and the Mascot of the Pokemon shows.

Well, actually, that time, Team Rocket DID have a chance at winning. As for the whole thing about it "not being exciting to know that Ash would cream him", you can say the exact same thing about Gym Leaders as a whole.

Did you think about how Ash butt handed him by Roark? or how the battle with Maylene was a tie? or how Fantina destroy Ash's Pokemons? take your pick.

Replies are in bold letters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Johto gym leaders were put to shame by Ash's Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard/Pikachu, that ain't rookies. Why do you think they were split up and the whole "Ill start over again" thing? Johto was a big mess, there were no Pokemon development at all, they were left in the dust by the Kanto Pokemons, and when the Kanto Pokemons were gone they have to pull off some wins to get Ash to the League.

Maybe, but I still feel that losing to rookies (be it rookie trainers or rookie pokemon) puts the Gym Leaders, or heck, ANY person on the planet to shame. And to be fair, Charizard and Squirtle were discarded shortly after the first gym and the Second Gym, respectively.

Wait what? I didn't say Fire makes electricity fail. I said Water is stronger than fire, but you can't immune it because of the effect of the heat of the fire, making the water evaporate. My simple explanation was Electricity gets GROUNDED.

You told me to think of science, All I was doing was telling you how that won't work in this show.

toe-to-toe? the only battle the excites me was the whole Magmar vs Charizard battle. Nothing else. Hoenn was a mess? really? Ash had great battle in Hoenn, and saying the Hoenn Pokemon were rookies are a bad scouting. Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal, Corpish, and Glalie aren't consider rookies, they made amazing battles, they have great moves, and this region were Ash show some good strategies. Treecko/Grovyle was in almost every battle Ash face in Hoenn, Swellow proven it's not just a searcher but an amazing battler, and when it learn how to use Aerial Ace it made it stronger. Corpish acted as the role of Squirtle, he might look weak, but this guy got endurance. Torkoal wasn't used that much. Glalie's only battle and was able to tie with a FULLY trained Sceptile.

A Rookie means someone who is inexperienced at the field. When they were captured by Ash, they WERE rookies. That's a fact, as someone who is a recruit is a rookie to the place they've been recruited. Even IF they had skills elsewhere, they are still rookies in terms of THAT ORGANIZATION THEY JOINED (sorry for the all caps, but I really need to drill that into you.).

Heck, Torkoal hadn't gotten ANY respect from the fans until the Registeel battle.

And it doesn't matter to me how skilled they were. If Gym Leaders were beaten by rookie pokemon (WHICH, in Hoenn, they WERE, by an undeniably easy way), then they are pathetic.

Honestly, you're pretty much biased in regards to Hoenn, since I seem to be the only one who actually saw the true flaws of that region (If Gym Leaders were truly experts in their field, why would they lose to rookie pokemon? And YES, They were rookies, seeing how they had no trainer battle experience prior to capture.)

Well they can't do that, considering Pikachu is Ash "best friend" and the Mascot of the Pokemon shows.

Well, it's either that or basically act like it's win against Brandon's Regice never happened (and as I'm a continuity junkie, I'd rather have the former.)

Did you think about how Ash butt handed him by Roark? or how the battle with Maylene was a tie? or how Fantina destroy Ash's Pokemons? take your pick.

For the LAST TIME, I acknowledge that the Sinnoh Gym Leaders were treated much better.

WildEagle

Years
    Maybe, but I still feel that losing to rookies (be it rookie trainers or rookie pokemon) puts the Gym Leaders, or heck, ANY person on the planet to shame. And to be fair, Charizard and Squirtle were discarded shortly after the first gym and the Second Gym, respectively.

Ash wasn't a rookie during the Hoenn region. He made top 16 in both past league.

You told me to think of science, All I was doing was telling you how that won't work in this show.

Well, lol you got me there :P

A Rookie means someone who is inexperienced at the field. When they were captured by Ash, they WERE rookies. That's a fact, as someone who is a recruit is a rookie to the place they've been recruited. Even IF they had skills elsewhere, they are still rookies in terms of THAT ORGANIZATION THEY JOINED (sorry for the all caps, but I really need to drill that into you.).

Fine they were "rookies" but they were train. And he always train before and after his gym battle. I agree that treecko, taillow and the rest was rookies were they were caught, but Ash give them time before he used them in battle. Look at back during the orbough(sp) gym battle. How long was it before the got there? Who evolve? Turtwig was already a strong Pokemon when Ash caught it, but it got some training, Ash taught it to dodge attacks, instead of being a tank. Staravia can't be consider a rookie when he fought Maylene because he is been with Ash for almost 60+ episodes. Gliscor didn't even sniff a Gym Battle until Byron and Candice. Buizel got training for both Ash and Dawn. Chimchar already got intense training from Paul If you think about it, during the Sinnoh, Ash gives time before using a Pokemon. See when Buizel stars/appear in 3 gym battles he was consider overused. Now he is in the sidelines, because Chimchar
    Spoiler:
    are taking on the spotlight. Staravia/Staraptor got his chances. Gliscor is being involve some what.

Heck, Torkoal hadn't gotten ANY respect from the fans until the Registeel battle.

And it doesn't matter to me how skilled they were. If Gym Leaders were beaten by rookie pokemon (WHICH, in Hoenn, they WERE, by an undeniably easy way), then they are pathetic.

Once again, they're only rookies, when Ash caught them, and didn't sniff even one battle. How do "rookies" get ranked? by battling. Grovyle, Swellow and Corpish are beyond rookies. They were Ash major Pokemon during the Hoenn saga. The only rookies I'll be saying is Glalie.

Honestly, you're pretty much biased in regards to Hoenn, since I seem to be the only one who actually saw the true flaws of that region (If Gym Leaders were truly experts in their field, why would they lose to rookie pokemon? And YES, They were rookies, seeing how they had no trainer battle experience prior to capture.)

I'm a little bit biased because it's the first batch of Pokemons to get development. And yes I do get what your saying, but they aren't rookies forever. When Treecko evolve is he still a rookie? when taillow evolved he still a rookie? Grovyle and Swellow are Ash most exp. Hoenn Pokemon that evolve., calling them rookies if not right. the next tier goes to Corpish because he is the next Hoenn that been used a lot of times during the saga, so calling them rookies is not right, because they do gain some exp from the battle they partake, either they won or lost, they still grow from their battle.

Well, it's either that or basically act like it's win against Brandon's Regice never happened (and as I'm a continuity junkie, I'd rather have the former.)

For the LAST TIME, I acknowledge that the Sinnoh Gym Leaders were treated much better.

Well we were arguing about the Sinnoh gym leader before, but I get the acknowledgement :)

Reply are in bold letters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ash wasn't a rookie during the Hoenn region. He made top 16 in both past league.

I was referring to Ash's Pokemon in regards to that case.

And correction, he made top 8 in the Johto League. The only other time he made "top 16" besides the Kanto League was in the Whirl Cup.

Fine they were "rookies" but they were train. And he always train before and after his gym battle. I agree that treecko, taillow and the rest was rookies were they were caught, but Ash give them time before he used them in battle. Look at back during the orbough(sp) gym battle. How long was it before the got there? Who evolve? Turtwig was already a strong Pokemon when Ash caught it, but it got some training, Ash taught it to dodge attacks, instead of being a tank. Staravia can't be consider a rookie when he fought Maylene because he is been with Ash for almost 60+ episodes. Gliscor didn't even sniff a Gym Battle until Byron and Candice. Buizel got training for both Ash and Dawn. Chimchar already got intense training from Paul If you think about it, during the Sinnoh, Ash gives time before using a Pokemon. See when Buizel stars/appear in 3 gym battles he was consider overused. Now he is in the sidelines, because Chimchar
    Spoiler:

are taking on the spotlight. Staravia/Staraptor got his chances. Gliscor is being involve some what.

Maybe... However, that still doesn't mean they should beat the GLs so easily. Take Goku vs. Master Roshi, for example. He was taught a lot of things from him, and trained under him as well, yet even with most of that training, Master Roshi still beat him in the World Tournament.

Once again, they're only rookies, when Ash caught them, and didn't sniff even one battle. How do "rookies" get ranked? by battling. Grovyle, Swellow and Corpish are beyond rookies. They were Ash major Pokemon during the Hoenn saga. The only rookies I'll be saying is Glalie.

I'm a little bit biased because it's the first batch of Pokemons to get development. And yes I do get what your saying, but they aren't rookies forever. When Treecko evolve is he still a rookie? when taillow evolved he still a rookie?

Well, Treecko would still have to get used to it's evolution, and it's evolving, regardless of power potential, is barely anything if fared against someone far more experienced than it (Which Norman's pokemon were). Remember how Sceptile actually had difficulty getting used to it's new evolution form? Same deal with Swellow.

Grovyle and Swellow are Ash most exp. Hoenn Pokemon that evolve., calling them rookies if not right.

Well, even still, they haven't really had a taste of veteranism until they've competed in at least one League, since that's all that truly matters to trainers. The only reason Gym Leaders exist are as stepping stones.

the next tier goes to Corpish because he is the next Hoenn that been used a lot of times during the saga, so calling them rookies is not right, because they do gain some exp from the battle they partake, either they won or lost, they still grow from their battle.

If that's the case, can you please explain why JJM are considered to be the most weak and pathetic trainers in the universe in both the fanbase's viewpoint AND the Anime? They suffered a lot of losses, and had been training for far longer than even Brock had mustered.

Well we were arguing about the Sinnoh gym leader before, but I get the acknowledgement

Thanks.

Oh, and BTW, there were several episodes that implied that Gym Leaders aren't strong (The conversation between Flint and Ash shortly after his loss against Brock implied that Brock was strong enough to face the Pokemon League, but he was lowering his potential to be a Gym Leader because of his younger siblings needing him, plus the fact that many of the GLs who became Elite 4 members and/or champions had to quit and journey around to hone their skills before they can attempt that.). Just FYI.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah, but then again, I've never really considered Ash to be that awesome of a trainer.

Insanely lucky, yes.

Let's face it, though. Pikachu really does all of the work anyway. *sagenod*

WildEagle

Years
    I was referring to Ash's Pokemon in regards to that case.

And correction, he made top 8 in the Johto League. The only other time he made "top 16" besides the Kanto League was in the Whirl Cup.

Thanks for the correction

Maybe... However, that still doesn't mean they should beat the GLs so easily. Take Goku vs. Master Roshi, for example. He was taught a lot of things from him, and trained under him as well, yet even with most of that training, Master Roshi still beat him in the World Tournament.

Well Hoenn, was the region that actually got some Pokemon developments and actually proven themselves to be worthy to be used in the League. (unlike the Johto League, where Ash used most of his Kanto Pokemon) And yes, of course there will be flaws, you can't make a show perfect in one hit, at least the writer learn that they can't manage rotating Pokemon, and just stick to developing 5 Pokemons + Pikachu.

Well, Treecko would still have to get used to it's evolution, and it's evolving, regardless of power potential, is barely anything if fared against someone far more experienced than it (Which Norman's pokemon were). Remember how Sceptile actually had difficulty getting used to it's new evolution form? Same deal with Swellow.

Well to correct, Sceptile wasn't getting used to his evolution, but he was heartbroken and unable to used his moves because of it.

Well, even still, they haven't really had a taste of veteranism until they've competed in at least one League, since that's all that truly matters to trainers. The only reason Gym Leaders exist are as stepping stones.

If that's the case, can you please explain why JJM are considered to be the most weak and pathetic trainers in the universe in both the fanbase's viewpoint AND the Anime? They suffered a lot of losses, and had been training for far longer than even Brock had mustered.

Well you got to give credits for Jesse getting those ribbons, you can't take away that she has to battle to get them. James won a few battle himself as well. Meowth, I have no clue.

Thanks.

Oh, and BTW, there were several episodes that implied that Gym Leaders aren't strong (The conversation between Flint and Ash shortly after his loss against Brock implied that Brock was strong enough to face the Pokemon League, but he was lowering his potential to be a Gym Leader because of his younger siblings needing him, plus the fact that many of the GLs who became Elite 4 members and/or champions had to quit and journey around to hone their skills before they can attempt that.). Just FYI.

ohhh. Thanks for the info :)

Replies are in bold letters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Thanks for the correction

You're welcome.

Well to correct, Sceptile wasn't getting used to his evolution, but he was heartbroken and unable to used his moves because of it.

Well, ok, maybe Grotle would have been a better example, seeing how it did struggle shortly after evolution due to evolving.

Well you got to give credits for Jesse getting those ribbons, you can't take away that she has to battle to get them. James won a few battle himself as well. Meowth, I have no clue.

Well, going by what Zoey, and even Scott and Brock said, it's not really the same thing.

And, well, Misty and Brock implied a few times that JJM were completely weak, among other things. Paul even stated outright that they were "pathetic losers".

Plus, that still never really explained why JJM seemed to lose to several pokemon that their own pokemon should NOT be able to lose to (Case in point, the whole Caterpie incident in the third episode). I mean, even by the whole "sometimes people lose" thing, that's still WAY too pathetic of a loss.

I mean, Ekans and Koffing were able to take down Pidgeotto, and they made Pikachu unable to battle, yet they were batted around easily by a Caterpie who not only was completely inexperienced in terms of Trainer battles, but also was critically wounded from an earlier attack from Pidgeotto. Can you please explain how they can even be considered talented or strong if their pokemon lost that easily?

WildEagle

Years
    Well, going by what Zoey, and even Scott and Brock said, it's not really the same thing.

And, well, Misty and Brock implied a few times that JJM were completely weak, among other things. Paul even stated outright that they were "pathetic losers".

Plus, that still never really explained why JJM seemed to lose to several pokemon that their own pokemon should NOT be able to lose to (Case in point, the whole Caterpie incident in the third episode). I mean, even by the whole "sometimes people lose" thing, that's still WAY too pathetic of a loss.

I mean, Ekans and Koffing were able to take down Pidgeotto, and they made Pikachu unable to battle, yet they were batted around easily by a Caterpie who not only was completely inexperienced in terms of Trainer battles, but also was critically wounded from an earlier attack from Pidgeotto. Can you please explain how they can even be considered talented or strong if their pokemon lost that easily?

Well Paul calls everyone a loser. That is back in Kanto, were they had Ekans and Koffing. In Sinnoh they are actually getting developments, look at Jesse's team she was a mid-powerhouse with Yanmega/Seviper, when it battles in contest, and gets downgraded for blast-off. Watch the episode were James gave Cacnea to gardenia, James was actually holding on his grounds in a battle against Ash. JJM were horrible in Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto and actually hold their own in Hoenn, and improve their battling skills in Sinnoh.

Replies are in bold letters

I would be willing to bet that they are not the only people Paul has insulted.

Lmao, out of the whole series, the only person that Paul didn't call a loser was Brock.

Last edited:

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    You mean like how Pikachu was able to beat a Regice with one hit and lost to an Elekid? Yeah... I heard Ash crushes Pikachu's skull before going to a new region to achieve this weakened state. Thank God he does that, if he didn't
    we've had an unveliable amount of 'Aim for the horn' variations. xD
    Mybe it was just a super strong Elekid LOL

Mybe sinnoh pokemon tend to be stronger.etc ?

Back