• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever stopped your Pokemon from evolving in the video games?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    A Chikorita Lover! Why have we not met before?

:t152:

Well I just assumed that I was the only Chikorita lover out there that's why we haven't met before...It's kind of silly but I've liked Chikorita since I saw the anime back in fall 2000 and sometimes I dreamed about encountering a Chikorita in real life.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • There have been a few, but the most recent was a Charmander on my Diamond Version. I have raised it to lv.30 and still have not let it evolve.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Nah, I've never stopped an evolution of any of my Pokémon. It was always my goal to get them to the last of their evolutionary line.

Exactly, evolution is a natural process for your Pokémon, so I embrace it. However, I do understand to not evolve it for breeding purposes etc.

Alakazam93 said:
    I remember I always did that with my charmander.

I'm sorry, but why? I mean, one word. Charizard.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Why would you do that?
    Evolved pokemon are designed to be stronger.

The only exceptions are: Vigoroth and Scyther.
    Vigoroth because the evolved for has that trait.
    Scyther because it has the same stat sum.

Years
  • I stopped my Mudkip from evolving. He's level 64 and is still a Mudkip. xD I just keep him for novelty purposes. Also, my Eevee, if that counts. He tried to evolve at level five, so I stopped him. I evolved him in to an Umbreon at around level 32 or so.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • I stopped my Totodile from evolving. It reached level 100 and i still have it. There was a problem so i gave it an everstone.

Years
  • Very rarely have I prevented a pokemon from evolving, but I have done it before so a pokemon would learn a certain move early. One time I trained a Magikarp to L30, just so I could see for myself if it really does learn Flail. To this day I have never used an Everstone.

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    In Pearl, I waited untill the Elite Four to let my Piplup evolve.
    The reason is simple, I found it just such a cute little critter and then I evolves into .. that.

But now I've been breading and I have a whole box filled :3

Back