• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever used all 3 starters on the same team?

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
    Years
    I've done it before on every game except for Black (I have no one to trade with). Having that much firepower on a team is crazy and it's not that much fun for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    In my recent Soul Silver playthrough I used Typhlosion and Feraligatr, but not Meganium. xD
    I know Meganium is good, and I actually like it, but I honestly just didn't want that Pokemon in the Team I was making.
    And lesse...
    I did get all starters in Pokemon LG, but Blastoise became a little underleveled and I didn't use him as much. In Pokemon Red I used all the starters and it was easy.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yellow is a granted but I've also done it on leaf Green.
    The difficulty is finding someone to trade with in the first place. When I was younger none of my friends had a link cable and even now my wi-fi system isn't supported by my DS meaning I can't trade online and I just haven't asked any friends who have a gen IV or V game.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Only in Yellow. Partly because I've never had anyone to trade with, but it's mostly since I like trying out new Pokemon, and having 3 slots on the party instantly filled like that feels... weird? I don't know how to describe it, haha.

Rather Zakki

Artist and Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    There used to be an old glitch in Gold/Silver where you could clone pokemon, as long as you save before choosing your pokemon, you can keep a copy of it. With that I once played through Gold with all 3.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I'm not too fond of starters. I usually use them for getting to a point in the game where I can get pokemon that I want to use.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Yup, with Yellow, FireRed, Emerald, and SoulSilver~

And I now plan on doing it again with Black 2~

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Ive never done this, as much as Ive wanted to. I think I may do it in B/W. But I don't wanna raise another Oshowatt. I have the Fortune of having 2 Ds to toy around with. Lucky me : )

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah, once in Yellow, I think most people played with the starters in Yellow version, however I had all the starters from GEN I onwards in Pokemon Black, I only used the Unova trio though, once in the elite four.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I only did it in Yellow because they give you all the starters. I think I might have done it once in Silver, too, but I'm not sure I even finished that playthrough. For all the other generations, I didn't like all the starters enough to bother with it. I've also used Cherrim exclusively as my grass type for all but two playthroughs since gen 4, too. xD;

Years
    I've done it in Ruby and all the DS games except for SoulSilver(although I would have, had I been able to get my hands on a Totodile), and of course in Yellow. The main reason being, once I'm finish doing everything in the game, I usually don't play it again unless I decide to restart the game a few years later, so it's easier for me to raise them during the main game for PokeDex filling purposes.

Back