• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever...

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    ... EV Trained your storymode-team to get past a certain gym? I know I'm one of the impatient people who refuse to, but have any of you out there EV trained a certain pokemon to get past a certain gym?

Discuss :P

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    umm of course i have as soon as i get the old rod its DIE MAGIKARP DIE!!!! then i get to a place with machops and its MACHOP GO DOWN THE HOOOOLE when i get to a place with any special attack ev pokemon i usually stay there for about 1 hour eving my special attackers

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Hmm, I don't know many who EV train in-game for Gym Leaders, although I guess it is possible with certain Pokémon that may be around. Anyway, this thread various amongst each generation and not HG/SS alone. So, just moving this over to GPG for you where it seems more suitable.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Nope. To add on to that, I don't remember EV training once in my entire life.

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years
    I don't start training anything until I get the EV boosting items from the battle tower. It just takes too long without them for me. After I have them it's cake though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Um... well, you are kinda meant to train whatever type gets past the current gym, but only normally — I maintain a position that EV training is taking Pokemon far far too seriously.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    EV training is awesome 1 hour of ev training stops me from having to fight every single trainer
    There are EVs for a reason.... y not exploit them and have your pokemon be the strongest they can be?? oh yeah i always trade over the power items from whatever version so i can ev train

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I always like to EV train my starter and my Gastly/Haunter/Gengar. A lot of the time I end up getting a Pokemon toward the end such as Dratini, Bagon, or Larvitar, and I end up EV training them as well. As for the rest of EV training, I usually save that for after the story-mode.

Back