• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you illegally downloaded music/programs/etc?

About how often do you illegally download music/programs/etc?

• Almost every day

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Once a week

• Once every two-four weeks

• Once every 2-4 months

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Once every 5-8 months

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Once every 9-11 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every year

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I've never done it

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
Years
  • xD
    I dont illegially download... I get the CDs Illegially xDD

yeah o) being an "Auzzie Kid" this is the prime time to steal and get away with it o.o and Music is on the top of the list xD

Years
  • Yes, I download music almost everyday, since some of the music I want isn't common over here and CDs can cost a bit of money. I do buy CDs though.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    This week Ive downloaded 4 movies 3 games 30 songs. and much more.

If I had the money I wouldn't buy them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free! Lol, LimeWire.

Yes, frequently. Most things I want aren't sold here (mainly anime and foreign music), and from a lot of albums available I only want one or a few songs, so that is my justification.

I use torrents because Limewire blows.

Why will this poll close in 2014?
    Lolwut... LimeWire can download torrents aswell. ಠ_ಠ

2014 is for the lulz, and only for the lulz.

Last edited:

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
  • Who wants to know?

But yeah, I don't feel bad about it and never will. I haven't in awhile because my brother told me not to put programs like limewire and frostwire on my computer. So if I want a song now I just go onto Youtube get the link and convert it into an MP3. But that doesn't always work.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I download programs in every 2-4 months. I can't remember, but the program I downloaded is the Hide IP Address and Download Manager. Also some songs [anime songs].

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Tch, yes. Mainly music, though, just because I can't get enough of it. LimeWire's in my top 10 of my most used program, most likely. XD; That and uTorrent, because I could never live without either of them.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Yeh once every 2-4 weeks. I did download photoshop... And other programs.

My philosophy is that when I'm older and earning my own proper money in a full-time job.. I'll pay for programs and music (though I don't download alot of that) properly then. But I simply can't afford it, and my parents would never consider it and I wouldn't expect them to.

^^

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Yes, I do almost everyday. I have an insane amount of music albums in my computer. Do I feel bad about it? Hell no.
    Most of the music I listen to I can't just pop up in my local Border's to buy it so I download it. Anyways, if I do see the CD I want I'll buy it even if I downloaded it for back up. No matter how much you take care of a CD it always ends up getting scratched beyond listening ability.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Once 1 month for ROMs of new releases in Chinese websites because ISP doesn't understand Chinese, and I have proxy.
    I dont use pirated Microsoft programs anymore

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I download music a lot.
    In fact, I've never actually bought CD's from a store.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    It depends on the situation, for example if Singer A's album is not good... Then I probably just download the songs that I like. But if the album is good, it means it is worth spending money to buy it!

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    noooooooooyes...
    Only programs that I see that I'm like "I want it" then I see the price tag, "I don't want it that much~" then I just find a torrent~

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • lol wait hasn't everyone?...
    but yeah I have like tonnes of downloaded songs, videos, softwares and heaps more.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I could answer truthfully. But apparently, Virgin Media are watching and sending out letters to people who do, telling them that they are doing it (because no-one knew...). So, no, Virigin Media. I am not. My computer is a temple. How dare you suggest such a thing!

I like how the government or whoever (in the UK) are trying to create social stigma over piracy. They're putting up adverts on TV about random people singing about "knock-off Nigal". Basically, if you have pirate anything, then apparently, random people in pubs and offices will start singing to you. It's a lame attempt. Perhaps they thought random people would start singing the song...
    (yes, these are actual adverts)

Pub - pirate DVDs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbqBPmInjQ&fmt=18
    Office - downloading films http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhdK5Yl8u0&fmt=18

Oh, the irony of these videos being illigally posted. I hope these videos have shown you the errors of your ways...

Back