• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haven't played since middle school

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    So, as you can see by the title I haven't played since middle school(I'm 21 now.) My friends and I decided we wanted to start playing again, mostly for nostalgic purposes, but I play to win. I just bought two boosters yesterday for kicks and I pulled a Reshiram in the first pack and a Charizard in the second, and I kind of wanted to build a fire/ghost(or psychic) around them and Gengar and Dusknoir. The only problem is I'm so out of touch that I don't even know if they're worth using. Tl;dr I'm an old fart and I'm pretty much starting from scratch.

Systemskill

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    haha i feel ya, havent played over a year and ALOT of cards goen missing :I i'd recomend building a deck with HG/SS or B&W as these are the new formats. Welcome back :)

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • Yes but I believe I hold the "old fart" title around here :) I would give you some playing tips but I'm only a collector. I'm sure someone else will be more helpful!

Years
  • As long as you're only playing casually with your friends, it won't matter if they're useful or not if you can make a good deck out of them. For official events, however, it'd be a different story, since there's no currently legal Charizard card in the current modified format.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Reshiram actually holds a pretty good metagame position right now. However, there are no currently legal Charizard cards, so that won't fly in a sanctioned tournament. If you intend to run a fire deck competitively, I could help, or if you hit up a league ask one of the professors to assist you in building a deck. Either way, definitely hit up a league if you want more playtime, trades, help, and most importantly free league promos.

Back