• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Health:Should i be concerned?

Should i be concerned?

• YES!!!

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    If it's very tiny, and yellow, and likes to 'seemingly' get inside skin, then it is likely to be babies of a type of housefly.

Well, since it has been two years, you probably don't need to worry anymore, but for the sake of reassurance, you should visit a doctor.

Years
    Let's go on a Pokemon Forum for health advice.

Good idea.

Edit: Lucky for you I looked it up. This is called the Death Worm. You'll die soon.

Edit 2: I found a pic. This is what the Death Worm looks like once full grown.
    Health:Should i be concerned?
    This should be coming back out of your foot soon, be cautious.

Ew! Please tell me your exaggerating! But I don't really think that's true, in my opinion, that more sounds like something from an action cartoon or somewhat. The "Death worm" Looks more like a dinosaur.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Ew! Please tell me your exaggerating! But I don't really think that's true, in my opinion, that more sounds like something from an action cartoon or somewhat. The "Death worm" Looks more like a dinosaur.
    Nope. Everything I said was completely fact.

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
    You might want to check it out and visit a doctor if it really worries you but if you had no trouble with it then I think you might be ok.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years

Ha! Someone who's never seen a Tremors movie!

Anyway, if it's been in you for two years, it's gone.

I still recommend going to the doctor, because if it's a hookworm (or ringworm, I always get them confused), it will breed, clog up your intestines, and eat anything you shove down your throat.

But it's probably dead, if you had no trouble

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If it wants to live inside you, and has never caused any trouble, why the hell not just let it? Not to mention it is obviously dead by now.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Well, you're not me...

...but if a little worm digs into my foot, I'll let my parents know, who would, in turn, let my doctor know, so he could poke it out. In the meantime, I would pull out a small pin and stab it.

Why did you wait... TWO YEARS O.O

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Nope. Everything I said was completely fact.

Trust me. This guy knows what he's talking about.

In any case, I think you should be concerned with more of a psychological problem that you might have, seeing as you asked a Pokémon forum instead of going to a doctor and get a professional opinion.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    That's just plain disgusting. I'm more concerned that you were able to go two years thinking about it but not having it examined / removed. Most normal people I know would have gone to the doctor that day.

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
    Years
    Well this is the other chat section so why not ask here. And besides, i need help but i cant go to the docs until i actually NEED to. we arent what u would call rich at the moment.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well this is the other chat section so why not ask here. And besides, i need help but i cant go to the docs until i actually NEED to. we arent what u would call rich at the moment.
    Seeing as how you could have a dormant parasite growing and multiplying inside of you which kills if left untreated..I would say that is NEEDING to go to the doctor. :| Parasites are bad and are emergencies. And there aren't a lot of bugs that like to live inside people..

But it would also help knowing what kind of climate you're in so it would be easier to say to go or not to go.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    If I were you I would have seen a doctor then...but if you haven't had any problems since...I don't think anything is wrong. But get checked jsut to be sure.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    There are some over-the-counter remedies for intestinal parasites, but the problem is, we're not sure what the OP has, which is all the more reason to seek professional help about this. =|

Seriously, intestinal parasites aren't something you want to mess with. I know it's been two years, but it's really best if you get it checked out anyway just to be sure.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Ew...

Seriously. If I saw the mother effer even go near my foot, I'd kill it, or go into the house ASAP.
    Seriously, goto the doctor's before it actually might start doing something to you.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I would've been very concerned when I first saw it happen. O--o; You should go to the doctor's and ask him/her about it; maybe he/she can tell if they're still in there or not, and get them out for you if they are..

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    What the hell are you waiting for then? If you haven't seen a doctor as soon as it happened, why on Earth are you mentioning it right now? When something actually happens to you, like you contracting some kind of infection, then you should see a doctor. But parasites that enter the skin like that usually don't live very long and also have very annoying symptoms. If you haven't felt a thing up until now, I think it died out.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ......... ewwwwww. :|||||

I so regret viewing this thread.

What is so wrong about worms getting into your foot?...
    Meh, check with a doctor, but I don't think it'll kill ya.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Ha! Someone who's never seen a Tremors movie!

Anyway, if it's been in you for two years, it's gone.

I still recommend going to the doctor, because if it's a hookworm (or ringworm, I always get them confused), it will breed, clog up your intestines, and eat anything you shove down your throat.

But it's probably dead, if you had no trouble

Hookworms don't enter your body through your foot. :|
    And ringworm is just a type of fungal infection that gives you ring-like patterns on your foot. None of them can enter your body like...that.

Back