• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Health:Should i be concerned?

Should i be concerned?

• YES!!!

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
Years
  • like 2 years ago i was playing in my backyard and i didnt have any shoes on and when i came up on my deck i looked at my feet to put my shoes on and then i saw a very tiny yellow worm crawl and dig its way through my skin in my foot. so now its in me and i dont know how many is in me. i dont know if i should be worried or concerned or what not. i dont know anything about worms but one crawling in my foot doesnt sound all that great.

WhyDoUKnow

The Curious
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    I would been concerned as soon as the worm got into my skin. Waiting two years to do something about it seems a bit reckless. If nothing has happened yet it may have left your system but you should still get it checked out by someone.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • You should probably go to the doctor's office. If you've had it in you for two years and are only worrying about it now, it probably didn't do too much. But, I would try to get it removed if it was still in there. I don't enjoy the thought of a parasite in my body. >.<

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • A doctor visit couldn't hurt. I am surprised you weren't scared before right when you saw it digging into your foot. I'd be flipping out right there and then. Go get it checked out, see what the doctor says. That way, you can be relieved to know it's nothing or to know something is up and they may be able to help you.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
  • I'd definitely suggest seeing a doctor over this, even if it's been a few years.

Some nematodes (parasitic worms) can enter through the soles of your feet - in the larval stage, anyway.

Even though you might not be showing any obvious symptoms, to be on the safe side, I'd go have it checked out to be safe, since any kind of parasite roaming around in your body is never really a good thing (certainly not something you'd want in your digestive tract, at the very least.)

Either way, I'd suggest never walking around outside barefoot, not only for this reason, but for many others as well - stepping on glass, other debris. =/

Best of luck, and if you get checked out, I'm interested in what they say about it.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Get it checked out...Chances are you're fine since you've gone a few years without noticing anything wrong, but there's nothing good about a worm crawling into your foot O___O

Doctors can usually test for that kind of stuff anyway \o/

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • What the **** is wrong with you?! Who waits 52 fortnights to inquire about a small carnivorous creature that has taken up residence inside of their body?!

Why do you even have to ask us about this?! Better yet, why are you wasting time on the internet when a parisitic creature may be reproducing inside of your intestines?!

Years
    *faint*

If that ever happened to me, I would have had it out like within the next hour.
    that is horrifying.
    Have it checked out ASAP, dude. D:

Ugh, that's like ~*~my worst nightmare~*~

x_x;

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    *faint*

If that ever happened to me, I would have had it out like within the next hour.
    that is horrifying.
    Have it checked out ASAP, dude. D:

Ugh, that's like ~*~my worst nightmare~*~

x_x;

Agreed!

This is here so that my post will be long enough.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    ......... ewwwwww. :|||||

I so regret viewing this thread.

Your statement is primary! *Regret Much*

But yes 2 years ago? You should have most definately have gone to the doctor...
    I don't even know how that was possible... But if it's been 2 years and you've had no side effects you're not in serious trouble...
    But visit your GP!

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Didn't you tell your guardian? Anyone? Or did you keep it to yourself?

And what makes you concerned now, or is there no real reason? Are you having any pain or something, since it was two years ago and just now you're worried. I suggest you tell your guardian and schedule an appointment with a doctor, or bring it up at your next next doctor's appointment if it's pretty soon. You may not be experiencing symptoms NOW, but it could lead to problems in the future if you let it be. Just stay on the safe side and get a doctor to see if this little bugger decided to make a home of you.

But really. Are you having any symptoms that led you to thinking back about the worm? Two years is a pretty long time to start thinking about it again. ;A;

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Flipping heck. May I echo everyone else's comments in here by saying yes, go to the doctor?

Firstly, why would you wait two years, and why do people ask for medical advice on Pokémon boards? Surely, if you're concerned enough to ask, you are concerned enough to see your GP =|

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Two years!? I wouldn't have waited two minutes before rushing to the doctor! So, yes, definately go to the doctor!

Whoa...

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    ):
    *pukes*
    But seriously, why wait two years......thats a long time.....
    I think whatever is in you must've of have give you paranoia xD
    edit: GO TO THE F***IN DOCTOR!

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww go to the doctor and get it removed if it's still there.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
  • Two years later and nothing wrong??
    I'm guessing it was either your imagination (NO, I'm not saying you're crazy or anything >,<) or it died or something. LOL.
    I wouldn't be concerned. As long as you're not in pain or sick you're likely alright.
    If you get too paranoid, that's not good for your health anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Let's go on a Pokemon Forum for health advice.

Good idea.

Edit: Lucky for you I looked it up. This is called the Death Worm. You'll die soon.

Edit 2: I found a pic. This is what the Death Worm looks like once full grown.
    Health:Should i be concerned?
    This should be coming back out of your foot soon, be cautious.

Last edited:
    Back