• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Health system

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2020
    I am completely new to rom hacks and game development in general so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.

I am considering making a rom hack/conversion of a pokemon game into a fantasy rpg. I have an idea that would replace the pokemon in the players party with equipment such as weapons. These weapons would essentially behave like pokemon in battle each having 4 different types of attacks or moves that can be used in battle but instead of the health of each weapon (pokemon) being individual I would need a singular health system for the player in battle.

I have no experience with coding or scripting so I was curious if someone has already created a script where the players health is the only one in battle or to word it differently a singular health pool with removed health pools from all 6 party pokemon.

Back