• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart of Soul [R][IC Thread]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
  • Shear was glad to see the guy wasn't scaring her like a moron Like I did..., that would make things easier. "I can see you've got good intentions, and the healing things is all well and good but I'd still suggest you keep your distance from her, she doesn't handle men well. And I'm well aware of her hand, I just don't want her to be scared anymore, I have a feeling she's spent too much time feeling that way in her life." Alex didn't want to back down and it disappointed Shear. "I'm not trying to strong arm you or anything, just please give her some space. And you're right about the reaper thing, believe it or not you're the third I've met today, this whole day is pretty suspicious." He blinked when Alex mentioned his familiar, he hadn't even noticed Kerayle wasn't with him. "I guess he's keeping an eye on Voel...she acted funny and he doesn't like birds much to begin with.

Shear eyed Kaya's little hiding spot and hoped she hadn't been scared by Alex, although he definitely seemed to be handling meeting her better than HE had, that was for sure. "Hey, are you alright down there Kaya?"

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Well, Shear was kind of right. Kaya had not gone off and panicked about meeting Alex.

However, that was because she had fallen into shock and had actually not been able to respond. She had not moved, in truth, since Voel had caught sight of her. She had been in the midst of calming down at the time, and being interrupted from that slow and careful mediation process to someone that didn't stutter never ended well. To be specific, it kept her very still, and very quiet, like a mouse.

All of Alex's queries had gone in one ear and out the other, up until the point of mentioning her hand. No. No you left that alone. IF it was healed, she would forget. She was scum, she was dirt, she, she...

Her mind stuttered to a halt. Then she felt her hand move.

Syr...
    she stuttered inside. Syr... stop.

But Syr wasn't going to stop. The mice were out. The cat needed a hunt to satisfy the hunger in its stomach. Play, play, she was going to play.

Wyve let out a shriek of dismay and flapped his wings, soaring over the two men and trying to convey move, move, move!

If Syr was concerned by Wyve's agitation, she didn't act so, slowly pulling her ruined hand. "Aren't you supposed to buy me a drink first, before doing something like that?" she whispered before glancing up at Shear's query. "Oh, dear, dear sir, I'm afraid she's been shied off by all these scary people." She chuckled. "Not to worry, though. I'm sure I can walk us home..." Syr rose to her feet, wiping dust from her pants. "Or wherever you'd like me." The bright eyes glimmered with her smile and she raised her other hand for Wyve to climb and rest himself.

Syr couldn't help it; she laughed. "Oh... you men and your posturing... certainly a cute motion, isn't it, Wyve?" Wyve hissed in her ear and she chuckled, scratching the top of his head.

Sephear

Years
  • Shear had forgotten all about the girl's other personality in all the excitement. The crazy expression, the second stick figure...the other half, aw great psycho girl's come out to play. It was worse than anything he had expected, he only hoped Alex could take care of himself. As for Shear, the way he saw it the only way to bring Kaya back would be to subdue her alter-ego, and he didn't like the person before him anyways. Besides the obvious fact that she was crazy she was all too sure of herself. "Wherever we'd?......ugh that's disgusting!" The color drained out of Shear's face for a moment when he grasped the secondary part of her statement's double meaning, the part much worse than a threat. "We're not here for that, so if Kaya's gone then what may I ask is your name little miss murder? A man should know the name of his partner before they dance!" With that Shear took a small hop back from the girl and put his fists up like he had earlier. "I feel I should warn you, I've got two left feet, better be careful I don't trample you."

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    "Oh... you men and your posturing... certainly a cute motion, isn't it, Wyve?" Alex looked at the girl, who suddenly had a change of vibe extruding from her. The man next to Alex took a few steps back as if he were ready for a showdown. Alex had a bad feeling about this. The girl had looked like she was going to murder someone.

"We're not here for that, so if Kaya's gone then what may I ask is your name little miss murder? A man should know the name of his partner before they dance! I feel I should warn you, I've got two left feet, better be careful I don't trample you." So her name is Kaya... Alex took that as a cue to get a stance ready. He jumped back a few feet, and readied himself.

"I don't think it matters what her name is. I'm not too sure what the hell is going on, but if its got you worried like that, then I guess I should be too." Alex quickly raised his hand. "Mari, weapon mode go!" Mari turned into a form of bright light and ripped through the air in a flash towards Alex's hands. In an instant she quickly turned into a black sword. Alex waited for a moment wondering what to do. Should I attack? She's still just a girl, but this guy's getting all ready for a fight too. "Alright, Shadow Slicer!" The dark aura enveloped the sword, and with a quick swing all the mana was released into a whip-like beam towards 'Kaya'.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Syr giggled. It was high and warm and wrong and she danced away almost entirely from the black mana beam slicing at her. It did strike at her arm and she squealed, looking delighted. "Ooh, ooh," she whispered. "Yes, I do love men with a backbone. They always want to scream."

Wyve hissed and his eyes glowed. Opening his mouth, he blew black smoke at them, mostly Alex. He didn't care if you were trying to help, no one was allowed to hurt Kaya or Syr! Plus, this was what the girl wanted anyway. It would heighten everything, allow Syr to work even a moment longer.

Pain was Kaya's joy. Pain was Syr's clarity.

It was pleasure. It was the sign of the greatest, deepest love.

And all Syr wanted was to be loved in return.

"See, Kaya," she said to the air, licking the blood she had swiped from her arm. "Look how much they care! Let's show them the depths of our devotion, as we cannot show those little demons."

If Kaya had been capable of response, nothing would have left her. So Syr took this simply as encouragement and pulled a few darts from her pouch. Instantly they turned black and she threw them, lunging forward. "Todesdolch," she hummed and they soared through the air, lunging for arms and legs.

Sephear

Years
  • Shear gasped out loud when Alex switched his familiar into it's weapon form and sent a wave of dark energy, he was too slow to stop it. "What are you doing? We're not here to kill her!" He almost shivered when Kaya-or whoever she was smiled even more and licked the blood from her arm. Oh great, she's a masochist too?!? Ugh just goes to show, women are nothing but trouble for a guy like me, one way or the other. When she threw her darts at them Shear dodged with a nimbleness that defied his bulk and ran straight at her, ignoring the pain and the stranger feeling as a few needles hit his upper arms. When he made it to Kaya he took advantage of the fact that she hadn't moved much from her hiding spot yet and since she wouldn't be able to dodge he grabbed her around her waist and lifted her up, he had her but she had been too fast for him to get her arms, so he just braced himself for whatever she would do.

"You can say what you want about 'caring' psycho girl, that just suits me fine because I DON'T care about you and I WON'T hurt you, whatever you say, I'm here to talk to Kaya, not you if you can't be civil." His grip on her began to weaken, but he still held on as tight as he could without causing her pain as his strength ebbed. Aw crap...what was in those darts...everything's getting fuzzy. "Kaya, are you still in there? It's your new friend Shear...I just want to talk, there's no need for your 'sister' to be here I-ohhhh." His grip slipped up a bit more but he still held on, this time he addressed the currently awake personality. "It's not so easy to poison me, I...I...you should know I was...ugh I was never a human to begin with."

doge

???
    Years
  • Norris tailed behind Shear leisurely. So much so that by the time Shear had made it all the way back to their meeting place, Norris was a lot more farther back than just the recommended couple of feet. It seemed like a reasonable enough distance, so Norris simply waited, his eyes on the fellow Reaper.

But Norris' vision soon diverted from Shear, his eyes had caught something or someone that hadn't been there before. In fact, make that two someones. A man, wait a second... was that the man who had been closing up the local grocery store just a matter of minutes ago? He moved in closer to get a better look. It was indeed, and there was the girl that Shear had spoken about and what Norris assumed to be her familiar nearby. What happened to the whole deal with her being afraid of men, was it all bull?

Norris was about to find out. He watched intently as Shear approached them. Aside from subtle movements, he couldn't really figure out what was going on over there. Then, the girl's familiar started up, almost like it was motioning for the others to get the hell out of there. He had a feeling things were about to get a bit more livelier. Not to disappoint, the girl, who before had been basically immobile, stood and called her familiar to its own perch on her arm. Shear suddenly took some sort of defensive stance at the girl.

"What?" Norris was talking to himself now, very unsure of the situation that was unraveling before him.

It must've been trending, for the grocery store man took his own stance as well, before having a sword manifest into his hands.

Norris' mouth pretty much dropped. "That guy can't be human..."

With no hesitation, the man took a swipe at the girl, and seemingly nicking her. The hell was going on here? Sure he'd met a Reaper today, and been in the presence of another, but how much creepier was this day going to get!?

A screen of black smoke appeared, separating the girl from the swordsman, at least for the time being. This was all happening way too fast.

Turning his attention back to Shear, Norris expected to see him making an attempt to disarm the guy who just took a slice out of the person he had come back to check on. Instead, he saw Shear just go running straight for the girl, snatching her up in a quick swipe. Was he rescuing her? It sure seemed like it was either that or he was getting her the hell out of there. Was there even a difference between the two? Whichever the case, Norris took it as his cue to act. Even if it wasn't, it was far more exhilarating to get in with the action than watch from afar.

Voel got the memo. In a flash she burst out from the totem. Not missing a beat, she took to her weapon form, transforming into a bow. Snatching it out of the air, Norris prepped it ready. An arrow manifested in his free hand and he pulled it back against the bowstring. He eyed his target carefully, he wasn't trying to hit him, at least not before he found out who and what the hell this guy was. Norris fired the arrow, taking aim at the ground in front of the other man's feet. It was a warning shot not to pursue, he wasn't trying to harm anybody, not yet anyways.

"Oh I have absolutely no idea what I'm getting myself into..."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • Tony sat and waited near the zoo entrance, being bored out of his mind. Without checking for any other sign of Alex, he extracted a pack of Marlboro Reds from his front pocket. As he lit the end of it, a thought ran into his head: what if Alex had a run-in with someone else? The guy seemed to be Impulsive when it came right down to it, which could be dangerous on its own. Mixing reaper powers with it could be catastrophic. Seeing as he didn't have much else to do, he walked back to his bike and straddled it, extinguishing the half-finished cigarette before starting up and riding off.

As he got closer to the store where he and Alex first met, he saw a most unusual gathering. He only stopped, though, because of Bunsen using its tail to scratch the back of Tony's neck. He pulled over to watch the sight, involving four people: three guys and a female. He recognized one of the guys as Alex, but who were the others? He also saw that they had weapons drawn and another flying creature protecting the female. Tony shook his head, wondering why this was happening to him, and simply accepted his fate. Maybe if he gathered all the reapers together (since there were more of them now) they all could make sense as to what was going on. Would that mean that he would have to lead them? Scary thought, to be sure, but if he had to do it...

Tony revved up his engines and roared over to where the four reapers were, skidding to a halt beside them all. He turned off the bike and got of it, finding his half-done cigarette and lighting it up again. He took a long drag and exhaled before addressing them. "What the hell is going on around here?" he looked among all of them as he spoke, "Do I actually see fellow reapers at war with one another? And yes, I'll stop the question in its tracks right now. I am a reaper, Tony Marsh is the name. And my question to you all is this: Why do you waste your time and powers fighting each other when there are demons all over NYC that we could take this out on?" As he talked, Tony strode forward and with a snap of his fingers, Bunsen transformed into his steel staff. Without hesitation, he grasped his weapon and stood in the middle of them all. "I would like for all of us to work together here. Having more and more people with abilities like ours...it seems too much like a coincidence to me," he stated, smirking, "Make no mistake, though. If for some odd reason you decide to attack me, I will not hesitate to knock you out. I sincerely hope that it won't come to that."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    Wyve squealed at the newcomers. It was not a roar. Wyve could not roar in this form, nor did he ever intend to. They were all being stupid, gathering like this in such a small area. There was a reason Kaya had run here. If it came to a fight (and unfortunately it had they were all bulky and requiring space. Kaya didn't need much of space. You used what you had. Always.

Syr was still giggling, not oblivious, no. Syren was a clever, clever girl, devoid of the fear Kaya had, but not of her caution. As long as they just saw her as crazy and Kaya as simply a scared girl, the girl was in the clear. There was more, and Wyve disliked acknowledging them, the other voices. They didn't like to talk, or to talk openly. As much of an annoyance as Syr was, he could predict her. Anyway, the girl was focused on giving the exactly wrong impression for these people to see: dangerous. s long as they thought that, they would keep attacking her. That was encouragement, painful or not, that Syr and Kaya's paranoid thinking was correct.

It was a lose-lose situation for them.

Syr glanced at Shear and smiled. "That's what you all say." He was falling to pieces already... well, Todesdolch was like that... She supposed now was a good time. "Wyve," she whispered.

The dragon perked and she smiled blissfully. Ah... this was what she understood. Her existence was for Kaya, and for herself, to live. To live to them meant...

To be with her father.

Wyve nodded and shreed, raising his wings. From the ground, rocks moved to wrap around the others' feet. Then he dove towards Syr, turning into his weapon form. The girl giggled and squirmed from Shear's grip.

"Accel Breaker," she murmured and the spell wrapped soothing amber light around her limbs. Her bag on her back, Syr hesitated only a second to wink... and then she was off, running past Tony at the others, running home on magical fuel.

She wanted to fight; oh how badly she wanted to. However, Syr was not a fool. If she beat them, something would happen, something would have to happen to Kaya. She wanted a joyful experience... but more important was Mr. James, was her family's smile. He mattered the most to both of them.

He would be upset with her if she went any farther. She didn't care how disgusting she was... but Mr. James was not going to be ruined because of them.

Syr was an odd bird... but she followed that feeling Kaya had, more than anything else.

Sephear

Years
  • Shear realized he couldn't hold on much longer, and worse Norris had mistaken Alex for a demon or something. Dammit, if only I had dodged a few more of those darts I'd be able to hold on to her, there's way too much going on now. He barely kept his balance enough to stand as Syr wiggled her way out of his grip and dashed off. "No wait! Where did you come fr-ugh oh." He slumped over as he realized everything had fallen apart, and what's worse some jackass had pulled up on a bike and started talking like he was some sort of leader and actually knew what the hell was going on. He stumbled over to Norris. "I'm sorry I forgot to mention...the girl...she's a schitzoid...I should have said something I..uh." He took a few more clumsy steps before his eyes locked on Gigantor, the one throwing out orders as if he could take them all on. "You idiot! You can't just walk into a situation you know nothing about like your the big hoss! I oughta...huh, you gave her an opening to get away, I was so close to snapping her out of it...you...you." Shear had overdone it by bothering to put emotion into his voice and before he could finish berating the newcomer his eyes rolled up into the back of his head and he fell face flat onto the concrete.

Kerayle had once again proven he was more than just an extension of Shear by appraising the situation much clearer than he had. The tiger had been walking with Norris when Shear left, mostly to keep an eye on Voel before the damn bird did something else stupid, and when he saw the situation unfolding the way it was he stayed back and watched from a dark corner. When Kaya the enigmatic cub (as he sees her) had escaped he stayed right on her trail, no human could outrun him and his velveted paws made no noise as he chased her. He made sure to avoid her attention and he made it all the way back to her layer and saw her slip in, but before he could follow Shear lost consciousness and Kerayle un-manifested and was shunted back into his totem.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    "I'm Kallen, but you can just call me Kal." Jayce could only see his mouth moving, since a hood covered his eyes and nose. How he faced Jayce so clearly was a bit confusing. "The lovely lady here," Kallen gestured, "is Rosa; you've probably guessed, but she's my Familiar."

"My name is Jayce, and the bird is Jayce as well." Kallen took a look at the bird, who was still perched on Rosa's shoulder. "If you don't mind me asking, how is a human woman your Familiar?"

Kallen didn't really have an answer for that. He honestly had no clue why a girl was his familiar, and he never asked why because he never met other Reapers to compare. So...

"How is a bird yours?"

"I don't even know exactly what he is." He admitted, "He was perched next to my bed in the hospital, yet nobody could see him."

"Anyway," Kallen continued as he walked toward the edge of the rooftop, "I usually need something to eat after work, and I forgot to eat breakfast. Wanna come with me? My treat."

"I couldn't allow you to pay for my meal," Jayce answered. "Although, I can suggest a really great café; it serves great tea!" He seemed very fond of the place. "It's called The Roasted Cup!"

At the café, they all ordered some coffee and sandwiches. Rosa and Kallen didn't really like the coffee the baristas served — they'd become sort of connoisseurs for coffee over the past few months, and this crap was practically watered-down charcoal — but they let Jayce keep his love of the joint and stayed quiet. The sandwiches weren't bad, though.

Jayce explained to the two how he became a Reaper, from saving some sap's life to getting shot, to waking up in the hospital with his new Familiar. Kallen didn't tell him much; he couldn't. All he could tell was about him having gaps in his memories.

Regardless, they found some fun from their earlier team-up, and they agreed to work together while Kallen was in town. Kallen and Rosa didn't tell their new companion, but they thought that a higher density of Reapers would lead to more numerous — and more dangerous — demons.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    The girl started to lick the blood from her wounds that Alex gave her. He wasn't hoping that it would directly hit her, but he was slightly unnerved by the fact that she seemed to enjoy it. What is she?! She launched a dart attack on the man next to Alex, putting him in a rather 'sleepy' state. He figured it was a sort of poisoning attack, so Alex too a jump back. Whoosh! Suddenly, a couple of beams of light hit the ground near Alex's feet. He took a few more steps back, looking at the direction it came from. What's he doing?! This idiot thinks I'm the enemy! What happened after that calmed Alex down. The roar of a bike echoed as it screeched to a halt near the group. Alex looked and saw it was Tony.

"Do I actually see fellow reapers at war with one another? And yes, I'll stop the question in its tracks right now. I am a reaper, Tony Marsh is the name. And my question to you all is this: Why do you waste your time and powers fighting each other when there are demons all over NYC that we could take this out on?" As he talked, Tony strode forward and with a snap of his fingers, Bunsen transformed into his steel staff. Without hesitation, he grasped his weapon and stood in the middle of them all. "I would like for all of us to work together here. Having more and more people with abilities like ours...it seems too much like a coincidence to me, make no mistake, though. If for some odd reason you decide to attack me, I will not hesitate to knock you out. I sincerely hope that it won't come to that."

So he's here...What good timing. Alex admittedly felt bad that Tony was waiting for him, and had to go and find him, but he shrugged it off as it was for a good reason. Alex turned his attention back to the fight at hand, where the girl seemed to have begun to flee. Crap, she's getting away! We've got to do something! Before Alex could do anything, the girl was gone, and one of the guys behind him and fell to the ground. "Jesus christ, what was that all about...?" He walked up to the fallen man and observed him. "Hey guys, is he dead?" Alex said with a slight worry in his voice. He had no clue what to do in this situation, and with all the racket they caused, they may have attracted the police or something. "We should get out of here quick. Someone get this guy, there's no way I'm bringing a half-dead man into my apartment." Alex said looking at them. He then looked at Tony. He didn't mention the meet-up, but he thought it was obvious they should all head back to someone's place for a little talk, plus get the unconscious guy back to a more 'lively' state.

doge

???
    Years
  • Attention drawn from the skirmish, Norris eyed the incoming motorcycle. With a less than discreet entrance, the biker came to a skidding stop amongst the group. This dude must've been the biker Shear had mentioned earlier. Norris wasn't sure if he was here to stir up further trouble or what. Things were already chaotic enough as they were.

He turned back to the individual he had fired his warning shot at. Surprisingly the extent of the man's reaction was just a glance over at Norris. Since he didn't attack, Norris assumed his initial thinking was a bit off. Uhh... so I think I can mark this guy off as a good guy.

The biker guy was spouting something in the distance but whatever it was he only hearing half of it, and even half of that he wasn't really paying any real attention to. Norris was far too busy peering curiously at Shear, who was approaching in a rather ditzy manner as if he was having trouble staying up. Norris took a step closer towards him, hoping to keep Shear at least on his feet if anything.

It turned out to be a bit too late for that because Shear just collapsed onto his face, hitting the pavement with a big thud. Before he passed out he was blubbering something about the girl from earlier being a schizophrenic, as well giving the biker , who had turned out to be quite large, perhaps even bigger than Shear, a taste of his thoughts. The information about the girl being not quite so right in the sanity department would've been quite helpful indeed. With the girl being mentioned, Norris had realized he had completely forgotten about her after he had fired that arrow and as he scanned the parking lot, she was nowhere to be found.

Bow still in hand, Norris went over to check on Shear, "Must've been a tranquilizer, but I don't see anything here..."

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted two feet approaching. Looking up he saw the fellow that earlier had been wielding a sword.

"Help me get him, we'll figure out what to do after."

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • "Well...that went well," Tony thought as he surveyed the others around him. The female all of a sudden took off with a blast of speed that surprised him. One of the guys came forward after that and started yelling at him. Tony noted that this one was about his height and seemed to be just as strong. Just as he was raging, however, he fell face-first to the ground. One of the others checked on the guy apparently knocked out. He thought he heard Alex mention something about taking him somewhere to recuperate.

Tony nodded, "I got a place a few blocks from here. Its a nice walk, though. I can leave my bike here and let him rest in one of the beds there." He stooped down and slowly pulled the big guy across his shoulders, making sure not to hurt him in the process. He stood up and nodded to the others, "Follow me, guys. We can talk more there, at the Angel's Paradise."

He walked slowly, not from the burden, but to allow the others to follow. Soon, he saw the doors of the non-functional tavern and quickly went inside. He set the large man down onto a bed in one of the back rooms and made him a little comfortable. Tony closed the door and walked back Into the front room where he hoped the others would be there.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back