• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
Years
  • Tsk Tsk S9, Ice types have Ice Shard. Does steel? No......

Steel types are the ONLY pokemon that resist the dragon type and if thats not enough steel types are the most physically bulky pokemon which all dragons bar the rare specsmence, latias who can easily be stopped by putting pursuit on scizor, and the evn more rare specs or mixed kingdra who has less spA than haunter are all physically based and walled by pretty much every steel type which is why metagross and forretress are so common in ubers because dragons dominate there and steels with a little sp.def EV's wall them.

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • They resist Dragon Type ATTACKS- Salamence and Latias can still have Earthquake, Surf, HP Fire, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt..to name a few.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • Here are some damage calculations for attacks on bulky metagross straight from smogon and the only one on there that can sometimes OHKO is lucario after a SD

24 SpA Naughty Salamence + Life Orb Fire Blast vs 252 HP / 65 SpD = 70.88% - 83.52% (2HKO)
    232 Atk Naughty Salamence + 1 Dragon Dance + Life Orb Earthquake vs 252 HP / 165 Def = 83.52% - 98.35%
    232 Atk Naughty Salamence + 1 Dragon Dance + Life Orb Outrage vs 252 HP / 165 Def = 37.09% - 43.96% (Clean 3HKO)
    252 Atk Adamant Lucario + 1 Swords Dance + Life Orb Close Combat vs 252 / 165 Def = 86.81% - 102.47% (15.38% of OHKO
    252 Atk Adamant Tyranitar + Choice Band Stone Edge vs 252 HP / 165 Def = 37.91% - 44.51%
    252 Atk Tyranitar + Choice Band Crunch vs 252 HP / 165 Def = 50.55% - 59.62% (80.67% of 2HKO w/ Leftovers)
    0 Atk Jolly Gliscor Earthquake vs 252 HP / 165 Def = 37.91% - 45.05%
    252 Atk Adamant Gyarados + Life Orb Waterfall vs 252 HP / 165 Def = 47.80% - 56.32% (25.44% chance of 2HKO w/ Leftovers)
    252 Atk Adamant Gyarados + Life Orb Earthquake vs 252 Hp / 165 Def = 79.67% - 93.96% (2HKO)
    252 SpA Naive Magnezone Thunderbolt vs 252 HP / 65 SpD = 50.27% - 59.34%

Are you telling me you can't just put ice punch on your metagross or whatever pokemon.

Or heres an idea the #1 counter for mence.

Scarf Jirachi...a steel type who will outspeed mence after a DD and OHKO with ice punch.

Arcanist

Durr
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Most mences run fireblast. In fact, 93% of them run a fire move, and the rest are mostly wish mences. Mamoswine is out of a job if salamence goes uber

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • Well, Mence has been on teams of the only people who beat me. Two of them only won becasue of Mence. I jusr prefer to not have people bring it just so they can beat me. If you can trade me a clone, that would be appreciated.

Arcanist

Durr
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    SCV you can have a clone of my Event rachi with good IV's (2 31's omg and + 20 everything else for an event pokemon thats not bad) untrained

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
  • if hes talking about the shiny one its a hack so it wont work
    and seriously most mences run fire moves
    still not sure how one mence can beat a whole team of steels tho

Arcanist

Durr
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    And i think you guys are forgetting that salamence is epic bullet punch weak if it doesent get intimidate off (SCIZOR AAA)

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • if hes talking about the shiny one its a hack so it wont work
    and seriously most mences run fire moves
    still not sure how one mence can beat a whole team of steels tho

Menc does not beat my whole team, but it can be problamatic and deal massive damage before I take it out.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I'm only going to do one battle tonight guys, and that will be with Grif so the rest of you will have to wait. Stav I will get to you tomorrow or Sunday, and Lance you will have to wait until next week likely. Then again I have a few tournament deadlines which are more important so you may both be waiting longer.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • After careful consideration with other league leaders from here and various sites, as well as some leaders and challengers, I am initiating a complete revamp of the general league rules. There are going to be some major changes made that will surely effect the current atmosphere here but will assure more fun for both challenger and leader alike.

As I have only limited time and this may take a few hours I am declaring all gyms closed until later on tonight. Don't worry though, it will noyl be a few hours. Any pre-existing challenges may be carried out at the leaders' discretion but no new challenges may be made until the new rules are posted.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back