• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heartgold or Soulsilver?

Heartgold or Soulsilver?

• Heartgold

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Soulsilver

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm torn, I don't know which one to purchase... don't say both lol I only ever buy one.

In your opinion which one should I purchase? Which one has the best version exclusives?

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • i got soul silver beause lugia is epic! you can get a meowth in SS, too!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    HeartGold is my preference I got Gold when I was younger. What did you have when you were younger?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I got soul silver due to the fact Lugia pwns Ho-oh, plus I heard you can catch a groudon later on in SS and kygore in HG.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Soul Sivler all the way!
    Lugia > Ho-Oh And you get mewoth and Vulpix And Groundon what more could you ask for?

Years
  • HeartGold is my preference I got Gold when I was younger. What did you have when you were younger?

I had Silver when I was younger which made me think I should go with Heartgold to be a bit different. But I have looked at the version exclusives and I'm leaning towards Soulsilver....

psypokes.com/hgss/differences.php

I don't really care about what legendaries I can or can't get as I don't use them.

Edit: The pokemon making me lean towards Soulsilver are, Meowth, Skarmory and Swalot. The ones appealing to me in Heartgold are Arcanine, Gliscor and Ariados, but with the Heartgold exclusives I've raised them all but Ariados in other games but I haven't raised any of the pokémon I've stated in Soulsilver, I don't think I've caught a Meowth since Blue lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    It all really depends on what pokemon you want forget about ho-oh and lugia you cant get them in both games think about version exclusives like in heart gold you can get kyogre and groudon in soul silver personally for me i like heart gold because that way you can get lugia at a much higher level and you can finish the ruins of aplhs alot quicker

Years
  • I would personally go towards HeartGold, if you were planning on completing the Pokedex, as there are more version exclusives in that (only 2 more though).
    But just go with either, as there both more a less the same with the exception of a couple of Pokemon

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    I personally like HG because I also played Gold when I was younger and I know it better. They are pretty much the same except for a few different game exclusive pokemon, its your choice.

Years
  • It all really depends on what pokemon you want forget about ho-oh and lugia you cant get them in both games think about version exclusives like in heart gold you can get kyogre and groudon in soul silver personally for me i like heart gold because that way you can get lugia at a much higher level and you can finish the ruins of aplhs alot quicker

For me it's not about legendaries or finishing quickly, I just want to build a unique team with Pokémon that I haven't really used before, I was leaning towards Soulsilver before I made this thread but I was just seeing if there was anyone that could talk me into getting Heartgold instead.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    I didn't know you could get the Hoenn Legendaries? Now I'm even happier about HeartGold!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Choose which ever one you wish to get. There really is no difference other than version exclusives, which you'll find more information about in our stickied FAQ and Known Information. Other than that they are both the same game and you are allowed to capture both Ho-Oh and Lugia.

In all, everyone else's answers will be from what they chose and their personal preference. In the end, the answer on which version to get is still up to you. ;)

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back