• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver, A Bluff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm sure mostly everyone has been bugging the pokemon people to create a HG/SS remake, right?

What about they got sick of this and just created tat clip and a few clipshots to make us shut up about it so they can focus on future games?

What I'm trying to say is, are they lying to us about HG/SS?

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    That would be the worst business decision on the planet.

You promise a game that everyone has been looking forward to for years, and then don't deliver on it? How would the customer base react to a business that pulled a stunt like that? Especially a customer base of multimillions of people, with a business as high-profile as Nintendo, selling a product as well-known as Pokémon games?

No company could intentionally lie about something as big as that, something as hyped and expected as that, and then not deliver. The customer base will be furious with them, will boycott their products, will never trust them again. There's also a good chance such a stunt would fall under the category of "false advertising," which is illegal and which companies can get sued for, and can lose a lot of money over.

They would have to be seriously retarded to do something like that, which they are not. Remember that this is a company run by adults that think about the consequence of actions like that.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    *punces wisher in the face
    DUDE, DO NOT SPEAK OF THIS TOMFOOLERY!
    THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT.....or would they
    *looks around
    could they lie to us, would they lie to us?
    if they are bluffing then there's only one explanation for this
    WE'RE LIVING IN THE MATRIX AND GAME FREAK AND NINTENDO ARE THE AGENTS!

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Never. Going. To. Happen.

Mobs would break out in the streets! People would go crazy! Murders would occur left and right! NOA and NOJ headquarters would be bombed by radical extremist groups!

But honestly, It's definitely not a bluff.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It would blow the trust of maybe half of the whole pokemon franchise, dude. GS on the DS is coming.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    Never. Going. To. Happen.

Mobs would break out in the streets! People would go crazy! Murders would occur left and right! NOA and NOJ headquarters would be bombed by radical extremist groups!

that is so true (and would prove that we do, in fact, live in the matrix)
    but it isn't a bluff. it could be a flop though, but i don't think it would be

Mudkipable

RP/fanfic/penguin/amphy lover
    Years
    Guys, jeez. Nintendo would lose ALOT of customers if they cancelled or were bluffing about HGSS.

HGSS is DEFINATLY coming.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I had an idea for this and it seems logical for Nintendo, due to fans hopes being brought up and they can release another game, thinking it'd get huge hype. It's a common business move, usually failed. But, the worst thing ever done? Not even Philips CD-i works just as bad as those adult games for Atari 2600.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Like someone else said, that would be a terrible business choice. Plus, that is way too far fetched. It hardly make sense too. The easiest thing for them to do, if this was the case, would have been to simply ignore the requests... not create fake ads and commercials lol.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Not necessarily. What if the whole project just didn't work out and therefore had gotten cancelled? Cancellation and lying are two completely different things. :[

Yes, they are very different things. I wasn't implying that they were the same. It's not like companies have never started developing a game and then given up on development. (Duke Nukem Forever?) I wasn't talking about cancellation, I was responding to the original question, which was about "bluffing."

The question was, basically, "is Nintendo flat-out lying about having any intention to actually make a game, and just faked a few video clips for a game that they do not plan to develop and never will make?" To which the answer is "heck no, that would be retarded."

If the question was "is there a chance that Nintendo might end up cancelling this game even though they've evidently started working on it?" then the answer would be that yeah, there's a chance, albeit a very slim chance since this game's been in development three years (so Nintendo says) and is scheduled to be released within months.

I wasn't talking about cancellation. I was talking about what the original author suggested: that for no good reason and contrary to all the practices of good business, Nintendo had announced the development of a game that it was 100% sure it had no intention of ever making, period.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to get a copywrite? Since they already have DuskGold & DawnSilver copywrited, they would have used those names instead of HeartGold & SoulSilver, which had to get new copywrites for.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    A lot of pokemon fans became fans because of gold, silver and crystal. Most of the people who originally bought red/blue aren't fans of the franchise. Well in my experience that's been the case.

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    This will be my reaction if that were to happen.

"Awww man.....KILL THEMMMM" (Grabs my torch)

But that's what I'll do. Well except for grabbing a torch obviously. lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back