• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Breeding Challenge

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Wow,
    Today I Thought, "Huh, Ima try Breeding Pokemon."
    Since my Brother is asking for all these pokemon at the start of his Game, That he doesn't want to have at a High Level, because He wants to make sure to enjoy every level with his Pokemon.

So since then, I've been Breeding all the pokemon he's been naming.

Growlithe's Hardly been in there, and i've already gotten 2 eggs.
    :D

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    So how are people going about breeding this slowpoke?
    At first I was trying to get lucky with the nature by breeding one of any nature, but that failed quite a few times, so now I'm trying to catch a bold slowpoke, then use the everstone trick, and then just try to get lucky with the gender.
    Also, does the pokemon have to hatch with the said moveset to be legit, or can they acquire the moves through leveling up or other methods?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Doesn't matter; as long as it has the moves :P If that means you hatch it with the exact moveset, or you level it to 15 to acquire the other moves, it doesn't matter in the end. You just need that result.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    Gotcha, thanks.
    I'll probably be leveling the little sucker to get all the moves, seeing as I'm quick catching a buncha weak-pokes to get the right nature, when I finally find the proper parents they probably won't know those moves XD

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Hey, love the idea of a breeding challenge, but before I can ever start. What in the world is a "Golden Leaf!"

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    You know that leaf you can find depending on the Pokemon's nature?

For example, the Slowpoke this week has a Bold nature. That means it can find a golden leaf by talking to it in the grass on routes 9, 15, 22, 24, 37, 42, 46.

You can find the list here:

https://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/shinyleaf.shtml

It's actually called a "Shiny Leaf"; I mistranslated :s I'll fix that, though.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Major bump; I hope 2 weeks is all right for that?

This challenge is still active, and I do update every Monday. Now that HGSS has been out for a while, I hope to see more activity in this thread.

Back