• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I cannot get my Pokewalker to connect with my game.(I am running a patched rom)
    I access the menu and choose the Pokemon I want to send over to the walker, when it shows on the top screen to press the middle button, I do. The face on the walker frowns, indicating it cannot find the signal. I was curious if anyone knew if it was at all possible to use the walker with a rom version at this time?

I do not believe the PokéWalker will connect with the ROM as the PokéWalker signals an Infrared light directly to the game allowing transfer between the two. Because the ROM may not come with the same capability, it is most likely why it will not work for you unless you were to use the actual HGSS cartridge that will read the PokéWalker correctly.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
  • I do not believe the PokéWalker will connect with the ROM as the PokéWalker signals an Infrared light directly to the game allowing transfer between the two. Because the ROM may not come with the same capability, it is most likely why it will not work for you unless you were to use the actual HGSS cartridge that will read the PokéWalker correctly.

Oh so it does use IR? Oh well, I will just start a game on my real cart and use it for that.

Years
  • Thanks so much for the help, Apostrophe! :D You're right; he does give it to you in HGSS as well.

Does anyone know how to get to Blackthorn? I have no idea where the Ice Path is (isn't it in Mahogany...? But some old guy is blocking the way).
    have you been to goldenrod and beaten team rocket in the radiotower? (that's after beating the ice gym). Or if you're not to there, you have to beat the underground base below mahogany.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Yeah. I sort of just figured the Radio Tower thing now. xD Man, it's sure been a long time since Gold... thanks.

Anyone know where the Move Relearner is?

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Darn! Thanks for telling me. I hope I finish this TR business quick...

Years
  • Darn! Thanks for telling me. I hope I finish this TR business quick...
    Hahaha, well once you've taken them out then you can go past Mahogany again. :cool:
    Then, Ice Cave is pretty self-explanatory (Thank god you don't have to use Waterfall to get through it) XD
    I would suggest teaching something a dragon move for the last Gym. i've been having so much trouble. XD

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    lulz on Gold all of my Pokemon had fainted except my Umbreon, and I managed to beat Clair somehow. I should have never picked Chikorita (I thought it was cute at the time so I picked it... how naive I was).

I want my Gold Diamond back. TTATT

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    I'm stuck at Olivine city. I went up the lighthouse and talked to the chick and then she opened the door. Then when I try going to the left of the city, some dude stops me from going any further. What to do?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Aww... I wanted Red to have a Pikachu at at least level 94.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    In the sprites of the game, why are there two different scientist sprites? One is from D/P, but the other has ragged clothes and looks totally insane.

Years
  • How do I access the menu to use the pokewalker?
    It's in the bootup menu, above mystery gift option i believe.

In the sprites of the game, why are there two different scientist sprites? One is from D/P, but the other has ragged clothes and looks totally insane.
    maybe it's just an extra little egg?

Is hoenn and or sinnoh in it?
    no. there's not engouhg memory in the card to have a whole other region.

Chikorita does not suck, I beat the game with her once
    long, long ago
    they're all good. depends on what you're after.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back