• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
  • Do you need flash in Dark cave? Is it a HM?

1) You need Flash to see what you're doing in Dark Cave.
    2) You don't need to get through Dark Cave.
    3) Flash is in the form of a TM found later(not sure where though).

EDIT:
    everyones ignoring my question!

No. They just missed it. You should have re-asked in your post there.
    It doesn't seem to be in your two posts above so I'll assume it's on the previous page.
    Give me a chance to see it and then I'll get to you with the answer.

You have to keep in mind to be patient, we can't answer everything as we don't know it all and we need time to answer most of the questions.
    Instead of bombarding us with posts saying we're ignoring your question, just wait(because it is literally spam you just posted).

So just wait whilst I go check out your question.

EDIT EDIT:
    I'm not sure what the correct combination of answers for Extremespeed Dratini is, I'm afraid.
    But I'm pretty sure someone who is further in will provide you with the answer in time, if you just wait patiently.

Last edited:

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Someone mind telling me how i move that Snorlax infront of diglett cave? I've spent two hours trying to work it out and it's really pissing me off. I feel like CloseCombat'ing it the moment i battle it x_x

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Someone mind telling me how i move that Snorlax infront of diglett cave? I've spent two hours trying to work it out and it's really pissing me off. I feel like CloseCombat'ing it the moment i battle it x_x
    Same way as in normal G/S/C so Radio's Poke Flute tune :)

Guys I have also 2 questions.
    1. Where's the Machine Part in Cerulean gym?
    2. Does anyone know something 'bout stones beside Moon ones?

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • Same way as in normal G/S/C so Radio's Poke Flute tune :)

Guys I have also 2 questions.
    1. Where's the Machine Part in Cerulean gym?
    2. Does anyone know something 'bout stones beside Moon ones?

Yeah i've tried that before, there's no tune whatsoever in my pokegear radio. How do you get to this radio poke flute?

ghostofherooftime

Phantom of the Internet
    Years
  • Yeah i've tried that before, there's no tune whatsoever in my pokegear radio. How do you get to this radio poke flute?

After you restore power to the power plant go to the snorlax and open your radio.. the pokeflute tune is located in the top left area you have to manually move the radio point there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    The machine part is in the left hand side life guard things. Just click A on it and you will find it, its towards the left hand corner.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • The machine part is in the left hand side life guard things. Just click A on it and you will find it, its towards the left hand corner.
    Yep I got it.
    And here's screen for the others :)

HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • So, can someone give me a list of the HM's in the game and also, do you need to use Flash in the game apart from in rock tunnel and dark cave?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So, can someone give me a list of the HM's in the game and also, do you need to use Flash in the game apart from in rock tunnel and dark cave?
    It's better to have it on HM Slave :)
    It's needed for more caves.
    HMs
    HM01 Cut - Same as in G/S/C. = In the Ilex Forest after ya catch both Farfetch'd 's
    HM02 Fly - Also same. = From Chuck's wife after ya beat him.
    HM03 Surf - Once again same. = In Kimono dojo on the first visit after ya beat rocket grunt.
    HM04 Strength - Not same xD = From the hiker on the way from Ecruteak to Mahogany.
    HM05 Whirlpool - Same... = From Lance after ya beat Electrodes in Rocket's hideout in Goldenrod.
    HM06 Rock Smash - In some way same. = From the fat guy standing ahead of Sudoowoodo on the Route 32.
    HM07 Watterfall - Also same. = In ice path.

And by the way I made a small FAQ tell me if I should put any other question.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Was just about to ask the same question would be nice if someone told us as she isn't in her gym. :P

She's on a date with a random NPC at Cerulean Cape(Route 25), like the originals.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    It's better to have it on HM Slave :)
    It's needed for more caves.
    HMs
    HM01 Cut - Same as in G/S/C. = In the Ilex Forest after ya catch both Farfetch'd 's
    HM02 Fly - Also same. = From Chuck's wife after ya beat him.
    HM03 Surf - Once again same. = In Kimono dojo on the first visit after ya beat rocket grunt.
    HM04 Strength - Not same xD = From the hiker on the way from Ecruteak to Mahogany.
    HM05 Whirlpool - Same... = From Lance after ya beat Electrodes in Rocket's hideout in Goldenrod.
    HM06 Rock Smash - In some way same. = From the fat guy standing ahead of Sudoowoodo on the Route 32.
    HM07 Watterfall - Also same. = In ice path.

And by the way I made a small FAQ tell me if I should put any other question.
    There's also Rock Climb, either by trading a Pokemon who knows that from DPPt or, I assume, after you beat Red or something?
    Cause tons of cities have the climbable stuff, including Viridian Forest, that wasn't in the originals, so i'd love to check that out once I finish with the game.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    How do you get into the safari zone routes? I beat chuck but the 2 workers are still there

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • I really don't see her there :/
    Do I need to do something before?
    You have to have beaten Celadon and Fuschia gyms beforehand, and then you have to do the Powerplant thing.
    How do you get into the safari zone routes? I beat chuck but the 2 workers are still there
    You have to take the SecretPotion back to Jasmine in Olvine first. (What you went to Cianwood to get.)
    question:
    where can you find a dusk stone?
    There's a Dusk Stone on Mt. Silver, and you can probably get it with rock smash, but I'm not sure about that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back