• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Alright I got a question. Say that they have an update for My pokemon ranch that lets you use Heartgold/Soulsilver to transfer pokemon. Would you be able to put pokemon in the ranch, Then transfer them to D/P/P? Sort of like how you could transfer pokemon from R/S/E to FR/LG Using pokemon box?
    No. In Ranch, you can only withdraw from the game you used to originally transfer it there. Sucks, huh?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    No. In Ranch, you can only withdraw from the game you used to originally transfer it there. Sucks, huh?

Sure does. I really don't wanna buy another DS just to transfer some pokemon :/ Then again some other games are exclusive to the DSi... And I got more then enough money to get one...

EDIT: one more question, Are only certain pokemon allowed to be used in pokethlon? like, only smaller pokemon? Because if I'm allowed to use wailord in the pokethlon.... :3

Last edited:
    Years
    In addition to my above question, does anywhere know where I can get me some Heart Scales pre-E4? I need at least one to get Mamoswine. D;

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I'm stuck again '-.-
    Ok so after beating the elite 4 prof. Elm gave me an ss anne ticked and now I'm on the(a) boat! [lonely island quote ftw]
    But when I go downstairs there is a guy blocking me from getting past nor can I get off the boat so I'm stuck :(

i like that song lol i wonder if anyone else will get it

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2009
    Where do I find the TM for Calm Mind? I know that move didn't exist in G/S/C so I don't really know where to look. I think it would be a nice addition for Lugia before challenging the E4

Years
    Where do I find the TM for Calm Mind? I know that move didn't exist in G/S/C so I don't really know where to look. I think it would be a nice addition for Lugia before challenging the E4

If FRLG was anything to go by, my guess is that it's a prize for defeating Sabrina. D;

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    EDIT: one more question, Are only certain pokemon allowed to be used in pokethlon? like, only smaller pokemon? Because if I'm allowed to use wailord in the pokethlon.... :3
    Nothing was mentioned on the size of a Pokémon to participate in the Pokéthelon. Currently what is known is that you must select three Pokémon each time to participate in each of the selected activites based on the Pokémon's stats and category chosen [Speed, Power, Technique, Stamina, and Jump].

For more information on this you can check out Serebii's site on the Pokéthelon by clicking HERE.

In addition to my above question, does anywhere know where I can get me some Heart Scales pre-E4? I need at least one to get Mamoswine. D;
    You can find Heart Scales by smashing rocks with Rock Smash. Something new to replace the Sinnoh Underground is that certain items can be found when using Rock Smash on eligible rocks, one of them happens to be Heart Scale.

You can also try to earn enough points in the Pokéthelon Dome as on Sundays, one of the prizes offered is the Heart Scale, but you must have enough points (1000).

TM 04 (Calm Mind) is no longer given by Sabrina in HeartGold or SoulSilver like what was done in FRLG. This time, you must earn Calm Mind from the Battle Frontier by gathering enough Battle Points from the facilities to purchase this TM. Sadly, this won't be obtainable until after the Elite, but if possible you can always trade over the TM from your DPPt game into HGSS.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I know that in order to get Whitney back into her Gym, you have to answer a series of questions from someone in the radio tower. Thing is, I can't find any NPC in that place that asks you that many questions.. unless I'm in the wrong building, but I'm fairly sure I'm not. There's no other place in that city that could pass for a Radio Tower.. xD; So which NPC is supposed to ask you the questions to give you the card? D8;

Years
    I know that in order to get Whitney back into her Gym, you have to answer a series of questions from someone in the radio tower. Thing is, I can't find any NPC in that place that asks you that many questions.. unless I'm in the wrong building, but I'm fairly sure I'm not. There's no other place in that city that could pass for a Radio Tower.. xD; So which NPC is supposed to ask you the questions to give you the card? D8;
    one of the girls at the front desk :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Okay, so I'm up to Blaine and Green/Blue (Gary/whatever you wanna call him) is standing in a corner and correct me if I'm wrong but since when was Rock Climb in G/S/C lol

Someone help me, where to go from here or where to find something, etc

Years
    Okay, so I'm up to Blaine and Green/Blue (Gary/whatever you wanna call him) is standing in a corner and correct me if I'm wrong but since when was Rock Climb in G/S/C lol

Someone help me, where to go from here or where to find something, etc

i haven't got up to there yet but i know that the rock climb is to acommodate for all the DPP pokes that know the move... not to mention you get kyogre/groudon/rayquaza with it.
    as for the blue/green thing, i don't know.;)

Years
    Professor Oak gives you HM Rock Climb after getting all 16 badges, I think. There are ledges like that in Johto too, one in National Park, one by the MooMoo Farm, and another one before Route 47 you have to use to get to where Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Hi! I wanted to ask where you can find moonstones other than Mt. Moon. I want to evolve my Nidorino! =D Thanks.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Very curious here.
    Can anyone tell me WTF were up those stairs in Elm's Lab that everybody was hyping up about so much?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Elm's family lives up there, but it's nothing important. Everyone was just spazzing because they thought it might have meant something important.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back