• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I'm still leveling up to face the Elite 4. In the help thread, one of the moderators deleted my question because it had to do with team building, and then said "It doesn't matter which one you pick really, just use what you want to use".

That makes sense and I'm glad he said it, because now I'm using something I haven't used ever. A Gliscor! It was kind of stupid for me to use since I made him a physical attacker, and that's the third physical attacker on my team..... Oh well. So I have 4 main team members now, and I'm thinking of adding a Skarmory eventually since I've wanted to try one out for quite a while. The only problem with that is it would probably be another physical attacker. XD

So I will need to find another special attacker for my team eventually, or at least something other than a phys. one. I'm not worried about it right now, but I want a full team before facing Red.

Anyway, I should be ready for the E4 soon, and I plan to just take 4 main pokemon, which are:

*Ursaring@Silk Scarf
    Facade
    Aerial Ace
    Faint Attack
    Avalanche

Gengar (He's really for catching pokemon, not battling. But in this case he will fight!)
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Shadow Ball
    Mean Look

*Gyrados@Shinyness (lol)
    Ice Fang
    Bite
    Waterfall
    Dragon Dance

*Gliscor
    Steel Wing
    Night Slash
    X-Scissor
    Ice Fang(I think?)
    That's what his moveset will be when he's leveled up enough anyway. I will probably replace one move with Earthquake though.

The "*" means that those pokemon have been fully EV trained.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I got the game yesterday, time to recount how things have been going.~

- Received my Totodile from Prof. Elm. What he wants to research seems... Rather vague? Anywho, had to name her "Marsha" and not after my original from Silver because of it being a her and not a he. o.o

-Did the silly little Mr. Pokemon thing. Pounded my rival "Will" on the way back.

-Caught myself a HootHoot named him, "Nights." Traveled on to Violet city where I defeated sprout tower. Went to the Gym and was absolutely amazed at how cool it looked. Embarrassingly, I was beaten by Falkner in our first battle. So I went to get a Geodude (B-Rox Weird name o.o) for Rock Smash at this point, and then won the second time against Bird-Brain.

- Traveled on to Azalea and did the Slowpoke Well bit (with an "Oooh that's pretty" at the well. xD) Marsha Evolved after the fight with Proton (interesting name for a Rocket exec). Went into Bugsy's Gym, again wows at the coolness o_o, and stomped all over his bugs. Afterwards caught a Rattata to use cut.

- Continued onwards towards Goldenrod and did some exploring of the funky stuff that's there which involved; taking a picture dressed as a Rocket, not liking the new game corner at all and entering the bug catching contest, where I caught a Pinsir and didn't even place (Nights Evolved battling some trainers on my way there). Then we went and defeated Whitney in her groovy new Gym.

- Traveled to the Pokeathlon ( Do I know Magnus from somewhere? o_o ) and it's absolutely amazing even though I'm absolutely awful at it.

- Made my way to Ecruteak, catching a Stantler along the way (part of my brain thinks he'll be good in the Pokeathlon). Went to the dance studio and stopped the Rocket from molesting the Kimono Girl (he wants "hula" dance he says). Then went to the burned tower, pounding my rival once more, and releasing the legendary dogs in the process.

My Current Team:-

Croconaw Marsha - Flail, Bite, Ice Fang and Water Gun.

Noctowl Nights - Confusion, Peck, Hypnosis and Uproar.

And my HM Slaves Rattata and Geodude B-Rox

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Just bought HG today, simply because I beat SS and didn't want to restart. So far I'm fighting team rocket in slowpoke well with a lvl 18 croconaw, and lvl 16 flaaffy.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I got through the victory road, now I have to train my elite 4 team for a couple of days.

Planned elite 4 team
    Feraligatr lv.55
    Ampharos lv.49
    Hypno lv.49
    Mamoswine lv.49
    Ninetales lv.49
    Lugia lv.49 (for the lulz)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    After flying through the game, I finally got everything traded over to my Platinum version in order to restart Soul Silver (so close to being strong enough to fight Red, too! ><). So far, I'm four days in.

Today, I just traveled a bit of the way down Route 32. I obtained a Psyduck from the Pokewalker, and added it to my main team. I also obtained the Old Rod from the fisherman in the Pokemon Center.

Team thus far:

Psyduck, Lv. 10
    • Water Gun
    • Scratch
    • Tail Whip
    • Water Sport

Geo/Geodude, Lv. 12
    • Rock Throw
    • Tackle
    • Defense Curl
    • Rock Polish

Pikachu, Lv. 12
    • Thunder Shock
    • Thunder Wave
    • Tail Whip
    • Growl

Owl/Hoothoot, Lv. 12
    • Peck
    • Tackle
    • Foresight
    • Hypnosis

Chiyori/Chikorita, Lv. 13
    • Razor Leaf
    • Tackle
    • Synthesis
    • PoisonPowder

And.. MYSTERY EGG!

I plan on nicknaming my Pokewalker Pokemon (Psyduck and Pikachu) when I get to Goldenrod City.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
    "Yes!!" Hayden was jumping for joy. He had just beat Blue and obtained his final gym badge! "Way to go Claw, Shadow, Nessy, Raven, June, and Axel! I knew we could beat him!" Blue crossed his arms. "Hmph! You're better than I thought. Alright, alright, here's your gym badge. The Earth Badge!" Hayden took the badge and was gleaming with excitement.

"Now you get the chance to fight the Elite Four!" Hayden's happiness didn't last very long after that. "You're not ready, kid. You couldn't make it past ME, Will, the first member of the Elite Four. Come back after you've gotten some experience under your belt." Hayden couldn't get those words out of his head. "I'll win this time. My Pokémon and I are ready. We'll beat the Elite Four AND the Champion."

After that, Hayden set out towards the Pokémon League once more, to claim the Champion title!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2010
    Update :D

I ended up getting a Cyndaquil and switched it for an Alternative Pokemon, a Rattata.
    I wanted to try something unique, and not too many people use Raticate's on their teams. I also own a level 11 Geodude, who helped me take down Falkner, I now plan on skipping all the trainers to get the Old rod, go catch a Krabby in Cherrygrove, then train him, and defeat all the trainers and carry on.
    :D

Juu-Chan

partGiratinabutwon'tsaywh ere
    Years
    + FINALLY beat Elite Four (3 weeks after I get the game...;-;) and start training my Eevee to celebrate. It's on Lv5, reckon it'll be 'round Lv35-40 before it evolves into Espeon with happiness.

+Eevee evolves on Lv17 lololololol

+Currently sweeping through Cycling road. I like how it's not as slow going uphill o3o

Current Team:
    Espeon / Nyappy Lv29
    Typhlosion/ Shiina Lv51
    Gyrados/ Ran Lv53
    Nidoking/ Shiawase Lv50
    Lugia/ Silver Lv52
    Bellsprout/ Cut ! Lv6

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I tried training to beat Clair today, but... I got sidetracked. After spending considerable time tracking Entei and Raikou to no avail, I started breeding my shiny Torchic, and now have about 38 regular Torchic , but no shinies. :(

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    HeartGold 05: My New Team Assembled!

After a long and strenuous trade, I finally got my Eggs! Me, Togepi and Azurill headed out into Violet City to run around and hope that the eggs would hatch. The first one to hatch was...Elekid!

These are his current stats:

Male
    Docile Nature
    Level 11
    HP: 31
    20/15/20/18/29
    Quick Attack. Low Kick. Cross Chop. ThunderShock.

Not long after Elekid, Tyrogue hatched...

Male
    Adamant Nature
    Level 12
    HP: 30
    18/17/12/16/15
    Tackle. Helping Hand. Fake Out. Foresight.

After Tyrogue, came Smoochum...

Female
    Serious Nature
    Level 10
    HP: 29
    12/10/22/20/18
    Pound. Lick. Sweet Kiss.

And finally, little Magby!

Male
    Hasty Nature
    Level 11
    HP: 31
    22/12/22/19/28
    Smog. Ember. Flamethrower. Sunny Day.

And, not to forget..

Level 14
    HP: 35
    13/24/17/26/12
    Sweet Kiss. Charm. Extrasensory. Metronome.

Level 12
    HP: 34
    10/17/13/14/10
    Splash. Charm. Tail Whip. Bubble.

Team Overview: Elekid and Magby are great - having powerful attacks such as Flamethrower and ThunderShock are helping them gain EXP during grinding. Elekid is also doing Tyrogue's job with Cross Chop and Low Kick. Azurill and Smoochum are hard - they only know one decent attack each. Togepi is doing fine. Tyrogue is hard to train :/ It's ashame he doesn't learn any fighting type moves ><

Going to train Togepi, Azurill, Magby, Smoochum and Tyrogue to Level 16 in preparation for Bugsy. Elekid to Level 15 because he's going to be taking the lead at Slowpoke Well which means he needs less time grinding in the grass :D

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    In my HG:
    Last night after about 5 resets(looking for a male scyther), won the bug-catching contest by catching one. Then got my oddish to evolve into gloom, then into bellossom.
    So far my team is
    croconaw lvl 25
    Scyther lvl 20
    Bellossom lvl 23
    Aipom lvl 13 (just for it's pick-up ability)

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Me and my restarting habits...

So, I restarted and chose Cyndaquil (male, Impish) nicknamed Blaze

+Got my Pokemon.
    +Left New Bark Town

Thats...pretty much it...

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Just beat Clair and the Kimono girls. Time to train and catch Lugia, then, the Elite 4.

Team

Typhlosion Lv 47
    -Quick Attack
    -Flamethrower
    -Flame Wheel
    -Rollout

Noctowl Lv 37
    -Reflect
    -Hypnosis
    -Fly
    -Air Slash

Espeon Lv 38
    -Sand-attack
    -Return
    -Swift
    -Psychic

Poliwrath Lv 45
    -Waterfall
    -Hypnosis
    -Wake-up Slap
    -Body Slam

Pukahuna (Pikachu) Lv 37
    -Thunderbolt
    -Double Team
    -Surf
    -Thunder Wave

Mamoswine Lv 38
    -Ice Shard
    -Ice Fang
    -Ancientpower
    -Strength

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    What a day, what a day!

Started off with a little training in order to get my whole team to Lv. 41, which I managed in about half an hour by grinding in the Ice Path. I also replaced Ampharos's Tackle with Rock Smash, which is more powerful and means my sole Electric type can now take on Ground types with ease.

I had a rematch with Erin on route 46, and immediately after got a phone call from someone who told me that Bill can't drink milk... oo-kaaaaaay...

Then I headed to the gym and took on Clair. She sent out Gyarados first and I sent out Starrie, my Ampharos, because Electric has a double-strength to Gyarados' Water/Flying type. Literally, one Discharge and one Thundershock was enough to take it down. Next was a Dragonair, so I countered with Sneasel, who took about three Icy Winds to defeat it. Her second Dragonair was easily taken care of with Feraligatr's Ice Fang. Finally, her stronger Pokemon, Kingdra, was quite tough. I started with Sneasel, who used one Icy Wind before being knocked out - it wasn't effective enough. I tried Pidgeot, who has Twister, and took a tiny amount off it's HP, so I finally tried Ampharos, who took it down slowly with Discharge for the victory!

After that, we headed to Dragons Den, I took my Totodile instead of Vulpix because he knows Whirlpool and I didn't want to clutter either Feraligatr or Sneasel (yeah, Sneasel can learn Whirlpool. I didn't know that either) with it. So we easily reached the centre shrine, answered the questions, got my badge and a TM that I'm never gonna use and headed back to New Bark, stopping along the way to pick up Vulpix again. And Prof. Elm gave me a Master Ball, which I'll save for later.

There, I was told to take on the Kimono Girls, so I headed for Ecruteak and headed there, bumping into Silver along the way, who said something wierd and then skulked off. So I went into the theatre and challenged the girls. First was the Umbreon, who Feraligatr managed with a couple of Ice Fangs, and then Espeon fell to his Crunch. Third was Flareon? Who was completely destroyed by Surf and then Jolteon destroyed him. And most of my team, actually. I didn't have anything to combat Electric types. My Ursaring, however, had gone out in Flareon's battle so I could heal up and he got a burn. So when I sent him out against Jolteon, his attack was boosted by Guts, and he used Facade, which is doubled to 140 damage when the user has a status problem. So that was the death of Jolteon. Literally, that was a super-powerful attack. Finally, Vaporeon fell to Ampharos.

So I got the Tidal Bell, switched Vulpix and Sneasel for Paras and Totodile (HM Slaves), Max Repel'd my way through the Whirl Islands and found myself in a chamber where the Kimono Girls did a happy little dance and summoned before me... Lugia!

I surfed up, saved in case I had to soft-reset and then pressed A. I used three Crunches from Feraligatr to get him into the red, and then chucked a Heavy Ball and instant success.

Literally. One. Single. Heavy Ball.

And I have Lugia.

So now I'm going to train my team to about Lv. 45 in the Ice Cave and Cliff Cave, and then take on the League probably tomorrow. ~♪

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Beat the E4 for the 3rd time training for RED.

Swift(Lapras) lvl 48
    Ice Beam
    Body Slam
    Hail
    Surf

Frank(Aggron) lvl 65
    Double-edge
    Earthquake
    Iron Tail
    Metal Burst

Archy(Arcanine) lvl 47
    Flamethrower
    Fire Fang
    Extreme Speed
    Flame Wheel

Fear(Feraligatr) lvl 90
    Waterfall
    Crunch
    Surf
    Hydro Pump

Streak(Absol) lvl 72
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower

Ty(Pupitar) lvl 42
    Bite
    Rockslide
    Dark Pulse
    Crunch

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Caught Red Garydos in Lake of Rage.

Defeated Leader Pryce in Mahogany Town.

My Skiploom and Pidgeotto evolved back to back into Jumpluff and Pidgeot.

My Cyndaquil evolved into Typhlosion.

Now I'm in Olivine City trying to figure out the Lighthouse...

Back