• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I'm currently on Sprout Tower training all my Pokémon to level 15, can't wait to get my first badge.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I beat the Elite four on Sunday, which I think I said in here. Well I thought that when people we talking about Kanto being really short, they were exaggerating a bit, but dang! I haven't even been playing that much, but I already got 7 badges and am ready to face Blue. Oh well, I still like how long the game is lasting me, and at least there is a lot of things left to do. I haven't even tried the Pokethalon once!

MiloticLover

~<3 Milotic Gen V!
    Years
    Yay! I just want to tell everybody that I finally caught Articuno! Although it took me 6 Ultra Balls and 6 Timer Balls...
    I named it IcyWind and tossed it in my PC. I don't use any legendaries... ^^

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Managed to beat claire with my team being at level 35, and after 2 soft resets, managed to get an adamant extremespeed dratini!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Panfisha just reminded me that I have to pick up my Dratini. -.-

ON topic now, I just took on Misty-moo and beat her completely to a pulp with Ampharos and Ursaring, meaning I got my first Kanto badge! I also sorted out the Power Plant and got the Magnet Pass, and am currently laughing my way around Goldenrod before I go back and try to take on... Sabrina? o.o'

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Yay I just got my Charmander and Treecko. Ninetales in my team will be replaced by Charmander. Treecko will sit by Ninetales in the box. xD

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Just restarted the game and picked Chikorita.
    Did all the stuff for Prof. Elm and Mr. Pokemon.
    Made it to Violet City.
    Evolved Chikorita.
    Caught a Mareep and a Rattata.
    About to train those 2 pokemon up to level 15 each.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I finally caught too surfing pikachus :D . other : I am doing my usual sparrings with the elite 4.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Seeing as I'm self-concious about my levels and such, I decided to battle myy way up Silence Bridge, which I did, including the Suicune sighting, so I daren't head up to Cerulean Cape yet until I get False Swipe and an incapacitating move, like Sleep Powder. When I got to the end, I went to Fuchsia and took on Janine as she's the most underlevelled Gym Leader in Kanto. I started with Starrie, my Ampharos, who zapped down her Crobat, and then Vulpix with Extrasensory over and over again until she was defeated. ~♪

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just had the oddest experience in Soul Silver, after beating red for the second time.
    I went into Prof. Elm's lab, and the lab assistant in there said the guy who stole the pokemon, came back! And that Prof. Elm saw how happy it was with my rival, he let him keep it!

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Should've posted here when i started.

Just in the Rocket HQ in Ecruteak.

Also, lol... I just added Irwin to my PokeGear.
    And, like... I ring him.
    And one of the questions he has is... "How's your mom?"
    And I lol'd... Hard.

Team:
    Arcanine - Level 59
    Noctowl - Level 56

I left the rest in the PC.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    So yeah I finally beat the Elite Four. Took a while as I was busy at work and haven't played much.

It was not too difficult despite being underlevelled. Lance naturally provided the most problems for me. I was down to just a Feraligatr with 71 HP left against his Dragonite and Charizard. I was fortunate that Shuckie had put up some Stealth Rock. Dragonite missed with Dragon Rush and Ice Fang finished it off. His Charizard came in with half HP after Stealth Rock. It used Aerial Ace, but Feraligatr hung on with 5HP, and killed it off with Waterfall. My squad was as follows. I won't post natures as I don't SR for them, I accept whatever I get:

Feraligatr ♂ Lv.45
    Mystic Water
    Waterfall
    Agility
    Crunch
    Ice Fang

Ampharos Lv.41 ♂
    Magnet
    Thunderpunch
    Thunder Wave
    Discharge
    Flash

Heracross Lv.41 ♂
    Flame Orb
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat
    Facade

Crobat Lb.40 ♂
    Poison Barb
    Sludge Bomb
    Roost
    U-Turn
    Taunt

Shuckie Lv.39 ♂
    Quick Claw
    Toxic
    Stealth Rock
    Gastro Acid
    Rest

Arcanine Lv.41 ♂
    Shell Bell
    Flamethrower
    Thunder Fang
    ExtremeSpeed
    Roar

Very lucky to get through with a squad like that.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    RAAAGE!

Just finished Lake of Rage and collected one shiny Gyarados... who howls when you walk with him around the Lake!

I'm one of those explorer types, so I spent a bit of time wandering around through the Lake's maze (both in rainy and in sunny conditions) and did some dowsing - good times!

... Except when my Gyarados kept howling.

Poor guy; I guess he still feels poorly about being evolved too early. On a positive note, he's getting along with me just fine and he likes flying along the path along the cliffs to the Safari zone.

After the Lake was taken care of, I ran into Lance and we went to take care of Team Rocket's hideout. All of my pokemon hated the place and so I rushed that area as fast as I could.

Team Rocket was a breeze and a half and the Gym in Mahogany was something of a challenge, but I have to give most of the credit to my pokemon; they're an awesome bunch - even the ones in my box - and we've come a long long way together in our adventuring in getting to know one another, working together, and from that, bonding.

Speaking of which...

I can't believe that only a few weeks ago, I was just a total greenhorn pokemon trainer who had never once worked with a pokemon much less captured one and trained one. I visited Professor Elm with an open mind and a readiness to embark on an adventure and BOY what an adventure it has been so far!

I consider myself so lucky to have the group of pokemon that I have and I don't think I'm bragging when I say that I think they love me as much as I love them.

To give a rundown on my current team (all at level 29 to 31) post-Lake:

The oldest one in my group and one of my main players is my starter darling - my Chikorita who is now a Bayleef who is waiting to learn Safeguard and Aromatherapy (maybe even Body Slam; we're still discussing it) before evolving into Meganium. He's had an exceptionally fun time playing and fighting under the rainy conditions and when battling Gyarados and he really shone in our last Gym battle together at Mahogany Town despite his disadvantage against Ice. He kind of had a tougher time during our earlier adventures, but it's made both of us tougher, smarter, and closer and despite his challenges, he's grown just as fast as everyone else if not faster and he's battled successfully against pokemon he's been at a disadvantage to.

Speaking of growing...

My Mareep who evolved into a Flaaffy very recently evolved into an Ampharos after a nice battle against Team Rocket - congratulations! He's one of the first original team members of my group and despite being more reserved than most, I can always count on him to give nothing but his absolute best and give everyone an electrifying experience and this last round of battles has been no exception to the rule. He couldn't do too much damage against Pryce's Piloswine at Mahogany Town's Gym, sure, but he sure could stand his ground.

And,

My Gengar girl, who recently evolved from a Haunter after taking a vacation with a fellow comrade and trainer, also was able to stand her ground like a champ and land a few solid hits and status ailments while dodging attacks from the opposing pokemon. Despite both of our concerns over her performance due to a bit of break in our bonding (she had been on vacation with my friend for a bit and so our bonding wasn't so strong when she came back), she was able to show off just what she could do and prove that a short time apart is no match for a longterm bonding. She was an excellent team player - just like she had been before her vacation - and stronger than ever.

Another member of my team who I am proud of and who also recently evolved is my Machomp who entered my group a little later than the rest as a traded pokemon (from Goldenrod!) and worked herself - yes, a her! - diligently and managed to evolve into a Machoke before we entered the Lake. She's a bit of a loner, but she has bonded well with me and the rest of her teammates and it showed in our last gym battle together where she really got a chance to show off what she's learned in our journeys. I think this last battle really helped to establish her place in my group. Even though she's a loner, I think she still appreciates friendship and I and my pokemon party are more than happy to offer it.

Especially my Furret.

Yes, Furret.

My Furret is my second oldest pokemon in my group and also perhaps one of my most cuddliest. Hardly any time passes where she's not walking closer and closer with me or cuddling up to me or looking at me with adoration or finding things for me. Even though there's no real way to tell, I sometimes wonder if maybe I bonded faster with my Furret when she was a Sentret than I did with my Bayleef when he was a Chikorita. Even without much time spent together in our early times together, she seemed willing to give me a chance and trust in me and baby, what a long way we've come together since. She - like my Bayleef - is almost always a member of my group and even if she can't lead it, I can always count on her to strike fast, strike hard, keep out of the worst trouble, and provide support, courage, and even love to both me and her teammates - old and new.

Speaking of which, the latest newcomer to my group whom she welcomed in (besides the shiny Gyarados from the Lake) and who also participated in the Mahogany Town's Gym battle is my Steelix. I ran into him purely by chance and caught him at the Cliffs before traveling to the Lake. A bit naughty, our friendship and trust took a little while to build, but by the time we got to the Lake, our friendship had forged enough for him to trust in me enough to go into battle with confidence. Even though he was at a partial disadvantage, he tried his best and he shone through and really put in the effort and worked alongside his teammates as if he had been a part of the group from the very start. He was very proud of himself at the end of the battle and I was very proud of him. After that battle, I know our friendship has been sealed and cemented.

So...

That's it for now.

With the Mahogany Gym battle taken care, we now have Team Rocket to deal with again so I have to run.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I don't think I could write something like those above, but I am currently going to the lake of rage, game time ~ 20 hours, and my mother just called me for the first time all game.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Haha, KO'd Chuck and Jasmine!

Chuck: Easier than Morty.
    Jasmine: HARD. Beat her Steelix with a Burn from Flame Wheel with only my Skiploom left.

I then caught an Abra with my last fast ball, then a Raikou showed up, and I had nothing to catch it with. I'm so sad. =(

Got a Marill, Gengar, and Scyther for some of the CyndaquilsI breeded on the GTS.

Beat all the trainers in Pryce's gym, getting ready to take on Pryce by training my Flaaffy and Croconaw.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    So, I was ramming my face into trees last night and I came across an Aipom. I never trained one before so I decided to catch it and make it my team's fifth member. I was shocked at what a great fighter Aipom is, I really didn't expect it. He easily KO's Pokemon 5-8 levels higher than him.
    I also declared him my official team mascot. :]

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    So, I was ramming my face into trees last night and I came across an Aipom. I never trained one before so I decided to catch it and make it my team's fifth member. I was shocked at what a great fighter Aipom is, I really didn't expect it. He easily KO's Pokemon 5-8 levels higher than him.
    I also declared him my official team mascot. :]
    Just wait until it evolves into Ambipom then.

Back