• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    I'm EV training today. I spam battled Gentleman Alfred at the Lighthouse with an Amulet Coin Mewtwo and earned HEAPS of money... $$$$$$$$$$!!! I finished purchasing all of the needed vitamins, they really help in EV training. I traded a Drowzee for a Machop holding a Macho Brace with some dude at the Goldenrod Department store, now I'm all set to EV train! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I Won a couple of Pokeathlons(against gym leaders ^^) and met Pyro at his desolated former home(cinnabar Island) where he got me his number. Surfed on to seafoam island m, and caught an Articuno :D. (with my last of 20 hyperballs and on 1 pixel down)

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm getting ready to defeat Chuck and get the meds for Amphy! Oh, joy! Just a little bit of training left to do... Then I get to teach my Crobat how to Fly! XD

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Got a shiny leaf crown for my Ampharos :D it didn't take as long as I thought it would, either. The only snag I hit was when I realized I spent a good 10 minutes on the wrong route. >_>
    I need to go back to Mt. Mortar at some point and catch a Marrill or seven, as it is tradition with all of my Pokémon games to get a Marrill army.

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    I just finished Victory Road , it was pretty disappointing , Hoenn victory road was more challenging

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I've finally obtained Pokémon: Heart Gold for my birthday today!

To get things rolling, I named myself Gold, and then chose Cyndaquil as my starter Pokémon. I successfully stomped the Passerby Boy and his Lv.5 Totodile, and according to his Trainer Card, his name's Silver.

To be Continued.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    aha very productive day today and another new adventure for me and my pokemon

so we woke up very early in the S.S ship while we were on our way to the kanto region and we started looking for the girl that was lost. today leafeon wanted help so she followed me! we searched all the cabins until glailie found the stairs which led to the basement. So we went down and were trying to pass a sailor but he was blocking the way so we had to find a sailor that was dozing off in his cabin. we thought for a while getting into some battles when jumpluff remembered that there was sailor asleep 2 cabins away from us! we quickly rushed up the stairs and went into his room, but he wouldn't go down to his job without fight. I decided to let jumpluff take this one, and, although jumpluff struggled she made it and we managed to pass through to the generater bit. we quickly went up the ladder and found ourselves in the captains cabin! There was a little girl, and that was the missing one! We rushed over to explain but we ended up playing hide and seek with her. Thankfully jumpluff found her easily! Then we got off the ship and found ourselves in a new region, with new adventures!

hope you enjoyed reading it I made it as interesting as possible :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    I just finished Victory Road , it was pretty disappointing , Hoenn victory road was more challenging

i wasnt disapointed to much cause i normaly get lost cause its a big maze anyway whats your team and lvs?

iv just passed victory road im training for the league
    my team is
    typhlosion lv44
    amaphros lv45
    gyrados lv42
    hitmontop lv41
    noctowl lv41
    miltank lv37

im training against gentle men alfred the guy in the lighthouse 2nd floor i reset the clock to earlyer and i have amulet coin and i get 624 exp and lots of money from him

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    So I finally cleared out Goldenrod of the bad guys, but not before driving myself a little crazy learning about IVs and EVs and getting myself into some mental tangles on account of it.

It makes sense and all, but wow. That just adds a new level to things if I were to particularly care about those stats.

In other news, I'm just about finished with my Unown Report - one Unown to go!

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    On a legendary hunt, so I just caught Raikou (first time ever in any Pokemon game), now on the hunt for Entei and having trouble trying to get him to stay in a ball. Will go after Latias (or Latios, whichever is on HeartGold), Lugia and Suicine later.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I restarted SS since I just need Chikorita from a Johto game, so that was my starting Pokemon. I'm not keeping him on my team, though. Instead I decided to play through with different Pokemon that I never used before.

I traded Chikorita over to my Pearl version for a Machop, caught a Geodude, and a Ladyba. The latter two were used more, since Machop couldn't handle the constant Bellsprout and Hoothoot in the local Violet area. Also, I didn't want to raise his level too high because of the lack of badges.

Lucky Star the Ladyba did well against the Bellsprout, tackling them to submission as they pitifully tried to Vine Whip her down. And while Rockster (it was either that or Heavy G) the Geodude knew Rock Throw, Falkner's pathetic spamming of Sand-Attack made the already low-accuracy move pointless. So he just tackled the Flying-types down.

Right now the two, with their little buddy Machop, are staring at an egg that contains a moving Togepi. Tetsuo (which would be the trainer, and I'm really attached to that name) didn't get far tonight.

Hoping that tomorrow Tetsuo gets to at least Azalea Town, though he may decide to level grind Rockster a bit before facing Bugsy.

And also going to be using the PokeWalker once I go back to work to help raise levels. (Re-downloaded the Yellow Forest route just now.)

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Lugia and Entei have been caught after some trouble with the latter, now it's just one more roaming legendary to get (I'll probably use the Master Ball on it). Then it's Kyogre at some point.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    While training in the cliff cave place, I found a wild steelix! I managed to get it with an ultra ball. It also has an adamant nature which could be helpful for when I teach him iron tail.

EDIT: Caught a girafarig, and decided to use that instead.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I started out with buying SoulSilver, but after realizing that I ultimately like HeartGold more I went out and bought it today. I'm happy to have both of them though. So no complaints there.

My idea for HeartGold is that I'll start out with Cyndaquil so I can get by sprout tower quickly and hopefully level it up into a Quilava to face Falkner. Once I get my first gym badge I'm going to ditch my starter and then trade over the team I've been saving on SoulSilver.

So my team should start out as Tyrouge, Clefairy, Onix, Sunkern, Abra, and Smoochum. I'm kind of feeling iffy on Sunkern and Clefairy at this point. If I take out Sunkern then I'm most likely going to replace it with Oddish and eventually evolve that into Bellossom. As for Clefairy I have no idea.

This time around I'm going for Pokemon I haven't used or haven't used often. I've never used Tyrouge or any of its evolutions so I'm kind of excited to try him out. I'm aiming to evolve him into either a Hitmonchan or a Hitmonlee. Clefairy is sort of the only Pokemon that's an exception. I love its evolved form Clefable so much that I tend to use it often, but I can slide the rules this one time. I've used Onix and Steelix before, but they were separate. Meaning I used Onix in one game and never evolved it and that I've used Steelix in Platinum, but I caught it already evolved. Sunkern or Bellossom (Which ever one I get) are two Pokemon that I've gotten before, but never used throughout the whole story line. At the end I'm left with Abra and Smoochum. I've used Jynx a million times before, but never Smoochum and I've also never fully evolved an Abra. So overall this all going to be (for the most part) new to me and I hope I enjoy all my new choices.

I'm done rambling now. xD

Years
    In HeartGold:

I just defeated Erika today and about to challenge Janine. I also caught Snorlax that was blocking the entrance to Diglett Cave.

Last edited:

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    This one's going to be quick 'cause I have to run.

Finished the Ruins of Alph save for the ! and the ? because of a lack of Ho-Oh in my group (WHY did it have to be Ho-Oh and not Lugia?) and had a wild time in the Safari Zone where I managed to spend a little and catch a lot. I guess my luck's with me since I've had some really awesome experiences in catching some wild Safari Pokemon. Additionally, I caught a whopping Pinsir with the ability called Mold Breaker at the Bug Catching Contest - holy smokes!

Currently, I think I'm going to take a break before going down the Ice Path to do some breeding and think seriously about team building.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Managed to evolve most of my team completely! =D

+Evolved Flaaffy
    +Beat Pryce
    +Evolved Croconaw
    +Beat Radio Tower up to Petrel
    +Beat Underground people
    +Beat Proton
    +Evolved Golbat
    +Evolved Bayleef
    +Beat Ariana
    +Beat Archer and finished off Team Rocket!
    +Went through the Ice Cave
    +DESTROYED CLAIR, losing only 1 Pokemon
    +Beat the Kimono Girls, using all 4 of my revives
    +Went to Whirl Islands and....CAUGHT LUGIA!!!

WOOT!! YEAH!!! LUGIA!!!

Team is in sig.

Last edited:

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    Surprisingly, I still haven't even reached the Elite Four in my SoulSilver file yet. I haven't done much lately; most of the time I've been spending lately in SoulSilver has been retooling my team a little.

For example, I dropped Luke the Pineco for a random Slugma (Nicanor) that I caught in my Diamond version especially for this purpose. I also boxed Cain the Tauros. However, I randomly decided to add a female Umbreon, Camilla, who I just evolved this evening. She and Nicanor are pretty underleveled for Jasmine, so I'll attempt to train them while I look for a Yanma.

Current Team:
    Camilla (Umbreon) -Lv. 22
    Marie (Jynx) - Lv. 32
    Kirstie (Corsola) - Lv. 32
    Nicanor (Slugma) - Lv.25

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Nothing much to really update on except this:

Everyone on my team has at least one Shiny Leaf now! :)

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
    finally i bet the elite four...again...
    i was so unlucky on those critical hits. (thank god i saved)
    ampharos just can't set up on salamence with the x items.
    still feraligartr finished him off.
    during the fight, salamence crit on feraligatr w/ shadow claw. i had 101-105hp and i was left w/ 1hp:)

Back