• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    @Amachi
    I didn't have any Dusk balls with me. I don't remember where to buy them except for the E4 Hall xD

Anyway.. My team has just defeated Lance and the E4. It was not difficutl, but I had to use some medicine though. My pokemon weren't that well trained as I thought.. -_- Sneasel, Croconaw and Espeon were even knocked out. They are a bit underleveled (Lv 41-46). But we still won, that's what counts.

I thank Croconaw and Sneasel for their ice moves, Ampharos and Espeon for their supportive moves like Thunder Wave and Light Screen, Houndoom and Crobat for standing guard when I was healing others.

I am now the new Champion <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Amachi
    I didn't have any Dusk balls with me. I don't remember where to buy them except for the E4 Hall xD

Anyway.. My team has just defeated Lance and the E4. It was not difficutl, but I had to use some medicine though. My pokemon weren't that well trained as I thought.. -_- Sneasel, Croconaw and Espeon were even knocked out. They are a bit underleveled (Lv 41-46). But we still won, that's what counts.

I thank Croconaw and Sneasel for their ice moves, Ampharos and Espeon for their supportive moves like Thunder Wave and Light Screen, Houndoom and Crobat for standing guard when I was healing others.

I am now the new Champion <3
    NO I'M THE NEW CHAMPION

You can get them outside the Safari zone (and Battle Frontier). I stocked up because they're that great.

Anyway, might as well make a slight update. While I haven't left Johto yet, I've increased my number of obtained Pokemon in the dex to 113 after spending some time fishing and headbutting trees :)

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Started a new game on Soul Silver, on my acekard this time, I'm also aiming on finishing the national dex so I will be posting my pokedex status in my posts, and now for my progress, defeated Falkner with my Quilava, I only have Quilava at the moment until I get to Goldenrod City where I will probably catch 2 pokemon for my team.

My Team;

Quilava Lv17
    Togepi egg (staying in party until it hatches)

Pokedex Data (Johto);

Seen: 14
    Obtained: 9

Last edited:

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    NO I'M THE NEW CHAMPION

You can get them outside the Safari zone (and Battle Frontier). I stocked up because they're that great.

Anyway, might as well make a slight update. While I haven't left Johto yet, I've increased my number of obtained Pokemon in the dex to 113 after spending some time fishing and headbutting trees
    :)

Forget it!! I'm challenging the E4 once again just now >D

So yeah. Like I said I'm challenging the E4 again because my pokemon are a bit underleveled for the Kanto gym leaders. Even though I already have 2 Kanto gym badges.. But hey, I still want my pokemon to be more challenging.

By the way I never thought that not fully evolved pokemon could be as strong as fully evolved ones. And I'm not planning to evolve Croconaw and Sneasel. They are powerful enough because they are EV trained anyway..

Years
    after being absent from the net for a whole week, ive ratcheted up quite a few things this week. I learned that you can have some national dex pokemon BEFORE getting the national dex, thanks to the winner's path event. i also learned that all the WiFi spots in my neighbourhood SUCK, as i tried, and failed to get the Jirachi event. oh well, i still have some other events i can trade with to get it. at least now i can listen to the soothing sounds of 8 bit nostalgia! Ahh....

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
    So after I finished my HG fighting mono type I started a SS file. I've been taking the game as slow as possible, as I want to savor every detail lol. I just beat my rival and Bugsy, moving on to GoldenRod with a party of
    SilverBack/Skarmory
    lvl 13
    Peck
    Leer
    Sand Attack
    Swift

PsyLord/Eevee @Soothe Bell
    lvl 13
    Tackle
    Helping Hand
    Sand Attack
    Tail Whip

NightLight/Chinchou
    lvl 9 (In training)
    Bubble
    SuperSonic
    Thunder Wave
    ???

Inferno/Quilava
    lvl 15
    Quick Attack
    Leer
    SmokeScreen
    Ember

Jirachi/Jirachi
    lvl 13
    Wish
    Confusion
    Swift
    Draco Meteor

Kangaskhan/Kangaskhan
    lvl 13
    Comet Punch
    Bite
    Fake Out
    Leer

Play Time: 9:18 (Hey, I said I was taking it slow xD)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Started a new game on Soul Silver, on my acekard this time, I'm also aiming on finishing the national dex so I will be posting my pokedex status in my posts, and now for my progress, defeated Falkner with my Quilava, I only have Quilava at the moment until I get to Goldenrod City where I will probably catch 2 pokemon for my team.

My Team;

Quilava Lv17
    Togepi egg (staying in party until it hatches)

Pokedex Data (Johto);

Seen: 14
    Obtained: 9

Progress Update:

Arrived in Goldenrod City, did the radio tower quiz and obtained the radio card, I defeated the trainers in the underground and played a quick game of Voltorb Flip at the game corner, I also obtained a Murkrow and a Heracross from the GTS, defeated Whitney easily with 2 OHKOs with Brick Break from Heracross, now on the way to Ecruteak City.

My Team:

Quilava Lv26
    Heracross Lv29
    Murkrow Lv25

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Beat E4 for about 100500 times and now I think we're ready for the rest of the Kanto gyms.
    When it comes to battling Red.. I guess we'll have to continue grinding, since my pokemon are only around Lv60.

Also I have to search for nice EV-training places in Johto/Kanto. Got sick of travelling to Sinnoh every time we need that special training.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Morty, obtained Lapras from Union Cave (I changed the clock so I could get it), I also managed to encounter Entei while training Lapras on Route 38 (traded 2 masterballs across from Platinum) so I used a master ball to capture it, I obtained a Pikachu and a Claydol from the GTS (Claydol is German too), and Pikachu knows Volt Tackle which was unexpected, the Claydol is a bit overlevelled but will soon match the rest of my team, I also ran into Raikou on the way back to New Bark Town which I caught with the second master ball, I showed the Togepi to Prof. Elm and received an Everstone, I'm now in the process of levelling up Togepi until it evolves into Togepi (Should be quick as I've done loads of stuff to make it happy), once Togepi evolves I'll carry on training Lapras and head over to the Lighthouse in Olivine.

My team;

Quilava Lv32
    Lapras Lv28
    Heracross Lv32
    Honchkrow Lv32 (traded a dusk stone from platinum)
    Pikachu Lv33
    Claydol Lv37 (has the name "Lepumentas")

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Pryce, my team is still slightly overleveled but should even out now that I have my full team matched up on levels, I'm going to do the whole Team Rocket radio tower thing and then make my way to Blackthorn City to battle Clair, but for now here's my team;

Typhlosion Lv37
    Lapras Lv36
    Pikachu Lv37 (probably evolving this at Lv40)
    Lepumentas (Claydol) Lv37
    Heracross Lv37
    Honchkrow Lv36

Pokedex
    Seen: 136
    Obtained: 53

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Croconaw just found the fifth and last Shiny leaf near Fushia City. Sometimes it became angry at me for bugging it too much >>.

We've been exploring every route in Kanto, not just plainfully challenging the gym leaders. Got 4 Kanto badges so far.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Clair, passed the Dragon's den test and obtained the master ball from Professor Elm, arrived in Ecruteak City to battle the Kimono Girls so I stopped off at the pokemon centre to heal my pokemon, while there I found out my pokemon have Pokerus, I wasn't expecting that, will come in handy If I decide to ev train though, after defeating the Kimono Girls I headed round Johto battling trainers who called asking for a rematch, I even got a Thunderstone off one of them, I'm now going to go check the lighthouse as I believe that's where the last trainer is, after that I'll be heading across to the pokemon League.

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv41
    Lapras Lv42
    Raichu Lv41
    Claydol Lv41
    Heracross Lv42
    Honchkrow Lv41

Pokdedex Data
    Seen: 158
    Obtained: 59

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated the Elite 4 on my first attempt, the difficulty of each member are as follows

Will 1/10 - Very easy, all but for his final Xatu where OHKOs, I used a different pokemon for this one

Koga 2/10 - Still fairly easy but his Muk using minimize caused me to miss once or twice, also his Crobat took two hits as it used Double team twice

Bruno 4/10 - Moderately easy, his Hitmonchan kept using Ice Punch on Claydol and then Thunder punch on Honchkrow, Machamp took two hits from Claydol's Psychic

Karen 5.5/10 - A little bit harder than Bruno, Umbreon took two hits of Close Combat, Vileplume was a OHKO, Houndoom actually knocked Lapras out but once revived it took a two hit KO from Surf, Murkrow was a very easy OHKO from Raichu's Thunderbolt, and finally Gengar took 2-3 hits from Honchkrow's Dark Pulse, although I made the mistake of knocking out Gengar on the same turn it used Destiny Bond.

Lance 7/10 - This was a fairly hard battle, not as hard as previous attempts, the 3 Dragonites where the hardest to knockout (the level 50 one was the hardest), Charizard and Aerodactyl were both 2HKOs.

My Team;

Typhlosion Lv45
    Lapras Lv46
    Raichu Lv47
    Claydol Lv45
    Heracross Lv44
    Honchkrow Lv43

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Just encountered and beat Silver at Mt.Moon..

I'm feeling sorry for the poor guy >> I can see that he's trying hard and his pokemon are powerful.. But mine just don't let them even land an attack.

Maybe I should lose to him and he'll go out with me? xD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    lol @ above post.

Just defeated Lance, admittedly with a little help from my Shiny Sneasel traded over from Diamond.....but the poor guy's been through Johto once before, but never got to meet the Champion, so it was only fair....

...Kingdra never actually defeated anything with its' STAB Twister. Adamant nature isn't kind to it.....neither is its' obviously poor speed IV. However, it did laugh in Ho-oh's face while 2HKOing it with Waterfall, so that was something! It also defeated the Kimono Girls single-handedly, apart from Umbreon, who nearly defeated Feraligatr, a trick Espeon managed..

Current team:

Feraligatr lv.47
    Kingdra lv.44
    Arcanine lv.43
    Slowking lv.41
    Hitmontop lv.25 (Daycare|Fighting Dojo Master's Tyrogue)
    Dratini lv.27 (Daycare|Extremespeed Dratini)

Also obtained Morty and Chuck's contact details, either doing a trade, or heading over to Kanto next.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
    I'm getting HG in a few days.. HeartGold has the same initials, HG!!
    The first while will look like this...

*Start game. Name will be Haru.
    *Choose Cyndaquil, waste a good 2 hours thinking of good name
    *grind to level 12 before doing the Mr. Pokemon thingie.
    *catch Pidgey, Rattata, Mareep. nicknames, Sky, Gerbil, and Sparks.
    *grind everyone to level 12 after doing the Mr. Pokemon thing
    *name rival Silver.
    *head to the first gym
    ***not neccesarily in that order, but before I leave Cherrygrove everyone WILL be level 12. Gonna take things niiiice and slow.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Got 6 Kanto badges so far. We're not in a hurry, so yeah.

Currently in Red's hometown, sigh.. When will I get to see him? Same goes for Blue, that guy is missing from where he must always be! The gym!! Oh well.
    Probably on a date. I mean, as sexy as he is.. it's no wonder 0_0.

My only option now is to travel to Cinnabar.. But I heard some girl talking on the phone, saying that Blaine, the gym leader is missing. What the hell is this, a new gym leader trend? I swear I'll find those guys >>.

My pokemon are becomming pretty impatient lately. We haven't had a good battle since.. I dunno? Ah yeah, since me and Silver battled Lance and Clair at the Den.. Man, we actually lost. Succeeded at our second attempt though.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    2Hatsuharu.

Well my favorite starter is Totodile. It becomes pretty useful later on, especially against Clair and Lance once it learns Ice Fang ^^

And if you want a fire pokemon on your team you can always catch Vulpix/Growlithe or get yourself some other fire type from a trade.

Just choose your favorite starter and nevermind others!

Back