• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ^ Neat o:

I just beat Whitney. She cried like a b....

Anyways, I caught Sudowoodo and got Eevee. Evolved the Eevee into Flareon and taught it Flamethrower. :P

My team is:

Bayleef Level 26
    Notched Eared Pichu Level 30
    Flareon Level 5

XD;

I don't pick Pokemon by strength. I pick by koolness. :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    My bro gave me his HG and he told me i can have it if i dont delete his file so I get this game that just beat chuck with a lvl 37 Feralgatr and well not much to do I caught myself a kangaskhan (pokewalker) Xatu and Electrode (Manhogany) and well Im fight pryce at the moment.Im aware that I have to do some serious grinding now causewell the new parts of my team are lower lvled and i think im not even gonna bother

Pokeball-Electrode Lvl 25
    Rollout
    Spark
    Screech
    Light Screen

Psyco-Xatu Lvl 27
    Fly
    Shadow Ball
    Confuse Ray
    Me First

Ke$ha-Kangaskhan Lvl22
    Comet Punch
    Bite
    Fake Out
    Drain Punch

Katashi-Feralagtr Lvl 39
    Headbutt (He deleted Ice fang for this >.>)
    Crunch
    Surf
    Slash

Anyone knows where a heart scale is?

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • So I'm working on grinding before I go to Pryce's gym. I also found a lot of Shiny Leaves for my team, but Route 35...my Pokemon HATE it there! So it's hard to find a Shiny Leaf there for Rena and Zutori if they're griping about claustrophobia and roaring. How do Bellossoms roar, anyways? And I thought Xatus squawked. O__o Anyways..

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Currently obliterating Lt. Surge's team with Typhlosion's earthquake ^^ Kanto's great :)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Finally managed to train my heracross to lvl 53, then used 2 rare candies to bump him to lvl 55 and teach him Megahorn!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Well apparently the maximum level on Voltorb Flip is Lv. 7!

Just got 1458 points (3*3*3*3*3*3*2) in my last game. ¦D So I imagine the highest possible in a single game is 2187.

I must say, it kinda gets easier at the higher levels when you have rows of just 5 voltorbs! xD

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • Got through Victory Road easily.

Breezed right through Rival Gary's Pokemon.

Just made it all the way to Bruno and was defeated by his last Pokemon, Hitmonlee. I refused to use revives or potions during battle.

I'm mainly rushing through the first three Elites, or four if I make it that far, just to level up.

Team:

Typhlosion; Lenny. Relaxed. Male. Lvl 43
    Swinub; Piggy. Impish. Male. Lvl 31
    Pupitar; Harrison. Gentle. Male. Lvl 35
    Ampharos; Astrid. Bashful. Female. Lvl 43
    Kingler; Pam. Naughty. Female. Lvl 31

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    I'm at the Elite Four right now. So far:

Beat Will pretty easily. Yay for Discharge and X-Scissor.
    Koga was also easy. Shula the Typhlosion nearly swept his team.
    Bruno was harder than expected. Had to use a rare candy on my Pidgeotto to evolve it, and even after that it took about five tries to beat him. Killed most of my team the last try.
    Karen was a mix between Bruno and Will. She got lots of hacks, but otherwise was easy.

...And I'm just going to intentionally black out on Lance. I need an Ice Beam TM

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • um....i think i have some choice here....

should i take togetic as my main team and drop espeon ? (since i'll need fly)

.....or maybe i'll drop typhlosion for a ho-oh so i can teach him fly....

which one better, you think ?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Entry #2

* Ran back to New Bark Town and circled the place until the Egg hatched
    * Got an Everstone!!!! My breeding can now begin!
    * Went back to Violet City
    * Headed south to Azalea, avoiding as many trainers as possible
    * Took down TR at the Slowpoke Well --YAWN-- (I admit the cut screen for TR battles is pretty cool)
    * Entered Azalea Gym, avoided as many trainers as possible and defeated Bugsy
    * Thor (Mareep) evolved to Flaaffy
    * Transferred 3000 Watts from my Pokewalker along with my Bellsprout
    * Sent Pidgey on a stroll to Dim Cave, caught Gastly and Smoochum, found 3 Sitrus Berries, transferred back to SS
    * Sent Gastly on a stroll to to Town Outskirts and working towards 3750 steps
    * Continued my quest on through the Ilex Forest and to Goldenrod, but didn't pay attention and battery died. #$@%!!!

Current Team
    Lv 16 Doduo (Lonely female Doduo)
    Lv 15 Thor (Sassy female Flaaffy)
    Lv 14 Thumper (Calm female Wooper)
    Lv 12 Geodude - HM SLAVE
    Lv9 Bellsprout - HM SLAVE

Totally forgot that Abra are on Route 32 so I won't need to get on on the Pokewalker. I caught a Timid Abra and am inclined to keep it, although I would rather breed for Modest. I can't remember if I saved after that or not. Guess we will see when my DS finishes charging.

BTW - Forgot what a pain trying to catch Ditto was in GSC!!! Too use to the Desert Underpass in Emerald.
    SS Entry #3

* Found I did save AFTER catching Timid Abra **PHEW!!**
    * Went through Ilex Forest, and then Route 34, avoiding Trainers
    * Caught 10 Ditto and gave them names of their Nature (i.e. Lonely Ditto is named LONELY) for easy breeding purposes
    * Bred for new Lonely Wooper and Lonely Doduo
    * Went back to Route 32 and EV trained for Atk, SAtk, and Spd
    * Sent Abra and Wooper out on strolls to level up, Abra evolved into Kadabra
    * Went back to Goldenrod and named new Woooper - Thumper, new Doduo - Trio, and Kadabra - Psycho
    * Traded Drowzee for female Machop named Muscle
    * Traveled back to Route 32 and EV trained for Atk and then Underground Path for Spd
    * Raised Muscle to Lv16
    * Went to Radio Tower, took quiz, got card, and sent Whitney to her gym
    * Entered Goldenrod Gym, battled trainers with Thumper then Trio then Thumper then Psycho and got to Whitney
    * Battled Whitney with Muscle and won easily, thinking I was underleveled enough to make it a challenge

Current Team
    Lv 17 Thumper (Lonely female Wooper)
    Lv 18 Trio (Lonely female Doduo)
    Lv 16 Psycho (Timid male Kadabra)
    Lv 18 Muscle (Lonely female Machop)
    Lv 14 Geodude (HM SLAVE)
    Lv 9 Bellsprout (HM SLAVE)

Just waiting to pick up my Eevee soon so I can breed it to have Wish and then evolve it in Umbreon. As I don't use items during battle, this will be a great addition to my team, replacing Muscle.

um....i think i have some choice here....

should i take togetic as my main team and drop espeon ? (since i'll need fly)

.....or maybe i'll drop typhlosion for a ho-oh so i can teach him fly....

which one better, you think ?
    PLEASE do not teach Fly to Ho-oh. All his friends will laugh at him and call him a loser. HM moves (not named Surf) should ONLY be placed on crappy Pokemon that you would not use otherwise. They are HM slaves and use for that very reason, allowing the Pokemon you actually use in battle not to be hampered by inferior attacks (i.e. Fly).

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Got my DSi :D, just started playing Soul Silver again, i'd arrived in Ecruteak City last night and did the burned tower thing, This morning when I played I completely forgot about the gym battle and headed for Olivine and climbed the tower, back in Ecruteak now and have entered the gym to challenge the trainers.

I'll post my team when I beat Morty

Edit:

Just beaten Morty, Gastly was OHKO'd by Croconaw's Bite, Gengar was 2HKO'd by Houndoom's Bite, the 2 Haunter were 1KHO'd by Houndoom's bite, pretty easy battle I thought, going to head back to Olivine and across to Cianwood, i'm going to catch a Magnemite as soon as I can access the Safari Zone

My Team:

Croconaw Lv28
    Houndoom Lv27
    Haunter Lv27

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Ok. Please be warned, there may be some spoilers, but here is my complete Elite Four coverage:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I went around harvesting Apricorns today, it's like a daily task for me now. In the meantime, I'm still working on training the team.

So here are their movesets:
    Kureno
    Flail (To be replaced with Whirlpool and then move-tutored back once I make it to the Indigo Plateau)
    Crunch
    Surf
    Dragon Claw

Hiyoko
    Extrasensory
    Air Slash
    Shock Wave
    Extremespeed

Kireme
    Headbutt
    Dig
    Rock Smash
    Earthquake

Rena
    Cut
    Giga Drain
    Leaf Storm
    Leaf Blade

Inferno
    Bite
    Strength
    Fire Fang/ Lava Plume
    Flamethrower

Zutori
    Confuse Ray
    Silver Wind
    Fly
    Psychic

So yep, I'm trying to make do with these. Like I said, I'll be getting rid of Whirlpool after I make it to the Indigo Plateau and I'll be using an HM slave for it later. :"P

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • I just had the weirdest incident with my pokewalker. I had just brought my Larvitar back from it, and when I went to re-connect to send him back, my pokewalker says "machop joined you!" As in, it liked me and joined me IN the pokewalker, like how ash catches a lot of his.

This happened to me, but it was a Sentret that decided to join me.

Anyways, last night I barely beat Blue. I had my Gyarados lvl 52 VS his lvl 60 Pidgeot. I had 23 HP left, and I froze his Pidgeot just in time for me to win! I was all out of potions and revives, so i got pretty lucky.
    After healing my team, Prof. Oak called and told me he had a gift. It was HM 08, he also told me Mt. Silver has been specially opened for me. I heard rumors that a powerful trainer and plenty of strong pokemon could be found there, so I decided to fly on over. Halfway up the mountain, I came across a fiery bird pokemon. Needless to say, I camped out in the cave, and plan on taking it on soon.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just won the bug catching contest with a scyther, and my 1st place prize was a dawn stone!

Years
  • In SoulSilver:

While exploring Johto, I stopped by the Dragon's Den and my rival happened to be there. All of a sudden Clair and Lance showed up! What an incredibly tough battle that was!

In the grass north of Goldenrod City, I ran into Entei! In Kanto, Latios is flying around, and it is way too fast!

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • Right now I'm battling along Route 14! I want to clear this Route of trainers, and then capture the Snorlax. After that I'm headed to Pewter City to get badge number 14 from Brock.
    Current Team:
    Liquid-Feraligatr-LV 51
    Dante-Flareon-LV 49
    Gaga-Ampharos-LV 48
    Synyster-Nidoking-LV 48
    Havok-Gengar-LV 48
    Sweeney-Scizor-LV 48

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm in Celadon's Gym to defeat her and get my 3rd Kanto badge. I'm going to defeat her partial poison Pokemon with Togekiss' Psychic and the rest with Typhlosion's fire moves. Interesting that I've seen Crasher Wake and Maylene in Celedon! Plus some neat Sinnoh Pokemon.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Arrived in Olivine City ready to Surf across to Cianwood, I then realized I hadn't picked up the strength HM so I trailed back to Route 42 to pick it up, while I was there I caught a Machop so that it could learn Strength, I headed back to Olivine, on the way I ran into a Magnemite so I caught it and i'm going to start training it up on the sea route to Cianwood, I also ran into Raikou on the route in between Goldenrod and Ecruteak, I only had one Fast ball but it fled after Haunter fainted (Used Mean Look), i'm going to try and find them again when my team is at level 40

Back