• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Changed my team once again. Got rid of everyone aside from Magmar and Larvitar. Team looks like this now:

Scyther lv 35
    Magmar lv 34
    Larvitar lv 34
    Lapras lv 33
    Skarmory lv 34

Well, I managed to beat Clair with some serious luck. :D Had nothing to get rid of that annoying Gyarados, and only managed to beat her Kingdra thanks to my Lapras' Perish song. :laugh:

God, just beat the Elite Four pretty badly under-leveled. Scyther pretty much carried for the first four battles. Lance as expected was the hardest. I had nothing for his Gyarados as my party is made up of mostly physical attackers. Only defeated it because of my Hitmontop's Counter, lol. The rest wasn't too hard as Lapras took care of his Dragon's and Charizard. My team was:

Scyther lv 44
    Lapras lv 42
    Pupitar lv 42
    Hitmontop lv 42
    Magmar lv 42
    Skarmory lv 42

Off to Kanto!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Haven't had much time to play because of work, so I've played in small little chunks of time. Which means that I really don't know what was the last thing I posted about.

Reached Goldenrod, where my team were knocking down wild Pokemon and trainers on the routes. Decided that they could handle Whitney, and my amazing Raticate defeated her Milktank with only a slight hiccup (needed one Super Potion).

Went north to the National Park, caught a female Scyther, placed her in my PokeWalker to raise her up to meet the levels of the rest of my team. Used her to defeat Morty's trainers, and my Raticate to defeat his Gengar.

Now I'm east of Ecruteak, trying to decide a good strategy to defeat Jasmine and her Steel-types without resorting to the classic Fire Pokemon.

Team:

Flaaffy: level 24
    Croconaw: level 25
    Scyther: level 24
    Raticate: level 26

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    So I finally not only got my other Eevee to hatch but managed to get them both evolved into Espeon and Umbreon respectively. After that there was some level grinding to get everyone to level 26 and some frustration when I realized they would have to sit the gym battle out because they didn't know any affective attacks.

Managed to beat Morty though he gave me a bit of a hard time with his Gengar and one of his Haunters. Had to reset, backtrack to the Pokemart and grab some awakenings which I had to use until Morty finally gave up on trying to use Dream Eater with his Haunter. His Shadow Ball from his Gengar managed to knock out Starie and Cinders. But in the end using Damien I managed to beat him.

Didn't waste much time heading west to Olivine. Beat the trainers there with ease managing to get everyone to level 27 and begin the process of getting everyone to level 28. Swept through the Lighthouse with ridiculous ease.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Lost to Whitney last night, stupid Miltank and her rollout and attract lol, training my team to Lv25 so that my Houndour and Gastly can evolve into Houndoom and Gastly.

My Team:

Croconaw Lv22
    Houndour Lv22
    Gastly Lv22

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    So the majority of my team has reached level 34. Rena and Kireme are the only ones to reach 35, the others are still 34 or below. (Truthfully, Zutori's still level 31), so I've been grinding in the surrounding sea outside of Cianwood. I'm surprised that Kireme and Inferno could survive Water attacks, being a Sandslash and Flareon. |D

But yes, I've just been training before I go see what the Cianwood Gym holds. I heard something about a waterfall and turning it off, so that means another puzzle of sorts! Sounds fun!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Now that I have my team and their attacks figured out, I'm training near the exit of the trainer-less Victory Road. I'm evolving Gloom to Bellossom after she learns Giga Drain at Level 47. So I'm getting her to level 47, evolving her, then training the rest of my team. In a little while I'll fly over to Blackthorn to delete some moves then learn some moves with the traded over heart scales ^^;

Team:

- Fire Blast (Eruption)
    - Swift (Earthquake)
    - Shadow Claw
    - Flamethrower

- Signal Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder

- Water Pulse
    - Surf
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Beam

- Grass Knot
    - Mega Drain (Giga Drain)
    - SolarBeam (Leaf Blade)
    - Sludge Bomb

- Fly
    - Ancient Power (Air Slash)
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Haven't done alot today, mostly been training my pokemon for the battle with Whitney and playing the voltorb flip game, I might do a bit of training later tonight, i'll be trading my Ds Lite for a Dsi at Gamestation tomorrow (If they offer me enough for it and if the dsi is cheap enough)

My Team:

Croconaw Lv24
    Houndour Lv23
    Gastly Lv23

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Continued

- Caught a Farfetch'd to use as a Cut/Fly HM Slave
    - Talked to Jasmine and flew back to Cianwood for the Secret Potion
    - Defeated Jasmine with a Level 35 Eevee (Attract + Dig & Return combo)
    - Surfed to Mahogany Town and defeated all trainers
    - Met with Eusine along the way, as well as Suicune
    - Captured the Red Gyarados as a collection at the Lake of Rage
    - Defeated all the Team Rocket members in Mahogany
    - Defeated Team Rocket at the Radio Tower
    - Caught a Natu and named her Modest offspring Khadra
    - Went through Ice Cave in less than 10min
    - Caught a Delibird for collection purposes
    - Arrived in Blackthorn City and took my picture with the wandering photographer
    - Caught a Teddiursa and attempted to breed for an Adamant, female offspring
    - Named the Relaxed offspring of Teddiursa Kalah, a short form of Burtoukala ("Orange")
    - Went to the Safari Zone and caught a Larvitar
    - Bred for an Adamant Larvitar; I named the female Brave Larvitar Warda ("Flower")
    - Currently leveling all Pokemon to Level 50 before defeating Claire

Team

Chikorita - Ahkdar {"Green"} [M] Level 41 (Timid)
    * Magical Leaf; Reflect; Synthesis; Body Slam
    Mareep - Asfar {"Yellow"} [M] Level 41 (Modest)
    * Discharge; Light Screen; Signal Beam; Power Gem
    Eevee - Asmarun {"Brown"} [M] Level 42 (Naive)
    * Dig; Return; Shadow Ball; Attract
    Vulpix - Ham'ra {"Red"} [F] Level 42 (Timid)
    * Flamethrower; SafeGuard; Confuse Ray; Payback
    Natu - Khadra {"Green"} [F] Level 35 (Modest)
    * Peck; Confuse Ray; Wish; Miracle Eye
    Pupitar - Warda {"Flower"} [F] Level 1 (Brave)
    * Bite; Leer

Last edited:

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Taichi had just been through a battle against all of the Kimino Girls. 5 of his 6 Pokemon had failed, With only a Vapareon left to defeat, Taichi sent out his best friend, his greatest pal, his closest ally through it all, Agu. Everyone watching in the the Kimino House were looking at Agu in spirit. Lyra, Professor Elm, Eusine, the little sister of the Kimono Girls and even Lucas himself. 4 of the 5 cheered Agu on with Taichi's rival Lucas soon heading out the door. "I knew he couldn't do it." the redheaded muttered to himself as he went looking for Lance.

Back at the battle, Vaporeon continued it's Rain Dance while attacking with a massive Hydro Pump to Agu. With his Pokemon on the ground, Taichi drop to his knees and clanked his fist into the floor. The Kimino Girl, Kuni, started to walk away shrugging. "I guess you don't have the bond with the Pokemon as well as we thought. Oh well". Everyone in the house looked crushed. "Taichi..."Lyra looked on at Agu on the floor, trying with all of it's strength to get up for Taichi. The latter was lifeless. It had seem as though 8 badges and everything he had been through wasn't enough...it just wasn't...

"No!"

That was Taichi's statement as he yelled to Kuni to stop. She then turned to see him on one knee and rising back up. "We haven't lost yet! Agu is still willing to fight! There's something about us that you don't know Kuni! We evolve past the person and Pokemon that we were minutes ago! We embark on the path were humans and Pokemon unite. Our destiny will intertwine and surpass everything to achieve this! AGU!!!!" The friend of Taichi looked to him and slowly got up. Agu nodded in agreement. The soul and passion of everyone was rising inside of him.

"AGU!" Lyra cheered.
    "AGU!" Eusine animated along with Lyra.
    "AGU!" Professor Elm supported.

"AGU!! EVERY OUNCE OF SPIRIT YOU HAVE LEFT INSIDE OF YOU!! USE IT WITH THUNDER!!" Taichi screamed in unison of his beloved Pokemon. Agu charged at Vaporeon and stopped near it and used Thunder within all of itself and Vaporeon. Vaporeon had fainted due to the extreme voltage of Taichi's pal. This was it! Taichi had won! Everyone applauded! Lyra came and hugged Taichi deeply. "That was amazing Tai!" She added. Taichi smiled and put Agu back in his Pokeball. The Kimino Girls gave Taichi a Tidal Bell. The little sister of the Kimino Girls came back inside and told everyone about seeing a creature head towards the Whirl Islands. Everyone knew who it was, Lugia.

Taichi got his Pokemon into the Pokemon Center with rush recovery. Soon after, Taichi took out Totius and let it use it's magic to transport himself and the Kimino Girls to the Whirl Islands. After getting deep inside. The Kimino Girls did a sacred dance that made Lugia come forth. Taichi then put the Silver Wing and the Tidal Bell down into place and went up to Lugia. He them huffed deeply and introduced himself proudly.

"My name is Taichi Masaki....AND I WILL BE THE ONE TO CATCH YOU!!".

Pokemon Party:
    AGU Lv36 (Male Ampharos)
    SHO Lv33 (Male Nidoking)
    APOLLO Lv37 (Male Typhlosion)
    TOTIUS Lv32 (Male Togekiss)
    KASSHOKU Lv22 (Male Sudowood)
    ZERA Lv30 (Female Scizor)

Pokemon in Storage: DRAGOON Lv30 (Red Male Gyrados), SAGITARIUS Lv20 (Male Tauros), SANTY Lv22 (Female Delibird) MOON Lv9 (Male Dratini), KURA Lv5 (Female Eevee)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I cant help but keep catching heracross in Azalea town. So far I've caught 9, and even bred 1 with brick break, bulk up, and rock slide.
    EDIT: And I just used about 40 watts trying to find elekid in the suburban area pokewalker course, and I caught one! I also caught 2 murkrow on the course. And now I unlocked the Dim cave course, so now I'll be after smoochum.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Taichi had just been through a battle against all of the Kimino Girls. 5 of his 6 Pokemon had failed, With only a Vapareon left to defeat, Taichi sent out his best friend, his greatest pal, his closest ally through it all, Agu. Everyone watching in the the Kimino House were looking at Agu in spirit. Lyra, Professor Elm, Eusine, the little sister of the Kimono Girls and even Lucas himself. 4 of the 5 cheered Agu on with Taichi's rival Lucas soon heading out the door. "I knew he couldn't do it." the redheaded muttered to himself as he went looking for Lance.

Back at the battle, Vaporeon continued it's Rain Dance while attacking with a massive Hydro Pump to Agu. With his Pokemon on the ground, Taichi drop to his knees and clanked his fist into the floor. The Kimino Girl, Kuni, started to walk away shrugging. "I guess you don't have the bond with the Pokemon as well as we thought. Oh well". Everyone in the house looked crushed. "Taichi..."Lyra looked on at Agu on the floor, trying with all of it's strength to get up for Taichi. The latter was lifeless. It had seem as though 8 badges and everything he had been through wasn't enough...it just wasn't...

"No!"

That was Taichi's statement as he yelled to Kuni to stop. She then turned to see him on one knee and rising back up. "We haven't lost yet! Agu is still willing to fight! There's something about us that you don't know Kuni! We evolve past the person and Pokemon that we were minutes ago! We embark on the path were humans and Pokemon unite. Our destiny will intertwine and surpass everything to achieve this! AGU!!!!" The friend of Taichi looked to him and slowly got up. Agu nodded in agreement. The soul and passion of everyone was rising inside of him.

"AGU!" Lyra cheered.
    "AGU!" Eusine animated along with Lyra.
    "AGU!" Professor Elm supported.

"AGU!! EVERY OUNCE OF SPIRIT YOU HAVE LEFT INSIDE OF YOU!! USE IT WITH THUNDER!!" Taichi screamed in unison of his beloved Pokemon. Agu charged at Vaporeon and stopped near it and used Thunder within all of itself and Vaporeon. Vaporeon had fainted due to the extreme voltage of Taichi's pal. This was it! Taichi had won! Everyone applauded! Lyra came and hugged Taichi deeply. "That was amazing Tai!" She added. Taichi smiled and put Agu back in his Pokeball. The Kimino Girls gave Taichi a Tidal Bell. The little sister of the Kimino Girls came back inside and told everyone about seeing a creature head towards the Whirl Islands. Everyone knew who it was, Lugia.

Taichi got his Pokemon into the Pokemon Center with rush recovery. Soon after, Taichi took out Totius and let it use it's magic to transport himself and the Kimino Girls to the Whirl Islands. After getting deep inside. The Kimino Girls did a sacred dance that made Lugia come forth. Taichi then put the Silver Wing and the Tidal Bell down into place and went up to Lugia. He them huffed deeply and introduced himself proudly.

"My name is Taichi Masaki....AND I WILL BE THE ONE TO CATCH YOU!!".

Pokemon Party:
    AGU Lv36 (Male Ampharos)
    SHO Lv33 (Male Nidoking)
    APOLLO Lv37 (Male Typhlosion)
    TOTIUS Lv32 (Male Togekiss)
    KASSHOKU Lv22 (Male Sudowood)
    ZERA Lv30 (Female Scizor)

Pokemon in Storage: DRAGOON Lv30 (Red Male Gyrados), SAGITARIUS Lv20 (Male Tauros), SANTY Lv22 (Female Delibird) MOON Lv9 (Male Dratini), KURA Lv5 (Female Eevee)
    I...I love you...

Mine..

Uh..

I just beat Falkner. It was fun? I transfered over a Red Shard, Hard Stone, Onyx, Ponyta, and Hoothoot from the PokeWalker. :]

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Battled Whitney a second time and lost, I tried again straight afterwards but this time I switched to Gastly when Miltank was sent out and used Curse, this worked as I got Houndour to use bite until Miltank fainted, going to head to Ecrutreak City next.

My Team:

Croconaw Lv24
    Houndoom Lv24
    Gastly Lv23

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    I got a lot accomplished!

So I got the team to level 35 and beat Chuck's gym, then flew straight back to Olivine, delivered the SecretPotion, and kicked Jasmine's butt with Inferno and Kireme.

After that I went to go check out the Safari Zone and caught some pretty nifty stuff. Missed a Kangaskan though...ah well! I got an Ekans, Arbok, and Koffing, plus other things. :3

I flew back to go pick up stuff that Mom bought me (GAHH) and proceeded to Mahogany Town (I went there before I beat Morty so I flew), and then I headed up to the Lake of Rage and went to go catch the Red Gyarados. Careful nature, female, so I was OK with it. Caught her with a Love Ball too, I had Zutori out. XD

So then I go talk to Lance, head back to Mahogany, and I just passed the first Persian statue. That's it so far!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    After some training I went into the Elite Four.

Will was extremley easy and he was one of the only ones I was worried about.

Xatu vs. Ampharos OHKO
    Jynx vs. Typhlosion OHKO
    Xatu vs. Ampharos OHKO
    Slowbro vs. Gloom
    Exeggutor vs. Ampharos OHKO

Koga proved to be easier than even Will.

Ariados vs. Typhlosion OHKO
    Forretress vs. Typhlosion OHKO
    Venomoth vs. Typhlosion OHKO
    Muk vs. Typhlosion 2HKO
    Crobat vs. Ampharos OHKO

Bruno, who I expected to be semi-easy made me re think when his Hitmonchan used Ice Punch on my Togekiss. But I managed using a bit of team work.

Hitmontop vs. Togetic 2HKO
    Hitmonlee vs. Ampharos 2HKO
    Onix vs. Politoed OHKO
    Hitmonchan vs. Togetic and Typhlosion
    Machamp vs. Ampharos, Politoed and Typhlosion

Karen was fairly easy. She got a few good hits in but didn't faint any like Bruno.

Umbreon vs. Togekiss
    Gengar vs. Typhlosion
    Houndoom vs. Politoed 2HKO
    Murkrow vs. Ampharos OHKO
    Vileplume vs. Typhlosion OHKO

Now time to go to Lance. I'm going to heal up use my collected Ethers and Max Ethers, use all of my Rare Candies on Politoed (Ice Beam user ^^;), save and walk in. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Well, I've beaten Lance. I'll update in a little bit with a whole log of the battle :)

Last edited:

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Taichi and Agu looked at the nice shore side around Cerulean City. It had that calm feeling. Both of them knew that all the things they had gone through were definitely worth it. Taichi then looked to his buddy Agu, the latter looking back at his friend as well. Taichi smiled. "We've come along way, huh Agu?" Taichi patted his companion on the back. Agu responded with a nod. Taichi and Agu reminisced over what had happen recently.

"We've finally gotten past the Elite Four guys. Now on to the Champion." Taichi said as he headed into the next room. What had happened next would shock him. There stood a man with spiky red hair and a cape facing Taichi in the opposite direction. The man turned around and greeted Taichi. "Hello Taichi. Welcome to the greatest battle of champions" Lance had said. Taichi was standing silently with Agu next to him, having the same expression. The tension was very thick. The waves of battle were about to commence. Friends were now adversaries for this one battle...

Taichi was leaning on the ground with Agu. They were staring at the night sky. Taichi then nodded in agreement of Agu. "Yeah, that sure was surprising. Then we came back after everything was going against us as always." Taichi then put his fist in the air and released his grip of the air and swooshed his hand around, as if he was waving through the stars. "The stars...were nice on that night also....

"Okay mom, I'm in Olivine City. I'll call you when I'm in Vermilion City. Bye" Taichi said as he hung up the phone. Professor Oak had just upgraded his Pokedex so he can experience more wonders of the world of Pokemon, wider than Johto can give him. A new start and a new beginning. He then started walking toward the sailor that was checking tickets. He then stopped, thinking he heard something. Was it...her? Taichi turned slighty to see if it was. There was nobody behind him. Taichi then sighed. "Oh well Agu. I thought she would come to see me off, but I guess not. Let's go buddy." Taichi said walking off. Before he got on the ship he heard a giant yell. "TAICHI!!! WAIT!!!" He heard. The boy turned back and saw someone running towards him. As the person cam closer, he could clearly see who it was. He smiled. It was Lyra, he hadn't seen her since the whole Kimono Girls and Lugia thing. He waved to her as she ran closer and closer. Taichi then was enveloped in a hug by the girl trainer. With Marill panting slightly after Lyra stopped right in front of Taichi, Agu greeted the Pokemon. Taichi then chuckled, while Lyra giggled.

"So your off now, huh Tai?" Lyra asked the boy. Taichi nodded. "Yeah, there's alot of things that I just gotta see. I know that I've done plenty of things that some could never say they have done. Still...I feel as though my path isn't done yet. There's something else calling to me. Something telling me to finish there." Taichi explained to her. Lyra then bowed her head and was blushing. "So...how'd that thing with Lugia go...?" She said trying to stall him. "I'm still alive aren't I? As to what actually happened in there...I'll save that for when I get back" Taichi winked to Lyra. She started to turn even more red. Taichi started to notice this, but in the wrong way. "Hey Lyra, are you getting sick or something, your getting kind of red." Taichi spoke to her. Lyra then noticed how flushed she was and shook her head. "I'm fine Taichi. I'm going to miss you is all". Taichi nodded and then turned his head toward the boat named S.S. Anne. "Well, I gotta get on the boat before it leave so... I'll guess I'l-" Taichi got cut off by some moist lips touching his. He then realized what was happening as he closed his eyes and got into it with the female. They were kissing. Finally it was about time their feelings had caught up for one another. After their lips stopped touching, Lyra held Taichi tightly.

"Wow, that sure....was...something. I'll pay it back someday." Taichi smiled as he saw her still holding on to him with her head down. They both know that she had to let go soon. She wanted to be like this forever with him. She then looked up into his eyes and whispered softly "Hurry back, 'kay?". Taichi reassured her with a nod as Lyra slowly let go. She stood in that same spot as Taichi and Agu started walking to the S.S. Anne, Taichi's head turned to her the entire walk there. As the he got inside of the boat he saw once last glimpse of Lyra before the door started closing. The last words he muttered in Johto were "Bye". With everything in Johto complete as far as he knew, Taichi and Agu headed to there room and watched some TV as the boat sailed off to Kanto. Toward a new, unfinished path.

Taichi then got up off the ground and started walking. "Alright Agu, time to go find a quick place to stay for the night." The trainer said as the moon was in the sky and his first week in Kanto was soon coming to an end.

Current Party:
    AGU Lv45 (Male Ampharos)
    APOLLO Lv40 (Male Typhlosion)
    DRAGOON Lv30 (Red Male Gyrados)
    SHO Lv34 (Male Nidoking)
    TOTIUS Lv37 (Male Togekiss)
    ZERA Lv32 (Female Scizor)

In Storage: GLUE Lv10 (Ditto), SANTY Lv22 (Female Delibird), MOON Lv9 (Male Dratini), SAGITARIUS Lv20 (MALE TAUROS), KASSHOKU Lv22 (Male Sudowoodo), KURA lv5 (Female Eevee) and possibly another Pokemon? I'm not saying. lol

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just had the weirdest incident with my pokewalker. I had just brought my Larvitar back from it, and when I went to re-connect to send him back, my pokewalker says "machop joined you!" As in, it liked me and joined me IN the pokewalker, like how ash catches a lot of his.

Back