• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Played tonight while watching a movie.

Bugsy went down easy. Foolish took care of the trainers before falling to Bugsy's Scyther. (I forgot that he started with that Pokemon.) Rockster went on to win the Hive Badge, so Machop can be raised more before he starts rebelling, as he's a traded Pokemon.

The rival battle was tough. Baro's (my rival) Gastly used Curse, which brought down Foolish after Baro's Zubat used Bite on her. Since I saved beforehand, I tried again fresh with a different strategy: Rockster beating Baro's Pokemon easily.

Then it was off to Ilex Forest, where the two Farfetch'd were easily caught. But a quick return trip to Violet City to find a Bellsprout to learn Cut was in order, and Weedy joined the team. Back in Ilex Forest, Foolish helped battle all the wild Pokemon quickly.

In Goldenrod City, Machop returned to the front lines and battled trainers in preparation for Whitney. Decided that a Magnemite would be a good addition to my team. And then my DS's battery started to die, so I had to stop playing.

~GodricGryffindor9~, I like your posts. Your trainer is more than just a little pixel person, and is like a real child traveling the world with her Pokemon

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I've been working on getting phone numbers from all the Gym Leaders, but I have about half of them only. :"P

My team is all level 72 now, and I haven't even beaten Blue yet because I've been doing a ton of rebattling and catching. I still need a Mantine... =w= And I FINALLY found a Steelix in Cliff Cave, it took a lot of wandering and running into things other than Steelix. Level 23, I think.

Years
  • I defeated Price
    Growlithe v.s Seel A hard battle but ended with bite.
    Scizor v.s Piloswine finished it off with Metal Claw
    Shiny Pichu V.s Dewgong K.Oed with Volt Tackle

After that the prof. called talking about Team rocket so I rushed to the scene(after I caught Raikou and Entei, it was eay thanks to Crobat's mean look and some fast balls). Team Rocket pretty much took over Goldenrod city so I had to do something about it. I defeated most of the rockets then went to the basement for the card key (or whatever im looking for). I destoryed my Rival, Spirit, but Shiny Pichu fainted v.s Sneasel due to using Volt Tackle witth 10HP, I 4got that Sneasel was faster :(. To be Continued.

Team Status (All went from 37 - .....)
    Growlithe lvl 39
    Scizor lvl 39
    Feraligatr lvl 39
    Shiny Pichu lvl 38
    Crobat lvl 39

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hatched one box and one row of Growlithes over the past two days and counting. I can't seem to get an adamant one. Carefully picked out my new team and getting ready to EV train after I'm done hatching those damned eggs.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Got Tyranitar and Heracross to lv. 85. That just leaves Houndoom for tomorrow.

Now that I finally got connection, I finally got Winner's Path! Too bad that I missed out on other events...

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Just started my new adventure.

Okay, so my name is Diana. And my partner pokemon happens to be Rain, a really hiperactive Totodile. When picking my starter that little guy ran right at me and jumped on me, and that is when I decided to take him with me.

Off we go.. By the way. Some weird red-haired bastard (a pretty one though) pushed me away when I asked him why was he stalking Pr.Elm's lab.. -_- Straaaange~

EDIT:
    Current team *_*:
    158.png
    228.png
    179.png
    41.png

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Well, after much grinding(everyone to level 55 atm), a little trading, and 3 kanto bages, I went after the E4 again. This team blew them out of the water, and I'm sure it can do the same to the rest of the kanto gyms.

Spr_4h_157.png
    Blast burn, flamethrower, swift, smokescreen
    Spr_4h_186_m_s.png
    Surf, ice beam, hypnosis, hyper voice
    Spr_4d_376.png
    Zen headbutt, agility, meteor mash, stealth rocks
    Spr_4h_214_m.png
    Brick break, shadow claw, bulk up, megahorn
    Spr_4h_149.png
    Extremespeed, dragon dance, fly, dragon claw
    Spr_4h_248.png
    Crunch, dragon dance, earthquake, stone edge

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • I just caught Moltres and Articuno. That was easier than I thought.

And completed the Unown sidequest. Wow. I feel that I accomplished more in this game than the others.

Years
  • I challenged Gym Leader Sabrina in a rematch. Her Wobbuffet used Counter but it didn't work. Later I battled Blue. I didn't really have problems with the Gym Leader until Arcanine. I managed to get its health down to red but it used a Full Restore. As for the rest of the battle, it went more smoothly.

I'll have a rematch with Gym Leader Janine. I'm trying to decide what Pokemon to have on my team.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Just started my new SoulSilver Grass Monotype Challenge. An update posted in the main thread, but in case anyone was curious:

* * * * *​

I started my adventure, as per usual with dreams of becoming the greatest Grass trainer ever. With only one starter in mind, I go out and get him from the friendly neighbourhood professor, Elm (what is with Pokemon professors and tree names?) So with my male Chikorita, Chico, I begin my journey, even with irritating Lyra (worst. character. ever.), a grumpy rival, an obviously bored mother at home and Elm interrupting me as well as his aid.

So on my way to complete the Mr Pokemon (poor guy must've got bullied at school) sidequest, not to mention meeting Professor Oak, I train up Chicko slowly. In time, he does become more powerful and he's at a healthy and respectable level eight when the grumpy rival decides to battle me with his starter (I can already sense troubles in the future with it later on in the game). I beat him easily without worrying and return to Elm having a panic attack.

The policeman thought I was responsible (dick, he was okay in the original games), but Lyra saves me and I'm embarrassed and annoyed, yet thankful she told them I was a good boy. I name the rival, Silver, because I couldn't think of anything else, give Elm the Mystery Egg and move on. Of course, not without saying goodbye to mother first, which would be harsh and I have her save me money.

Lyra gives a pointless tutorial on catching Pokemon (stupid ***** and her obsessive jumping and stupid Marill) and we move on.

Nothing much happens apart from beating some trainers, catching a female Bellsprout (nicknamed Gynoecious), raising it and Chico in preperation for the Sprout Tower. Not too hard, just tedious.

After doing that, I decided to evolve Chico, before I took on the Gym Leader and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Once evolved, I took my two team members to battle Falkner. Despite worrying about the type disadvantage, it was fine and I won easily.

So, as of now:

153.png

Chico the Bayleef
    Lv. 16

- Tackle
    - Synthesis
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poison Powder
    69.png

Gynoecious the Bellsprout
    Lv. 12

- Vine Whip
    - Growth
    - Wrap
    - N/A

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Caught Lugia and Mewtwo. It took a lot of Ultra Balls for me to catch Lugia yet it took me one for Mewtwo. Strange. Oh well, that just leaves the roaming legendaries for me to catch along with Kyogre.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I beat Blaine and Erika.
    Currently catching and evolving a few pokémon for my pokedex.
    I'll battle Blue once I get around 200 pokémon and train my team a bit more.
    Got the Jhoto gym leaders' numbers.
    Caught the legendary beasts.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Beat Blue rather easily, the sandstorm and stealth rocks wore his team down. Now it's off to Mt.Silver to grind until I can take on Red. I think this is the save file I will keep.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Already Beaten Red on my Pokemon SoulSilver on Sunday Night. X3 Gotten myself a Charmander, a Torchic and a Groudon. X3 Now playing my Pokemon HeartGold, just arrived at the Day Care Couple place. X3

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Managed to paralyze Raikou and Entei and get their HP down to 1. Despite that, I couldn't catch them with the Fast Ball. Why do Apricorn Balls suck in this game? ._.;

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Managed to paralyze Raikou and Entei and get their HP down to 1. Despite that, I couldn't catch them with the Fast Ball. Why do Apricorn Balls suck in this game? ._.;
    If possible, get yourself a High-Level Wobbuffet or a High-Level Dugtrio with Arena Trap to give you more time to catch Raikou and Entei. :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    Currently training my team to beat Red. I didn't expect his levels to be so high, so I lost miserably the first time.

EDIT: just beat Red using mostly my 88 Leafeon, 70 Ho-oh, and 72 Mewtwo. Used lower levels that I had just when I needed to revive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2011
    DAY 3

* Traded a random Bellsprout for Rocky (ONIX)
    * Went to route 32 to train my team to 10
    * Caught a lv6 Mareep (AMPHY)
    * Trained all of my pokemon to Lv 10
    * Easily going to own the GYM
    * Realised that Faulkner wasn't there, so headed to sprout tower.
    * made it through Sprout Tower with my team of 4, Scurry levelled to 13
    * Beat the Sage Leader with a partially damaged SCURRY and FIRE HEART.
    * He gave me Flash for defeating him.
    * Used an Escape Rope to head back to the city.
    * Healed before taking a rest, planning to defeat Faulkner tomorrow.
    * Couldn't sleep so decided to take his goons out with FIRE HEART.
    * Reached Faulkener. What a place this GYM is. Feeling Strong.

GYM LEADER: FALKNER

Shara sent out Scurry, Faulkner sent out Pidgey

- Scurry uses Quick Attack, Pidgey uses Tackle
    - Scurry uses Quick Attack, Pidgey Faints
    - Faulkner Sends out Pidgeeotto
    - Scurry uses Quick Attack, Pidgeotto uses Tackle
    - Scurry uses Quick Attack, Pidgeotto USes Roost
    - Scurry uses Quick Attack, Pidgeotto uses Tackle (Crital Hit), Scurry Faints
    - Go AMPHY
    - Pidgeotto uses Tackle, Amphy uses Thundershock (Critical Hit/SE)
    - Pidgeotto uses Roost, Amphy uses Thundershock (Pidgeyotto Parylysed)
    - Amphy uses Thundershock (SE), Pidgeyotto can't move
    - Amphy uses Thundershock FTW

Shara defeats Faulkner and gains the Zephar Badge.

* Faulkner gives me ™ 51 (Roost)

MY TEAM

GYM BADGES OBTAINED:
    pokemon_badges-zephyrBadge.gif

Cyndaquil_Sprite.jpg

FIRE HEART the Serious Cyndaquil
    Female/lvl. 10
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Smokescreen
    - Ember

16.png

SWOOP the Naughty Pidgey
    Female/lvl. 10
    Tangled Feet
    - Tackle
    - Sand-Attack
    - Gust
    -

161.png

SCURRY the Impish Sentret
    Female/lvl. 13
    Keen Eye
    - Scratch
    - Foresight
    - Fury Swipes
    - Quick Attack

179.png

AMPHY the Timid Marrep
    Female/lvl. 11
    Static
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Thundershock
    -

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    Just restarted my Soul Silver game, just leaving Cherrygrove City with my Hasty Cyndaquil (Explotaro) and heading for Sprout Tower, then on too Falkner.
    Going too catch myself a Hoothoot on the way, once i buy some more pokeballs.

Caught my Hasty Hoothoot (Noctaro) and started training it at Sprout Tower, where i caught a Naughty Gastly (Spooktaro).
    Now going to save and take on Falkner next time.
    Explotaro Lv. 12
    Noctaro: Lv. 11
    Spooktaro Lv. 7

Last edited:
    Back