• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I restarted my HG last night. I have:
    -Chosen chikorita as my starter
    -Caught a mareep
    -Got a slugma egg from Primo
    -Beat Falkner

And am currently training to evolve chikorita.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    AAAAHH! I totally ditched Nidoran :( because, I REEAALLLY wanted Ekans and his Evolutions and since I already had a Poison type... Plus, I can't say I really like Nidoran either. So far, my Ekans, Swarm, is doing me well, and I can't wait until he evolves. Yay for version exclusives! ok, gonna go catch a Heracross, because they rock socks, Oh, by the way! I cleared out Slowpoke well, and now I am going to go own Bugsy, and Fluff evolved. Here's me team! THE SEARCH FOR HERACROSS BEGINNNSSS!

bye. HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalHeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalHeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalHeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After much hating and debating, I decided to evolve my togepi into togetic, use it for breeding, then ditch it in favor of a togepi with a BETTER nature(the one from Mr.Pokemon was brave nature.)
    Also I:
    -Beat whitney
    -Am riding my bike with munchlax(from winners path) holding a soothe bell
    My current team is,

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Updates:
    -Togepi has evolved at level 10!
    -Munchlax has evolved at lvl 18!
    -I got an eevee from Bill.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Restarted my Game not to long ago.

Currently going for the Third Gym.

Team: (Exactly how they are seen on the screen.)
    HERACROSS.
    MUNCHLAX.
    BUTTERFREE.
    FLAAFFY.
    TOGEPI.
    Kant. (Alakazam.)

Togepi - Given to me by Mr. Pokemon in Egg form. Modest Nature.
    Munchlax - Caught in the Winners Path (Event Path.) on the Pokewalker. Modest Nature.
    Flaaffy - Caught on Route 32. Careful Nature.
    Heracross - Caught in Azalea Town. Rash Nature.
    Kant (Alakazam.) - Traded Cyndiquil to a Friend for Kadabra, Turned into Alakazam on my End. Calm Nature.
    Butterfree - Caught in the Bug Catching Contest. (June 24th, 2010.) [Will Edit with Nature.]

Last edited:

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Defeated all Kimono Girls, travelled for hours (literally hours) in the Whirl Islands trying to locate Lugia.

Finally located, fought and caught Lugia.

Arrived to the Indigo Plateau. Currently locating my way through here.

Years
  • GengarNightmare's Heart Gold Playthrough!

Playtime 11:37. I've done quite a lot since my last update (I haven't been near a computer in a few days).

Chapter 3: Union Cave, Slowpoke Well, and the Hive Badge!
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 4: Heracross wins the Plain Badge!
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 5: Ecruteak City! Home of the three legendary dog-….uh….ca-…gerbils? Aw forget it!
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 6: Off the beaten path!
    Instead of taking the usual path to Olivine, I decided to test my boundaries and see if I could go to Mahogany Town first. To my surprise, Gamefreak has not put up some unforeseeable boundary keeping me from going out of order, so my path was clear! Even more suprising, I was able start the sequence at the Lake of Rage, capturing the Red Gyarados and meeting Lance. After defeating Rocket Executive Petrol, I managed to catch each of the Electrodes powering the strange radio signal (usually one of them explodes first!).

After defeating the rocket base, I decided that my Charmeleon should be able to easily take on Mahogany Town's ice gym, the only real worry being the occasional Dewgong. Zieg evolved into Charizard just before the battle with Pryce. As the battle started, Pryce led with a Seel who only used Icy Wind, so I decided to Dragon Dance up for extra insurance against his Dewgong. Thanks to leftovers, Zieg was barely able to survive the recoil from Flare Blitz and sweep Pryce's entire team! Mahogany town finished, I decided to get back on track and head to Olivine City.

Phew! And finally, here I am in Olivine! I've just spoken with Jasmine, my next mission being to grab the medicine for Ampharos in Cianwood City. Before I close this post out, how about a team update?

Ivy
    Lv. 24

Zieg
    Lv. 38

Behemoth
    Lv. 26

Hurricane
    Lv. 21 (Currently in daycare)

Chapters 1-3 right here!

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • So yesterday, I was bored, so I turned on my SoulSilver version to while away some time. I figured I would try the bug catching contest, so I made my way there and entered the tournament. I eventually caught me my Scyther, but I decided to catch some of the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon to add to my 'dex.

I told myself "I'll probably end up keeping this Scyther unless I see a higher leveled one or a shiny". A few Pokemon later, I came across a shiny, FEMALE Combee. Without issue, I caught it, and won the contest with 349 points. I checked it out later, and it has a Bold nature, which isn't bad at all for a Vespiquen. And, the best part; it was holding a honey :D.

So yes, I officially love the Bug catching contest. :DDDD

Years
  • My feraligator is finally at its 100th level. My mewtwo is at 98. Now working on my new set of pokemon. I get pretty bored fighting the elite 4. I think I beaten the elite 4 for the 1000 times. It feels like it. Now currently training my electabuzz, kadabra, lavitar and ivysaur. I'm waiting for the sun to go down so I can catch me a houndour. So I will have a dark and a fire type pokemon. I think I'm going to go fight in mt.silver

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I found a better AP fix for Soul Silver, so I decided to resume playing. The funny thing is, the patch specifically said to follow individual instructions for each version of the game, but I used the HG patch for SS, and it works fine

-My godforsaken Togepi finally evolved at level 22 (TG for his poison-surviving skillz).
    -I beat Whitney, only after 12 consecutive tries! /sarcasm
    -I more or less KO'd my rival at Ecruteak into submission.
    -I caught a Sudowoodo.
    -Now I'm trying to beat the stupid Haunter lady at Morty's gym. Most NPCs' Pokemon are faster than mine. orz orz orz

Yesterday, I was this close to buying a legit copy of HeartGold from Costco for $40. Then I remembered Black and White.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After 2 straight days of running, encountering, running, and holding b + down, I finally have 2 more worthy teammates: A steelix and a mantine(modest nature!)
    All I need now is a 6th, but that can wait. I was actually thinking hitmontop, or electabuzz. My team now is:

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Beat Lt. Surge with my Lugia and some help with Typhlosion.

Evolved Eevee into Umbreon at level 24, after spending thousands of dollars on steroids for it.

Hatched a female Teddiursa (I'm breeding them!) and nicknamed it TEDDIURSA.

Caught a level 36 Weedle in the Bug-Catching Contest, and evolved it into a level 38 Beedrill.

Caught 2 Combee (1 male and 2 female). Shoved 1 male and 1 female into the Daycare center. Leveled up Combee (f) to level 21. It evolved.

EDIT:: Evolved Togetic into a level 35 Togekiss using a Shiny Stone bought from the Pokeathlon.

Years
  • I'm on my way to pick up an egg that was produced by my Eevee and Vulpix Ember. I'm trying to level Ember up so that she is tough enough to take on my Rival's plant starter, sorry I don't know the evolutions of Chikorita. Eevee and Vulpix hate each other, how is it that they produced an egg? Other than that I'm just trying to get my pokemon up to the twenties because Lugh, my Croconaw, is not the strongest pokemon I have. Muscle, who is a female by the way, is at lvl 23. Actually the only way I've been able to stop my rival is with my lvl 22 Jirachi fairly easily. I think my Jirachi is my best pokemon at the moment, it's kind of my best one I have, beating out Lugh easily. Now I'm just trying to level up all my pokemon to get above level twenty.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    If you have troubles with Grass types, take Crobat (any other flying type) or Arcanine or Magmar. ;) Check If Vulpix and Eevee can breed at all on Serebii and check if they are different gender. If you can't trade don't bother with machop, try heracross or Grunbull for physical sweeping.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • It's been a while since I posted here, let alone played Soul Silver, so I decided to play again last night.

I was out training Eevee because I wanted an Umbreon, when suddenly I'm attacked by Raikou! I wasn't really expecting to capture it because I didn't have a Pokemon with Mean Look to keep it from running away, so I just chucked a Fast Ball at the legendary beast, while it was still at full health.

The balled jerked once...twice... and click, it was caught! It was the most awesome capture I've ever had in the history of ever playing Pokemon, well besides capture Dialga with a lone Pokemon on the first turn.

Also, Eevee evolved into Umbreon! Now I just need to train it up with my other Pokes to take on Red! Wish me luck!

Years
  • I'm on a roll today. Had another successful trade in a two hour time frame using GTS, traded a lvl 22 Vulpix for a lvl 32 Growlithe. I had caught Raikou with an ultra ball while it was in the yellow, I was working on him with my lvl 29 Jirachi. I had also caught a Ditto, which shocked me so much because I was trying to level up my Vulpix Ember at the time. Maybe now I can beat my Rival's Bayleef with that Growlithe, who just needs two more levels to get flamethrower.

All in all, it was a good day.

Years
  • gotten a hitmonchan and a firestone from a friend.

Edit July 2nd 2010: Gotten a magnet ticket, moltress and Groudon. Saved at Elite 4 entrance.

Last edited:
    Back