• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    Beat the lighthouse, got my badge in Olivine, went over to Cianwood and got the badge there, along with FLY(yippee!). I caught my Red Gyarados and now I'm doing some exploring with my Fly and Surf. Getting all of those items that were out of my reach and put my Geodude in the daycare for a little bit.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Just defeated Lt. Surge using Feraligatr and Pidgeot (I know they were weak to lighning, I just had to try some challenge) ._. after 1 month(+??) of not playing D: Can anyone help me get back to playing my SS game D:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Started my fifth new game.

Started with Cyndaquil.

Received the Pokedex and Mystery Egg

Defeated Rival (Silver) for the first time in this game.

Delivered the Mystery Egg to Elm after being falsely accused of theft.

Learned from Lyra how to catch Pokemon

Downloaded and received my very first legal Mew ever!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I'm starting an unofficial normal-type monotype challenge. I'm not posting it in the monotype challenge thread, because I already have an official water-type challenge for the hoenn region. I'm dumping my starter once I can catch pokemon and get a normal-type. I'm going to attempt to go all the way to beating red, though that might not be possible. So, time to get started on the journal!

Warning: There may be spoilers past this point!

• Started a new game. I selected the boy character, and my name is Gold.
    • Got the bag, trainer card, the save option, and the options from my mom.
    • Got a Cyndaquil from Prof. Elm. I will not be using it after I catch a normal-type, and will run away from all wild battles.
    • Got 5 potions, the pokegear, entered route 29, got some items, blah blah blah.
    • Got to cherrygrove city. I also got the running shoes.
    • Went to Mr. Pokemon's house. Got the Mystery Egg and the Pokedex.
    • Returned to cherrygrove after getting a distress call from Prof. Elm. Fought my rival. I was only level 5 since I hadn't beaten any wild pokemon, but I had 7 potions. Now I have 6.
    • Gave the egg to Prof. Elm after giving my rival's name - Silver. I gave my rival's name to the policeman, by the way.
    • I'm going to let my mom save my money so I can get cool items.
    • Got 5 pokeballs from lyra in route 29, then caught a spearow in route 46. I head over to cherrygrove city and put my cyndaquil in the pc box.

Now the challenge begins officially!

Last edited:

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • After not playing for I don't know how long I'm finally playing my SS again.

Sooo... I'm training my team for the last gym in Johto. Dragons are a pain in the ass.

My team mates are Typhlosion, Crobat, Quagsire, Azumarill and 2 HM slaves. I have no idea how my team ended up being so unballanced, but whatever.

tobi-ksla

Years
  • Right now, I'm breeding Dragonairs. I just have this fascination for them. I just can't stop thinking about them.

Yes. Dragonairs.

I managed to breed an Adamant one with perfect HP, Attack, and Speed IVs. I'm now aiming for a Modest one with perfect HP, Sp. Attack, and Speed IVs.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After I got all 16 badges on my HG, I restarted. This time, I'll re-use my original Soul Silver team (in sig) with a few modifications to the moves and such. So far I got my modest cyndaquil, and made it to violet city. But when I was in dark cave looking for a dunsparce, I caught a zubat, and by PURE LUCK, it had pokerus! I've never ever been that lucky.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Breeding Eevees to try for a shiny Eevee through the Masuda Method. But I finally got an Adament Female Eevee, the first female with a nature I need (curse you 87% chance for male Eevees) though I'm not sure whether I want my Flareon to be a male or a female... hmm... I wish it had been a Timid female... it is my priority to have a female Espeon.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
  • Dudy's Pokemon Adventures

Journal Entry #1: The Restart

Today, I decided to start my Heart Gold game over. The Cyndareep Combo was too good to pass up. I, of course, start with A trainer named Dudy, and a Cyndaquil. I name it Infernus. After doing Elm's Errands, And Battle some Kid named Muskete, I go on to my Adventure. I make my way to Violet City. On the way, i catch a Geodude in Dark Cave. I name her Ruha. To get Infernus at a level to learn Ember, i train in, get trough, and dominate Sprout Tower. I see Muskete beat The Elder, after he leaves, I prove myself to the Elder in battle. Infernus becomes a Quilava! I decide to get ready for Falkner, and Catch a Mareep. I name it Static. I go all around finding ways to train Static until it learns Thundershock. Thankfully, Static learns Thundershock. I'm ready for Falkner. I take out the Gym Trainers. I Make it to Falkner. Static makes it past Pidgey. Pidgeiotto takes Static down, and its time for Infernus to finish the job. Now, I'm a proud owner of a Zephyr Badge! I lave the gym, only to talk to Prof. Elm, who told an aide of his to give me an egg. Then there's the Kimono chick, Whats up with her? Time to hit the road! lets go Infernus, Ruha, and Static! Next, Azalea and Bugsy!

My Team:

Infernus

Tackle
    Quick Attack
    Smokescreen
    Ember

Static

Tackle
    Growl
    Thundershock

Ruha

Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Mud Sport

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Beat whitney, and am now on my way to getting my eevee from bill. Hoping to evolve it into umbreon.

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Restarting Heart Gold. Might start off with a Chikorita and definitely trade over a Pikachu. Any advice on what Pokemon to catch along the way?

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Since I haven't played Soul Silver in a while, I decided to start a new game and use a team of Pokemon that I've never used before, excluding my starter.

• Chose the Male Character, recieved my Pokegear from Mom, and chose Totodile as my starter.
    • Arrived in Cherrygrove City and recieved the Running Shoes and the Map Card for my Pokegear from the Guide Gent after his tour.
    • Went to Mr. Pokemon's house, retrieved the Pokemon Egg for Prof. Elm, recieved my Pokedex from Prof. Oak, and defeated my Rival on the way back to the lab.
    • Arrived at the lab and spoke to the Police Officer, named my rival Axel. Delivered the Egg to Prof. Elm and headed back to Cherrygrove to trade over a Snover, Zubat, Trapinch, Houndour, and Machop that I bred and hatched on my Platinum version for my team. I also traded over a Lucky Egg too.
    • Trained them up on Route 30, but only to level 10 so they would still obey me. I then went to Violet City.
    • Defeated all the Sages in Sprout Tower and recieved the Flash TM.
    • Walked over to Route 36 and received the Rock Smash HM. Taught it to Machop.
    • Entered the Violet City Gym and challenged Falkner.
    • Houndour defeated his Pidgey and Totodile defeated his Pidgeotto, earning me the Zephyr Badge and the Roost TM.
    • Headed down Route 32, traversed through Union Cave, and arrived in Azalea Town.

Badges:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Defeated 4 Frontier Brains No Lost, still haven't beaten Factory but I'm too busy breeding rare Pokemon :)

Back