• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Strout

is a battle mage
    Years
    STROUT'S HEART GOLD ADVENTURE: LOG 1

• Started new game naming myself Jessie, male character
    • Chose Cyndaquil (male, nn'd Rome)
    • Got PokeDex
    • Named Rival J. Perry (after a friend)
    • Started adventure (officially)
    • Grinded Rome to level 14
    • Rome evolved into Quilava
    • Captured Munus the male Gastly in Sprout Tower
    • Currently grinding Munus to level 14
    Spoiler:

LugiaSoul

IMA FIRIN MAH AEROBLAST!
    Years
    I DID IT! I FINALLY DID IT! I BEAT LANCE!

First, I sent out my Ampharos to fight his Gyrados. It used Waterfall, but I took a hit and used Discharge, easily defeating Gyrados.

He then sent out his Lv.50 Dragonite, so I sent out my Lugia. His Dragonite used Outrage, so I used Dragon Rush, Fly, and my Gyrados's Ice Fang, defeating the first of his Dragonites.

Next up was one of his Lv.49 Dragonites. I used the same strategy as last time, but started off using Ice Fang and then Lugia's Dragon Rush.

He then sent out his Aerodactyl. I put it to sleep with Gengar so I could heal my other Pokemon. I sent out my Ampharos, and beat it with Discharge.

Lance sent out his last Dragonite, so I used Dragon Rush and Extrasensory to take it out.

Finally, he sent out Charizard. I used Lugia's Fly attack, and then quickly switched to Gyrados. Gyrados used Waterfall, and it was over. I BEAT LANCE!

Spoiler: Current Team

NOW YOU MAY COMMENT AND SUGGEST!

WilowWisp

Lurking in the shadows.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    I am currently rearing to attempt the 8th gym badge!

My team is pretty strong, but the only advantage I had over Claire is my female Weepinbell, Venom.

So, seeing this, I decided to raise a few more pokemon.
    Some pokemon that are essential to my team I won't even bother taking with me, like Rocky the Onix. I don't want to see them get trashed.

Currently training my team to reach level 40. For me, I don't limit my team to only 6 pokemon. I train many others.

I caught a Chinchou, named him Jet, and trained him in the Ice Cave. He evolved into a Lanturn at lv. 35.
    Traded a Tangela for a male Snorunt! Decided to name him Galcier.
    I plan on letting Pyrros sit the gym battle out, since most of the pokemon in Claires gym know water moves and Jet will accompany me. Hopefully, my guys will be ready to take on the gym by the end of the day.

Currently in my team:

Jypsom the Feraligatr, lv. 40 (Torrent, NeverMeltIce)

Shade the Haunter, lv. 40 (Levitate, Shell Bell)

Gent the Noctowl, lv. 40 (Insomnia, Amulet Coin)

Venom the Weepinbell, lv. 36(Chlorophyll, Miracle Seed)

Pyrros the Magmar, lv. 40(Flame Body, Quick Claw)

Glacier the Snorunt, lv. 34 (Inner Focus, N/A)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Took on the battle tower, managed to get up to palmer after a 21 win streak, awesome fight...

~ I send out Typhlosion, he sends out milotic. -_-
    ~ Using common sense, I know Milotic would murder Typhlosion, so I quickly switch to my shiny Gyrados which takes the surf attack well.
    ~ My Gyra's dragon pulse does decent damage, but Milotic then uses hypnosis. -_-
    ~ Two turns pass, and Gyra's still napping! Milotic uses a final ice beam and he's down. Argh.
    ~ I send out Salamence, anxious that it wont take down Milotic before it uses ice beam and puts this battle to bed.
    ~ Salamence goes 1st with dragon claw, critical hit! :D
    ~ Milotic goes down. As does Palmers smug grin.
    ~ He then sends out Dragonite, so its now a matter of who strikes 1st who wins this rounds.
    ~ Salamence hits 1st. Dragon claw. Dragonites down!
    ~ Palmers sweating now, he sends out his final pokemon, Ryperior!
    ~ Once again Salamence hits 1st with dragon claw and Ryperiors down to below half health, this match is nearly mine!
    ~ Ryperior uses rock slide, Salamence finally goes down, so i send out my starter again, Typhlosion.
    ~ Striking 1st again, Typhlosion use's eruption! This match is just about over...
    ~ 'Ryperior hangs on with its focus sash.' :@
    ~ 'Rhyperior uses earthquake, its super effective!' :@ :@
    ~ Typhlosion fainted, Palmer wins.' :@ :@ :@

Gotta get me one of those focus sash's...

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I was away for five days and didn't had a chance to make a post for Ecruteak Gym, but here it is now!

Under the recommendation of a friend, I changed the nickname of Harry into Hudson. God, I love changing names! xD

After getting a Leaf Stone for Elly, I proceeded to Ecruteak City. In the Burned Tower, I defeated my rival, Silver again, as usual. Zachary evolved into a Golbat!

Francesco's level rose up sky-rocket due to its niche at the Ecruteak Gym. It is full of Gastlys and Haunters to Bite on with one hit! Morty was quite easy after that, with the aid of Quick Claw too! Francesco bit the whole way through his Gastly, Gengar and Haunter. The other Haunter left was bitten by Zachary. And at the least I expected, Zachary evolved once again! What the hell. LOL. Anyway, its speed is beyond godlike now! Okay, I'm exaggerating but still!

My Current Team:

Francesco, the Croconaw, Lv27 ♂ (Torrent, Quick Claw)
    [Bite, Ice Fang, Flail, Surf]

Zachary, the Crobat, Lv23 ♂ (Inner Focus, Soothe Bell)
    [Astonish, Bite, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray]

Elly, the Exeggcute, Lv22 ♀ (Chlorophyll, Miracle Seed)
    [Uproar, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Giga Drain]

Hudson, the Heracross Lv21 ♂ (Swarm, Shell Bell)
    [Horn Attack, Endure, Aerial Ace, Brick Break]

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Dude, good luck with Exeggcute. Tried using one in an unevolved run and got soooo frustrated...

Exeggutor's great (well, amazing in-game), but I have some bad memories attempting to use an Exeggcute... -shivers-

Haha, thanks. I'm planning to evolve her at Lv27 once she learns Confusion. I highly doubt I can wait till it learns SolarBeam and Psychic. xD Anyway, she can learn those moves via TMs!

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    • Found Ditto, bred Eevee. Now have a couple of eggs lying around that I didn't find the time to hatch.
    • Kicked Sweet's arse at Burned Tower, freed the dogs.
    • Morty was a little more than a pushover. His ghosts decided that they wanted to commit curse-suicide. Not that I'm complaining.
    • Arrived to Olivine, did the Lighthouse stuff.
    • Arrived to Cianwood, got the Secretpotion. Met Suicune again, Eusine wanted to fight... If that could be called a fight. The only remotely difficult thing was that clearly hacked Electrode, with its 100% accurate Thunder -_-
    • Challenged the Gym. Falco, being Jolly, didn't help that much, since Gust is Special now... Still, it wasn't THAT difficult.
    • Taught Fly to Falco, and flew back to Olivine.
    • Thanked God for the elevator at the lighthouse.
    • Challenged the Olivine Gym. Both Magnemites were taken down by Cindy, and Felicia proved to be a major powerhouse in the team, kicking Steelix's butt into oblivion.
    • Speedran to the Lake of Rage, netting me a shiny Gyarados =P.
    • Now helping that Lance wuss with the Rocket Hideout.

Badge Case

Current Team
    Spoiler:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I'm kinda lazy to write this journal. So here's a quick recap on what I have done.
    • Elly turned to Lv27 and she learned Confusion, which is the time I used a Leaf Stone to evolve her into an Exeggutor, her Special Attack stat is amazing now.
    • Swept everyone in the Cianwood Gym with just Zachary (his level is much lower than Elly due to training) alone.
    • Healed Amphy using SecretPotion obtained from Cianwood City and restored the lighthouse.
    • Hudson defeated the Magnemites and Francesco drowned Jasmine's Steelix, earning me the Mineral Badge.
    • Francesco evolved into a Feraligatr after the battle.
    • Had a fun time at the Safari Zone.
    • Went to Lake of Rage and caught the Red Gyarados.
    • Bullied Team Rocket at their 'secret' headquarters in Mahogany Town.
    • Saved at the entrance of Mahogany Gym.
    My Current Team:

Francesco, the Feraligatr, Lv33 ♂ (Torrent, Quick Claw)
    [Ice Fang, Surf, Crunch, Agility]

Elly, the Exeggutor, Lv34 ♀ (Chlorophyll, Miracle Seed)
    [Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Confusion, Giga Drain]

Hudson, the Heracross Lv32 ♂ (Swarm, Shell Bell)
    [Endure, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Counter]

Zachary, the Crobat, Lv31 ♂ (Inner Focus, Sharp Beak)
    [Bite, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Fly]

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    I was hatching too many Pichu eggs and been soft resetting my DS like crazy just so I could evolve one into a Pikachu dad with Wish. >.>

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    • Kicked some Rocket butt at their hideout. Nothing of notice here.
    • Challenged Pryce, OHKO'd everything but Piloswine, with Felicia's Brick Break.
    • Piloswine was dealt with Cindy's Lava Plume.
    • Found weird that Elm didn't call me when I exited the Gym. Checked my badges and I was lying, I hadn't beat Jasmine yet. (Nice memory, dude)
    • Flew back to Olivine, taught Jasmine how to properly train pokémon. Cindy Lava Plumed everything.
    • Elm called! Seems like the Rockets are being annoying at Goldenrod. Flew there~
    • Nothing of notice here, Eevee wants to evolve now, but I'll wait 'til he learns Baton Pass.
    • Gave an Everstone to Eevee.
    • Decided to pick everything my mother bought me. About a million berries, Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, and a couple of other useful goodies.
    • Found a Kimono Girl at the Underground.
    • Kicked Sweet's butt into oblivion.
    • Freed the Radio Tower, netting me some stuff.
    • Flew back to Mahogany, and walked over everybody before the Ice Path.
    • Went through the Ice Path, helping a Kimono Girl on the way. Is it me, or the 'puzzles' are easier now?
    • Eevee evolved into Espeon at level 36, learning Psybeam.
    • Challenged Blackthorn City Gym (Cindy 39, Falco 38, Felicia 38, Sid 37, Poli (HM Slave) 22). Clair was a little... Underwhelming. Details below:
      Spoiler:
    • Got the Master Ball from Elm. Yay, free stuff!
    • Challenged the Kimono Girls, nothing serious here.
    • Caught Ho-Oh. Neutral nature, something/11~12/23~25/12~13/31/2
    • Went past some speedbumps who call themselves trainers, before Victory Road.
    • I liked the new design of Victory Road. It's still not difficult at all, but it's not as easy as the G/S/C one.
    • OHKOd everything in Sweet's team. I almost felt bad for that.
    • OHKOd everything in Will's team. Off to a good start!
    • OHKOd everything in Koga's Team.
    • Forgot about Machamp's No Guard, so that Rock Slide obliterated Falco. Besides that, quite an easy fight.
    • Healed up, went against Karen. Nothing too difficult here. That Umbreon's bulkiness got me off guard, until I remembered Cindy's Focus Blast.
    • Healed up again, went against Lance. He promptly handed me my ass on a tray.
    • Realized I could never beat Lance with my current team, so I'm training everyone to level 45, and raising a new Mamoswine (currently Swinub) for it =D

Badge Case

Current Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Currently grinding against the Elite 4, trying to beat them at the same time. Trying to get entire team to level 45 before I actually take them on.

You know, if you get a few pokemon to level fifty that know ice beam or something, that will help you a lot against lance. Same for you Sapeiro, only training a mamoswine to lvl fifty from thirties might take some time. 45 is ok though, i beat the E4 with 45s and a fifty.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    You know, if you get a few pokemon to level fifty that know ice beam or something, that will help you a lot against lance. Same for you Sapeiro, only training a mamoswine to lvl fifty from thirties might take some time. 45 is ok though, i beat the E4 with 45s and a fifty.

I just exp-shared him to level 40 while training Sid (Espeon) and Cindy (Typhlosion) to level 45, and it was more than enough.

Now that Shadow Ball is special, an Espeon (or pretty much any other special psychic type that can learn shadow ball) is INSANE against the Elite Four. It's got really strong AND super-effective attacks against all of Will's Pokémon, 4/5 of Koga's (everyone but Forretress), 4/5 of Bruno's (everyone but Onix) and even 2/5 of Karen's (Vileplume and Gengar).

Anyways, back with more updates:

• Grinded a little, and challenged the E4 again.
    • Will was a breeze. Sid shadowballed both Xatu and Slowbro, and Felicia X-Scissor'd Exeggutor and Jynx, for a little training.
    • Koga was a breeze too. Cindy and Falco took care of him for the most part, but Sid had to handle Muk.
    • Bruno was a little more difficult. Mostly because I wanted to use Falco, that was lagging behind a little, and he got OHKO'd by Machamp's Rock Slide. Still, nothing to worry about, and we were at our maximum for our battle with...
    • Karen! First off was Umbreon, who was dealt with Cindy's Focus Blast. After that, Felicia decided to X-Scissor everything, until she sent Houndoom. He Flamethrower'd on the switch, and Cindy missed the first Focus Blast. Cindy Focus Blasted again, after he used his turn for a Nasty Plot, but didn't manage to kill it, then a critical nasty plot boosted Dark Pulse sent her to zero.
      Felicia Brick Broke Houndoom, Cindy took care of Gengar, and Pig took care of that Murkrow with a well placed Ice Shard.
    • Lance at last. Knowing that his first pokémon was a Gyarados, I sent Sid up first. Two Psybeams later, and taking a Waterfall as a champion, Gyarados was out, and Aerodactyl was out there.
    • Missing two Rock Slides in a row was enough for Pig to send that prehistoric pokémon back to where he came from, and on the threat of Charizard, I switched back again to Sid.
    • A psybeam later, Sid was out, courtesy of a Hyper Beam to the face. Cindy finished the job with a Headbutt or two.
    • Now his first Dragonite. I predicted that he was going to use the one that knows Thunder, so I intended to switch back to Pig. Sadly, I misclicked and sent Falco, who managed to get a Return in, but was obliterated by a Thunder. Then, it was Pig's time, who took a Dragon Rush to the face, but Ice Sharded that Dragonite back to his pokeball.
    • Now it was obvious that his next one would be the one knowing Fire Blast, so Cindy was back in the field. A close fight later, Cindy was out, and Dragonite was with very little HP. A well placed Seismic Toss, from Felicia, took care of that.
    • And the last Dragonite was on the field! Being scarfed, Felicia was locked into Seismic Toss, but Pig wasn't in good enough shape to let that Dragonite get a free hit on him. I decided sacrificing Felicia, and fed Pig a Max Potion.
    • Luckily, that last Dragonite decided to miss the first Dragon Rush, netting me a free second Ice Shard in, that critted all over his base =B.
    • I am the Champion.
    • Got the SS Aqua Ticket, from Elm.
    • Went to the Battle Frontier.
    • Challenged the Battle Factory, managed to work my way to my Silver Print battle.
    • Sadly, Factory Head Thorton decided he wanted to kick my ass, and sent a Return using Granbull, against my Monferno/Gabite/Vibraba team.
    • Still at the Battle Factory, trying to earn that Print and enough points to teach Outrage to my Dratini, so I can finally get a Double Dancer Kingdra (already have an Adamant Horsea, yay).

Badge Case

Current Team
    Spoiler:

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
    i haven't played much of HeartGold because i've been busy all semester. but in a couple of weeks i have to take a 7:30 am bus ride (that is 4 and a half hour bus ride) back home from university. on the way home as well as over christmas holidays there's only one thing i'll do. train, train, train. my goal this time is to make sure that i have a formidable team all lvl 100's. right now i just barely have a 6 pokemon team (without legends) i'm just short 2.

hope fully this goal of mine will be fulfilled. if not, i have next semester. haha

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    With the help of Elly and Hudson, I defeated Pryce, and thanks to his Piloswine who missed his 'ultimate' Blizzard attack, the battle was made pretty easy.

I went ahead to Ice Path and caught a Swinub and named it 'Omnomnom'! (which may subject to change once its evolution arrives xD) I've been training him at Route 44, which is a heaven for Ice-types, because it's filled with Pokemon full of Grass types holding great experience. Omnomnom is at level 29 now, and I'm planning to evolve him there.

My Current Team:
    Spoiler:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Restarted my SS.

Chose Chikorita as my starter and pwned most trainer battles (unfortunately, not gym battles.) Caught a Zubat and trying to take on Falkner. Unfortunately Zubat plainly sucks. Leech Life is either too weak and Astonish has no effect. Traded it and raised. Falkner went down in seconds. And so did Bugsy and Proton. Hehe.

My planned team: Meganium, Crobat, Houndoom, Espeon, Lantern, Scizor.

Back