• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hearthomes gym trainers insulted my math skills!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Okay so I restared my Diamond version recently, and Im paying more attention to the game. When I reached the Hearthome gym, I did all the questions right and stuff without battling trainers, THEN I went back to battle the trainers to get some extra training before I fight Fantina. The nerve of those underclass trainers! How dare thay insult my math skills to my face! Ugh, I know what 13 times 3 is!

..........bunch of stupidhead know-it-all

so anways my question to you guys is that did you notice this in the gym? And what was your reaction to this?

KivaXxOnyxAbsolxX

PokePriestess
    Years
  • I actually have Platinum but the gyms on there are way hard. Anyway i used to play Diamond and they did the same to me!!! I made sure to whoop there arses unnecisarilly (with some of my lvl 100 pokemon. ^w^). They are such jerks. Anyway the Hearthome gym is so weird now. I hope your not afraid of the dark.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I find it much easier to ignore what trainers say because their input on things just makes me want to bash my skull in with a studded bat and set myself on fire.

My favorite generic thing that trainers say and my response to them:
    -Wanna see my *insert low-level common pokemon you can find within 2 minutes of playing the game and every 5 minutes throughout the rest of it*?
    A: No.
    -I love school! *insert useless 1st grade information that has nothing to do with anything.*
    A: I don't care.
    -I wish I could catch*insert moderately difficult to catch pokemon*...
    A: Then go catch one and get out of my face.
    -I have lots of(money/pokemon/useless items)!
    A: Gtfo.
    -*insert intensely long speech that you button mash through and end up pressing "no" and the speech restarts itself all over again*
    A: STFU and die already.

The only comments I really payed attention to were in platinum, which were Flint being ignorant and talking to Volkner about pokemon coming out of his afro, and the ones between Candice and Maylene that make me giggle about their subtle lezzo relationship.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    While playing Pearl I didn't notice much but playing through Platinum, I just laughed at it. I never tend to pay much attention to trainers before battles or after.. they annoy and some of them talk for more than a sentence. But, I do laugh and enjoy some of the Team Galactic stuff. They think they're so strong and then their pokemon get whupped so bad so they seem to complain or cry about every time they lose.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My reaction:

I have a college bachelor's degree in mathematics. I am armed with a TI-89 graphing calculator. If you are going to take the time to attempt to challenge me mathematically, at throw in some low-level calculus or at the very least algebra and trigonometry. A bit of probability and statistics wouldn't hurt, either.

Years
  • My reaction was that it's geared toward making it easy for the younger players, so I shrugged it off. I intentionally chose the two wrong doors first for the experience points and money, before going through to the next room and the correct door, personally.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Haha, it certainly didn't insult my math skills... I'm terrible at math, so those are pretty much on my level. : P

I was pretty glad that the gym was like that, though, because I had a Floatzel that knew Crunch that didn't really need to go through any trainers to beat her.

Back