• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heatran

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Apparantly it is a legendary, but I fail to actually see why it is a legendary. Can anyone explain that?

Also, the fact that I can possibly get either male or female would have to mean that more than one exist correct?

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Apparantly it is a legendary, but I fail to actually see why it is a legendary. Can anyone explain that?

Also, the fact that I can possibly get either male or female would have to mean that more than one exist correct?

You Reilize that there is more than one Lugia, Ho-oh, Zapdod etc Right?

So... And the Manga Cannon, Blaine, Said "When you Rescued THAT mew from team rocket." See. There is MORE than one Mew.

Years

The only Pokemon that are truly unique iirc are Mewtwo and Arceus. There's probably more than one Arceus, we just haven't seen it yet.

Why is Heatran legendary? There are very important legends revolving around him I suppose.

Ayselipera

Hmm, well I think Heatran may be the embodiment of the inner Earth. Meaning like the crust, mantle and core of the Earth, maybe more so the mantle and core though. It's almost like how Celebi is the forest spirit or embodiment of the forest. Also it may also be that Heatran is a symbol of the rich natural resources that can be found in the Sinnoh region. Such as the steel works and ore. Anyways, that's my idea of why. I know there is a legend about Heatran that is told after defeating the Sinnoh League, but I don't remember what it was.

As for your other question, I don't know if Mewtwo and Arceus are the only unique legendaries, but I do know there are a few legendaries that aren't the only ones. Some of the ones I know of are Lugia, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Phione, etc.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    well, you can only get one in a specific game, legendary in that respect

and the space and time dragons are unique for sure... and probably most of their other 15-ish legendaries... not going to bother counting lol

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    There are a lot of legendary Pokemon introduced in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum that people argued weren't really legendaries for various reasons. Heatran falls under that category because it has a gender and it's not "uber" class in competitive battling.

However, it's still technically a legendary Pokemon because there were legends told about it in the past - the main one being that it's rampages are said to make Stark Mountain erupt. Also, the fact that there is only one in each of the games noted above signifies it's importance and it's legendary status.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
    Lone:
    Mewtwo
    Arceus
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    3 Beasts
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Weather Trio
    Lake Trio
    Darkrai
    Cresselia
    Regigas

Multiple:
    Deoxys
    Heatran
    Celebi
    Jirachi?
    Manaphy
    Phione
    Bird Trio
    Mew
    Golem Trio
    Lati@s
    Shaymin

How I see it, anyway.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hmm, well I think Heatran may be the embodiment of the inner Earth. Meaning like the crust, mantle and core of the Earth, maybe more so the mantle and core though. It's almost like how Celebi is the forest spirit or embodiment of the forest. Also it may also be that Heatran is a symbol of the rich natural resources that can be found in the Sinnoh region. Such as the steel works and ore. Anyways, that's my idea of why. I know there is a legend about Heatran that is told after defeating the Sinnoh League, but I don't remember what it was.

As for your other question, I don't know if Mewtwo and Arceus are the only unique legendaries, but I do know there are a few legendaries that aren't the only ones. Some of the ones I know of are Lugia, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Phione, etc.

Was the importance of Heatran ever explained in the game or anime? I like your idea of the whole embodiment of inner Earth. Another thing...Heatran could a volcanoe pokemon of some sort. Considering molten lava, co2, et cetera come from volcanoes from inside the Earth Heatran could have been formed from these particles over time..or when some major volcano exploded. I don't know if it's been mentioned but I bet Sinnoh sits on the Ring of Fire..An earthquake could have happened long ago which set off a massive volcano which brought us Heatran.

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years
    Think about this as well, surely if there was only one of each legendary then there would be no such thing as a "Shiny" legendary
    There more than one, but they are extremely rare and have alot of impact on the world so I assume you aren't allowed to go around hunting them all down

Back