• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!

Squirtle Is Life

Casual Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2012
    Hello everyone! I'm Matthew you can call me whatever you desire! As long as it's nothing hateful then it's fine! I love pokemon!(obviously) Specially water pokemon! And I thought this site really looked cool so I decided to join for myself and meet more pokefans!

I've noticed a lot of people in these forums are about 4th and 5th gen pokemon. I'm going to be honest I haven't really got to play those gens. i quit pokemon for awhile. and realized how much I missed it. I always was a fan but, I just got caught up in other stuff. But, i've did everything through 1st-3rd gen. And I plan to buy a ds lite just for the whole fact of wanting to play the 4th and 5th gen games. Especially the gold and silver remakes, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I'm just dying from impatientness and the fact I can trade with whomever. Unlike, old times when people had to find someone to trade with the cord. I was so young back then and it made it difficult to trade through the below 1st-3rd gen. But, I've been using emulators forever and I have a vba emulator that trades so it's pretty cool. But, I want the ds and 4th and 5th gen games I can trade with all kinds of people and the new pokemon and just the new games in general. Like a new beginning :') But, since I haven't got to play those yet. My favorite pokemon game as of now is emerald i've always loved emerald, moving pokemon, battle frontier, the beginning of evs and ivs. It was just amazing. If I seem stupid, sorry haha I am ultimately out of my mind from lack of sleeping.(Also if my typing is bad that's why, sorry! XD)

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • hi there matthew! welcome to the club! trust me, the people in fourth and fifth gen are really good people. It's just that, playing Pokemon, for me, is in its fullest in the latter generations, as the Physical/Special Split is one of the best thing that happened. However, do not worry as some other people frequent the classical boards, though not as common as the fourth and fifth gen. Why not try hopping on in our B2W2 board for speculation? I am sure you'll find yourself enjoyed sooner or later.

Anyway, welcome to PC! Enjoy! :)

Years
  • Hi Matthew.

I am Hikari...

You should play the 4th and 5th Generation games, cos they made battling easier thanks to the physical/special split.

The later generations introduced some of my fave characters, I am a massive fan of several 5th Gen characters (I am totally crushing on Cheren)

Alongside the Pokemon Gaming sections, there's clubs and trivia which are always fun.

If you have questions, contact any staff members!

- Hikari10, 4th & 5th Gen Pokefan

Squirtle Is Life

Casual Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2012
    hi there matthew! welcome to the club! trust me, the people in fourth and fifth gen are really good people. It's just that, playing Pokemon, for me, is in its fullest in the latter generations, as the Physical/Special Split is one of the best thing that happened. However, do not worry as some other people frequent the classical boards, though not as common as the fourth and fifth gen. Why not try hopping on in our B2W2 board for speculation? I am sure you'll find yourself enjoyed sooner or later.

Anyway, welcome to PC! Enjoy! :)
    Thank you, Miltank! I really appreciate you! And I'm sure of that! That's why I want to get the 4th and 5th gens because of all the new and different things about them compared to the older gens! I will get them, Hopefully soon I am so anxious. I've almost filled the 3rd gen emerald pokedex besides the legendaries that take events to get.. And I will definitely check those out, Thank you! And thanks again I'm liking the PC! :D

Hi Matthew.

I am Hikari...

You should play the 4th and 5th Generation games, cos they made battling easier thanks to the physical/special split.

The later generations introduced some of my fave characters, I am a massive fan of several 5th Gen characters (I am totally crushing on Cheren)

Alongside the Pokemon Gaming sections, there's clubs and trivia which are always fun.

If you have questions, contact any staff members!

- Hikari10, 4th & 5th Gen Pokefan
    Hi there, Hikari. Glad to meet you!

I will definitely play the 4th and 5th gen. Rephrase I have to play the 4th and 5th gen games it's a must for me! And I like a lot of them too I know a lot of 4th and 5th gen pokemon cause I study them a lot! Gotta love bulbapedia! And Thank you I will definitely check those out! and Once again Thanks for everything :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Welcome to the PokéCommunity Squirtle! Wow, you had a long introduction and that's nice.

So you're "oldschooler". Well I have played 1st, 2nd gen games and they're nice but I still prefer newer games. Like mR and Hikari said, you should check new gen sections because there are lots of discussions and speculation about upcoming Black and White 2 games. I love new gen games and my favourite is Pearl. Trust me, you're gonna love 4th and 5th generation games. :)

Have fun and remember to read the rules!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Hi Matthew, welcome to PC~

It's always great to see fellow lovers of water types, why don't you have a look at some of the Pokémon clubs, like the Water Pokémon Fan Club or the Team Rocket Fan Club. You should also have a look at the Advance Gen Gaming forum and start up some discussion there. Anyway have fun~

Squirtle Is Life

Casual Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2012
    Welcome to the PokéCommunity Squirtle! Wow, you had a long introduction and that's nice.

So you're "oldschooler". Well I have played 1st, 2nd gen games and they're nice but I still prefer newer games. Like mR and Hikari said, you should check new gen sections because there are lots of discussions and speculation about upcoming Black and White 2 games. I love new gen games and my favourite is Pearl. Trust me, you're gonna love 4th and 5th generation games. :)

Have fun and remember to read the rules!
    I agree I think I will definitely love the 4th and 5th gens although I love 1st and 2nd gen it's hard to put with gameboy color graphics lol that's why I mostly play 3rd gen as of now. And I have been checking those I appreciate everyone showing me cool forums to check out! everyone on this site is friendly and helpful I appreciate it very much! And I think I will too, I really want to play heart gold! Thank you for everything! :D

Hi Matthew, welcome to PC~

It's always great to see fellow lovers of water types, why don't you have a look at some of the Pokémon clubs, like the Water Pokémon Fan Club or the Team Rocket Fan Club. You should also have a look at the Advance Gen Gaming forum and start up some discussion there. Anyway have fun~
    Thanks! And I did not know there was a Water pokemon fan club that's amazing! I love fan clubs and I checked out the advanced gen gaming I was random searching yesterday and found it! And was like that's cool! Anyways, Thank you for being so kind and welcoming and telling me places to check out. I will definitely check those out! Everyone on this site seems so friendly! I'm glad I joined this site! :D
    Thanks for posting! :D

Last edited:

Richard Nixon

Banned
    Years
  • :bandit::bandit:Welcome to PC Matthew. I'm A Fan of water type pokemon aswell. But i prefer fire types. Anway i hope you enjoy it here!

Back