• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello From Texas

Years
  • Hello, PokéCommunity (PC). I've been lurking on and off for almost a week now, and decided I'd give y'all a try. So here I am.
    I started out playing Pokémon Blue (on a gameboy color) and didn't get too far because of how young I was at the time. A some time later I got my first personally owned Pokémon game, Platinum (500 hours). Later on I bought Heartgold in an attempt to complete my collection of legendary Pokemon up to gen. 4. I've also played through Pokémon White and played some of gen. 3.
    I don't play very competitively, and use a diverse ragtag group of Pokémon I've collected and trained to very high levels. This group is as follows:

Giratina (Origin Forme)
    Lvl.: 100
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor [5/5]
    Shadow Force [8/8]
    Thunder [10/10]
    Aura Sphere [20/20]

Groudon
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves:
    Earth Power [10/10]
    Earthquake [10/10]
    Solar Beam [10/10]
    Eruption [7/7]

Blastoise
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    Crunch [15/15]
    Blizzard [6/6]
    Hydro Pump [6/6]
    Hyper Beam [5/5]

Rayquaza
    Nature: Careful
    Outrage [15/15]
    Dragon Pulse [10/10]
    Hyper Beam [6/6]
    Extreme Speef [5/5]

Salamence
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves:
    Earthquake [10/10]
    Crunch [15/15]
    Fly [15/15]
    Fire Blast [7/7]

Torkoal
    Lvl.: 92
    Nature: Hardy
    Moves:
    Iron Defense [15/15]
    Earthquake [10/10]
    Solar Beam [10/10]
    Fire Blast [7/7]

I like to have a diverse set of moves, and tend to have a powerful counter move against your pokémon.
    Happy hunting!

Years
  • Hi there and welcome to PC Lead! Nice to have you ~

I love training my favorites to high levels too, though breeding post game also gives me a lot to do after finishing the main story. Your team looks pretty solid and I'm happy seeing that you've already posted around our Fourth Generation section. Have a good time here, if you need help feel free to ask. :D

Years
  • The reason I had them trained so high is because I use exp. shares to train Pokemon I need to a certain level by playing against the Elite 4 (40+ HoF entries) I currently can beat the E4 using only Groudon and Giratina/Salamence, so I utilize my 5 exp shares. Having Pokemon that can stop a team of 6 in their tracks is very useful. It's not the best route, but it's great for getting Pokemon to a level I can use them more commonly. (E4/Survival Zone/Stark Mt.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh okay, that makes sense. Personally, I'm not a fan of using the Exp. Shares? I guess I like to go the more challenging route to Lv. 100. o.o

After about lvl 45, exp shares become virtually useless. So I find a Lvl 10 Vulpix or lvl 4 Lunatone, then I send it over to Heartgold after exp sharing it to lvl 20-25. >_> (One battle against the elite four can boost a low level to level 20, so if I've filled my four extra slots it will take beating the E4 to get them to level 20-25.
    I think you thought I had trained them to lvl 100 by using the exp share. (I'm not a masochist x_x)

Back