• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, I'm New and would love to get advice on Romhacking

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    Hi there!

You can all call me Dee on this platform to save time and all that jazz.

I've been working on something from the ground up and would love to use Fire Red as a Base for a Romhack I intend to make using old Pokémon I drew (along with some returning ones sprinkled in) back when I was about 14-15 years old.

I downloaded a bunch of stuff, bought an Asus laptop to gain access to a bunch of programs, and even made some cries for this romhack and a sequel hack I intend to make down the road.

But I'm encountering a TON of problems with both G3HS and PGE. Giving me nothing but errors when loading in ROMs of Fire Red (1.1) [attached]
    I have a TON of stuff I started and I kinda don't want it all to be for nothing. :(

If anyone would like to let me know what I can do to prevent these errors and actually get some stuff done for a game, then by all means.
    Also if anyone wants to help me out with Development, I'll be fine with that as well.

Thanks for accepting me into this wonderful community of fans!

Attachments

• Hello, I'm New and would love to get advice on Romhacking
      Gen III Hacking Suite ~ Pokemon FireRed (E) ~ C__Users_Gaming Suite_Desktop_Romhack Programs_Pok.png
      20.1 KB · Views: 27

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Hey there. I'm not sure of how to help you with this issue, but there may definitely be someone who can if you ask in one of the Fan Games sections, if you find the right place to ask. :) Welcome and happy posting ^^

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
    I got an error like that before it wasn't exactly like it but the way I fixed it is I just looked for files that it named on the error and deleted them then redownload the Rom also welcome to the community :) O_0 I play pokemon if you didn't know

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Based on my research FireRed 1.1 is actually a hack, and you'll need a base version of the ROM (1.0).

I had the exact same problem and using a 1.0 ROM has resolved the problem.

Regards,

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Dee! No idea what problem you're encountering since I don't make hacks but hopefully some of the above advice was useful to you! Best of luck! :)

Back