• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello people!! - A wild Juanjo appeared!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    I am Juanjo and I am new in the community, I can't wait to start chatting with you, and become a member.

Of course, I knew about Pokecommunity since 2009 when I arrived at the world of the Rom Hacking of Pokemon but at that moment I didn't have good English skills (my mother tongue is Spanish, I am Colombian) and Whack a Hack was a fantastic community.

But after more than 10 years I finally decided to share my projects and research into this community (not more just read the topics like a ghost).

Of course, my English is better than those days, I finished a master in Robotics in Germany (fully spoken in English and German), and also I can help the community so much due to my veteran experience in ROM Hacking.

Nowadays I am starting a project in decomp [Pokeemerald] and I am trying to learn and get into it. I would love to be willing to help as much as I can to solve ROM Hacking doubts and learn with you about the world of decompilation... On the other hand, I also want to share the research I'm working on, like pathfinding using A* for Pokeemerald or a plugin to automate caves for Porymap.

I also want to chat with you on general Pokemon topics :D, of course, I am a big pokefan.

Last edited:
    Years
    Welcome to the Pokecommunity Juanjo! Glad that you've introduced yourself to us :D Awesome to see a veteran rom hacker join the ranks; I am not one myself, but we have plenty of people willing to learn, and your guidance would be great :)

Since you say you've known this place for over a decade, I have a feeling you already know your way around hehe. Your English is very good, and I love that you also learned German from your masters!

Hope you stick around and also join our discussions often on general Pokemon topics, since we never seem to run out of those. Pretty much everyone on this site is a Pokefan to a degree :D

Enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any questions regarding the site. I and other moderators would be glad to help out :)

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    Hello, Juanjo!

Welcome to Pokecommunity! I hope you have lots of fun here and find what you're searching for! =)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh man, that's great that you decided to share your work with us! Welcome to the community and thank you, Juanjo!

Back