• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello. Rate my team please.

Flarebliss

Charmed...
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    Hello!
    I just wanted to know how my team would fair with other team. Though, I know I wouldn't want to sub out all my pokes but alittle help would be appropriate. Most of my pokes are odd balls but I seem to make it work.

Azumarill(Acquanetta)
    trait:Huge power
    Nature:Adamant
    EV:252 att/252 HP/4 speed
    Moves: Aqua Jet/ Aqua Tail/ Double-Edge/ Ice punch
    Held item: Sea incense

Luxray(Panthera)
    trait:Intimidate
    EV:252 att/252 HP/ 4 speed
    Moves: Crunch/ Quick Attack/ Wild Charge/ Superpower
    Held item: Magnet

Marowak(Ossa)
    trait:Rock Head
    EV:252 att/252 Def/4 HP
    Moves: Bonemerang/ Double -Edge/ Iron Defence/ ThunderPunch
    Held item: Thick Club

Scizor(Buzzkill)
    trait:Technician
    EV:252 att/252 Speed/4 def
    Moves: Bug Bite/ Bullet Punch/ Swords Dance/ Acrobatics
    Held item: Flying gem

Ambipom(FacePalm)
    trait:Technician
    EV:252 att/252 Speed/ 4 HP
    Moves: Fake Out/ Fling/ Last Resort
    Held item: King's Rock
    Notes: I've had many people D/C on me when I have him as my lead. Lol.

Hounchkrow(NightStalk)
    trait:Super Luck
    EV:252 att/252 speed/4 HP
    Moves: Brave Bird/ Confuse Ray/ Drill Peck/ Night Slash
    Held item: Razor Claw

Rate accordingly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • First off, use a Choice Band on Azumarill to give power to all of its attacks, not just your STABs. I'd also use Waterfall over Aqua Tail because while Azumarill has modest bulk, it can't afford a miss from Aqua Tail.

TBH, while Luxray's physical movepool is decent, most of its moves don't have enough power. But you can use Ice Fang instead of Crunch for better coverage against Ground Pokemon (give Luxray Air Balloon or Life Orb).

Archeops can use Flying Gem better than Scizor can, so I'd rather use Superpower or Brick Break instead of Acrobatics to deal with Steels (change the item to Leftovers or Life Orb (or Iron Plate/Metal Coat if you have to))

Marowak is...meh. Sure, Thick Club-boosted attacks hurt, but I feel you could use some Speed in the form of Dugtrio for revenge killing:
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Life Orb
    Ability: Arena Trap

Ambipom's set is a bit gimmicky at best. The standard lead Ambipom set is more reliable, but if you're dead set on that Ambipom set of yours, be my guest:
    -Fake Out
    -Return/Double Hit
    -Low Sweep
    -U-turn
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Silk Scarf
    Ability: Technician

Honchkrow isn't very good without Heat Wave or Superpower, it's stopped cold by Steels without them:
    -Night Slash
    -Brave Bird
    -Superpower
    -Heat Wave
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Razor Claw
    Ability: Super Luck

Flarebliss

Charmed...
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    It's those little things that people seem to forget. I love your ideas! I'll get to work on those pokes. Thank you very much. If anyone wants to add something, feel free to do so!

Years
  • Hi Flarebliss.

You have the right idea with your spread and nature on Azumarill, although I've made a few changes.

Azumarill(Acquanetta)
    trait:Huge power
    EV:252 att/252 HP/4 speed
    Moves: Aqua Jet/Waterfall/Superpower/ Ice punch
    Held item: Choice Band

To summarize the changes, Azumarill really needs a Choice Band to revenge kill Pokemon better, since CB Aqua Jet can take out Excadrill, whereas an unboosted one, cannot. While Choice Band locks you into one move, it provides a great amount of power, but it also demands prediction. If your opponent has a Pokemon that can take an Aqua Jet, then you might want to use a move that it can't absorb with ease, this guide might be worth reading, as well.

Luxray isn't really a good Pokemon, I reccomend you swap it out for Thundurus:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
    4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
    Timid Nature
    Trait: Prankster

-Nasty Plot
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power [Ice]

You might want to go with Hippowdon over Marowak [or Dugtrio, as Platinumdude suggested], to give you a powerful wall and the ability to set up weather.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    252 HP/152 Def/104 SpDef
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Impish Nature

-Earthquake
    -Ice Fang
    -Slack Off
    -Stealth Rock

Scizor looks fine, although you may want to have Superpower over Acrobatics, it really helps a ton with beating other Steel types.

For Ambipom and Honchkrow, just follow what PD suggested.

Flarebliss

Charmed...
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    Thank you so much. I know that I would want to stay with my Luxray but i'll check out your set. Hopefully, I'll be able to pull off the new changes.

Back