• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Trainers!

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
Years
  • Hello all!

I'm a long time Pokemon fan who finally decided to join in. I got into the series through the anime in the first gen, but since I didn't have a handheld then, my first Pokemon game was actually Stadium (which was pretty hilarious since I had no idea what I was doing). The first main-line game I played was Silver after getting it with a Gameboy Color on the Christmas after it's release. One of my best childhood memories.

I've long since abandoned the anime, but I still love the games. I've played at least one main-line version of each gen plus the remakes, and am crazy hyped for X and Y! Unfortunately, none of my friends are much into gaming, so I'm hoping to find some fellow trainers to trade/battle with once they're out.

Aside from being a huge otaku, I'm also an wanna-be novelist and game designer and recently started messing around with Pokemon hacking, too. It'll be a while yet, since it's just a small side thing, but I do hope to have a project to share eventually.

Anyway, cheers!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Hello, welcome to PokeCommunity, enjoy your stay here.

How old were you when you first got your Gameboy Color? You must be really lucky that you can play at least one of the main-line in each generations. It great to hear that you are going to buy generation 6. Which Team are you in? I am in #TeamChespin.

Good luck with your Pokemon hacking!:)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Hey TearsOfNightFall wha what is your real name ? By the way hi i am Rhytham and i am happy you joined here in PC And don't forget to read the rules of forum you visit and best of luck for the things here. Ya i know how it feel when only you become one who plays games it also happen with me. And don't be shy to give me a friend request and please make a lot of friends. So you are making a hack :) very very interesting i am also making a hack :) huh huh by the way please invite me if you like !

And yes i am also too excited about X & Y and lets tell you about PC OK !
    You can do many things here like customizing your profile picture,avatar, location, signature etc etc and you can also make your own hack and publish them to public in Emulation &ROM hacking forum in the hack showcase but you need to write the things required for the thread just complete the requirement and make the thread and if it not open in between 26 -27 hour just PM to the moderators and don't forget to make too many friends here so best of luck

Years
  • Hello right back at you, TearsOfNightfall! o/ I love the Flareon avatar. Always amazing to see more fans of the little guy.

Haha I can relate to not knowing what you were doing back then as a kid, Stadium was one of my first Pokemon games and most of the time I forgot all about types and just used whatever the strongest move was. Luckily it was a pretty easy game so I managed to get through things that way. :D; Did you ever try Stadium 2? That one was a huge improvement and so ridiculously fun (especially the minigames).

You'll find a lot of other Pokefans here who are avid traders and battles (or hackers and etc) so this is a cool forum to dive into; we're glad you chose PC. I've heard hacking was difficult to start learning but once you get the hang of it things become much, much easier. Hopefully that is the case!

See you around and pleasure meeting you. Stick around foreeever and ever. (=

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
    Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcomes!

How old were you when you first got your Gameboy Color? You must be really lucky that you can play at least one of the main-line in each generations. It great to hear that you are going to buy generation 6. Which Team are you in? I am in #TeamChespin.

Hmm, I'd have been about 11 if I remember correctly. I'm planning to get both X and Y if I can and go with Fennekin and Froakie, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably say #TeamFroakie as I prefer its final evo. Chespin is pretty cool too, though. This is actually the first gen where I like all the starters a lot.

Hello Welcome to PC, Hope ye' have a Good time here anyways if your interested in Hacking Roms you can go to the Emulation & ROM Hacking section and I checked your Game "Happy Birthday" and I think you're gonna be a great Game Designer!

Yeah, I've dug through that section a bit in the past and it's been really helpful so far! And thanks for the vote of confidence :)

Hey TearsOfNightFall wha what is your real name ?

It's Andrea, or Andy. I also go by 'Tears' a lot online. I'm not too picky, really. Good luck with your hack, too!

Hello right back at you, TearsOfNightfall! o/ I love the Flareon avatar. Always amazing to see more fans of the little guy.

Haha I can relate to not knowing what you were doing back then as a kid, Stadium was one of my first Pokemon games and most of the time I forgot all about types and just used whatever the strongest move was. Luckily it was a pretty easy game so I managed to get through things that way. :D; Did you ever try Stadium 2? That one was a huge improvement and so ridiculously fun (especially the minigames).

Yeah, it's too bad it has such a limited movepool, but I still have a soft-spot for the fiery fluffball. Loved Stadium 2! I knew the ropes by then and spent hours advancing through the gyms and playing those minigames with friends. It was easily my favorite N64 game.

I've heard hacking was difficult to start learning but once you get the hang of it things become much, much easier. Hopefully that is the case!

Yeah, so far that pretty much sums it up. It's been a matter of learning different tools and how they work together, but now that I've got the basics down it is a lot easier.

Anyway, nice meeting all of you!

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • Hello fellow wannabe writer. :7: I've always loved writing stories though I never thought myself good enough for a professional level. I really love your username and your avatar. Eeveelutions are my favorite Pokemon.

I've got very fond memories of Pokemon Stadium as well. I especially loved the minigames. Some of them were pretty funny like Clefairy says. Who doesn't enjoy being bonked on the head with a toy hammer because they can't dance? :7:

Anywho, welcome to PC. I hope you find yourself comfortable here. Most of us are pretty friendly, so don't be shy! :D Feel free to drop me a message if you want to chat or have any questions. :7:

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
    Years
  • Hey, thanks for the welcome! Eevee and co. are definitely some of my favorites, too.

Haha, yeah, Clefairy Says was a lot of fun. Egg Emergency and the rattata one were some of my other favorites back then.

Good luck with your writing :)

Back