• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    I'm new! X3

I found out about this thread after looking at the Pokemon Uranium fangame on youtube, which has inspired me and some friends of mine to give making our own game a try.

Hope to make some friends here as well :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You should give it a try! From what I've heard it's pretty fun to plan it all, and even more fun to work on with your friends. :D You guys should get into a team sometime. ^_^

Welcome to the community, though. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Let me point you to the Game Development section of the forum. It's a pretty large section, where you can pretty much get everything you need for your game, including help & advice on using some of the tools the forum has here. Plus, all the help you need from our awesome members here. ^_^

Meanwhile, explore what PC also offers besides GD. Discussions about Pokemon, as well as battling & trading forums for you to enjoy. There's soooo much to do here, you'll probably end up being on here for... maybe a few hours. xD

Buuuuut alrighty then. Have a fab time here, and read the rules while you're at it. :) Drop me a message if you get confused with something & I'll be there to assist ya.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Welcome! (⌒▽⌒) game development? That sounds interesting, I too young to really understand, but there will be plenty people to help you in the game design section! Good luck and have fun!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hello there and welcome aboard, CapricornPsyche! Yes, your new! And this is definitely the place if you want to join a Pokemon board. It's great to see that a game made by our very own PC members had brought you here. Was it Pokemon Uranium? Hmm, I've seen it before. I'm not sure if it's a fangame though, because I do think that it was a hack, a Pokemon hack specifically in which PC holds the most active and the largest English ROM-hacking board in the web!

Yes, either the Game Development or Emulation section will do if you & your friends is interested to do a game. I'm making myself one, which is also one of the reasons I joined this place but I got eventually into the whole board and so I decided to become active as well aside from making games only! I'm sure that you will find both section helpful as they are kind of connected to each other, the only different is that the tools that you use, but the skills that you will need to enhance are pretty much the same such as spriting, mapping, and etc! ;]

I doubt it if you couldn't make any friends, this board is pretty huge and I'm sure as long as you keep on interacting with members through discussions, you will eventually make some! So aside from the two boards that I mentioned, you might wanna check others out as well! There are definitely lots of things PC offers, and I assure you that you will have lots of fun here. :D

If you still haven't given the rules a read by the way, then make sure to do so now! PC is very strict to its rules, and if you've been into a forum before, I'm sure you're already certain on what are the consequences are when you break any of 'em. So until it's still early, make sure to read it! And of course, follow the rules as always.

Any questions? Don't hesitate to message any staff members around, like Meganium90! If you want to talk by the way, my profile is pretty much open to everyone, so feel free to drop by and leave a message! Enjoy and I'll see you around. o/

The Slowpoke Kid

Slowpoke Collector
    Years
    Hello! Welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure there are plenty of people versed in creating a game that would be more than happy to help you should you run into any trouble. Good luck and I hope to see (and play) your work someday.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Pokemon Uranium? i think it will be found in the Game Development section. You try it out and maybe you will fin what you are looking for. :)

anyway, welcome to PC! see you around!

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    Thank you all! ^^ I have read the rules too and will check back on them often, so no worries about me having an evil plot, lol! XD

Also plan to utilize the resources here as much as possible too! 8D

Back