• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    Hi. I love Pokemon and I love being part of communities. I've been playing pokemon for years and my favorite pokemon is Gengar. In the past 5 years I've begun playing it a little more competitively, I am still learning and in no way good, but I still enjoy playing it. I'm excited for Arceus. Thanks for reading my introduction.

Years
  • Welcome to the forums! ^^

Do you have a favorite generation/set of games?

You said you're into competitive as well. Do you play in a specific tier online (Showdown) or do you prefer battling people online on the actual cartridges?

Years
  • Welcome Methodical! Gengar's great I agree. I believe we used to have a section here for Competitive Battling but I can't seem to find it anymore. Either they took it out or I have the worst eyes :p Either way, we still have a competitive-battling channel on the official Discord :3 Be sure to check out the Legends Arceus section too!

Enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any :)

Years
  • Hello ^.^
    Not a fan of competitive myself, but good luck in your battles anyway =3

Did you pre-purchase L:A or are you waiting to buy it after release ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    Welcome to the forums! ^^

Do you have a favorite generation/set of games?

You said you're into competitive as well. Do you play in a specific tier online (Showdown) or do you prefer battling people online on the actual cartridges?

I enjoy 2nd Gen of Pokemon. A lot of the Pokemon had a nice aesthetic to them compared to a lot of the later generations.

I don't like Showdown. I prefer playing on the cartridges. I am at greatball level which isn't too high but got close to ultraball tier a couple of seasons ago.

Hello ^.^
    Not a fan of competitive myself, but good luck in your battles anyway =3

Did you pre-purchase L:A or are you waiting to buy it after release ?

Thank you :)

Yes. I have. I like getting pre-order bonuses even if they aren't that much.

Welcome Methodical! Gengar's great I agree. I believe we used to have a section here for Competitive Battling but I can't seem to find it anymore. Either they took it out or I have the worst eyes :p Either way, we still have a competitive-battling channel on the [redacted link] :3 Be sure to check out the [readacted link] section too!

Enjoy your stay, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any :)

Yeah I found the forum update thread talking about that section being archived. I am guessing there aren't too many competitive players in this community and that's fine. I just wanted to be part of a Pokemon community and join in conversation relating to the older and new generations. I don't use discord too much but I will join it eventually. Thanks for the welcome.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome to the community! I also joined for the competitive scene… 10 years ago. I really loved the meta game but I was probably the worst player on the entire server haha. I had so much fun building teams though. Wish I had kept up with it into this generation. Keep up the training and fighting and I bet you'll hit ultraball in no time! :)

Also your Gengar avatar is badass.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    Welcome to the community! I also joined for the competitive scene… 10 years ago. I really loved the meta game but I was probably the worst player on the entire server haha. I had so much fun building teams though. Wish I had kept up with it into this generation. Keep up the training and fighting and I bet you'll hit ultraball in no time! :)

Also your Gengar avatar is badass.

Wow. So, you're a veteran. The competitive scene right now isn't too exciting. They're allowed restricted pokemon and then next season you will be allowed two restricted pokemon. So you can imagine that the whole game is just filled with legendaries and mythicals. But it's still fun trying out different variants of pokemon to try and combat the meta.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

Back