• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm from Chile, I speak both in spanish and english and I'm new to the forums.

I began my Pokémon journey around 2007 with Emerald and since then, I've put hundreds of hours on every generation raising Pokémon for battles and filling my Pokédex.

One of the things that I love in Pokémon is trading with people from many different places, that's why some of my favourite features were the Geonet globe in Gens 4/5 and Wonder Trade in Gens 6/7.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! :)

Years
  • Hello!

Did you manage to complete the PokeDex in Emerald?
    Personally I never bothered in the older games as I was always missing the mythicals and had no way of getting them back then. My first full PokeDex completion was in Shield =D

Do you have a preference for a type with the starters or do you pick whichever you like the best regardless of type?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey everyone, I'm from Chile, I speak both in spanish and english and I'm new to the forums.

I began my Pokémon journey around 2007 with Emerald and since then, I've put hundreds of hours on every generation raising Pokémon for battles and filling my Pokédex.

One of the things that I love in Pokémon is trading with people from many different places, that's why some of my favourite features were the Geonet globe in Gens 4/5 and Wonder Trade in Gens 6/7.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! :)
    Welcome to PC! Nice to have you with us from the southern hemisphere :) What's the season/weather there like right now?

Ah, a pokédex filler, impressive! I've always been too lazy to try to find them all... Not really a completionist gamer. But the journey is fun too, the very chase to get them all, I reckon. I have wonder traded a lot though, love the feature! I used it (a bit too much maybe) early on in my Omega Ruby run ahha and got pokémon from Kalos and places I shouldn't be able to access yet, so was able to build a really neat team after only a couple of gyms. Cheating? Nah, like you I think pokémon is supposed to be a trading game, so it's all in the right spirit!

I hope you'll have fun hanging around the forums. There's a lot of different discussion areas depending on topic - both for pokémon and for other things. If you ever feel lost, don't hesitate to hit a friendly user up with a message :) See you around!

Years
  • Hello, Vicenteis, and welcome to the forums!
    I am happy to hear you have enjoying playing Pokémon since Emerald!
    If you like TCG, the Pokémon Trading Card Game section is there for you! What are your favourite cards ?

It is nice to meet you!

Thanks! I've never played the TCG so I don't really know much about it but I really like the cards with Yuka Morii's illustrations.

Hello!

Did you manage to complete the PokeDex in Emerald?
    Personally I never bothered in the older games as I was always missing the mythicals and had no way of getting them back then. My first full PokeDex completion was in Shield =D

Do you have a preference for a type with the starters or do you pick whichever you like the best regardless of type?

Sadly I couldn't complete it in Emerald as I didn't have a Link Cable so there was no way to trade between me and my friends but I managed to obtain every Pokémon that was available without trading. With the inclusion of online play in Gen 4, I didn't have that problem anymore so I managed to complete most of the Pokédexes in posterior games. Congrats for completing your Dex in Shield btw! I remember doing a lot of raids to complete that one.

As for the starters, I usually pick the one whose design I like the most, regardless of type. But out of all of them, my favorite one has to be Mudkip, I even bought a plushie of it when I visited Nintendo NY a few years ago haha

Welcome to PC! Nice to have you with us from the southern hemisphere :) What's the season/weather there like right now?

Ah, a pokédex filler, impressive! I've always been too lazy to try to find them all... Not really a completionist gamer. But the journey is fun too, the very chase to get them all, I reckon. I have wonder traded a lot though, love the feature! I used it (a bit too much maybe) early on in my Omega Ruby run ahha and got pokémon from Kalos and places I shouldn't be able to access yet, so was able to build a really neat team after only a couple of gyms. Cheating? Nah, like you I think pokémon is supposed to be a trading game, so it's all in the right spirit!

I hope you'll have fun hanging around the forums. There's a lot of different discussion areas depending on topic - both for pokémon and for other things. If you ever feel lost, don't hesitate to hit a friendly user up with a message :) See you around!

Currently, it's summer so it's really hot! But thankfully I'm on break so I've been going to beach a lot and playing Pokémon in my free time as well.

Yeah, exactly! The journey for me is a really fun experience, and once I'm done it's really satisfactory to reflect upon everything I've done to get there. It's nice to hear that you enjoy wonder trade too, I've done some wonderlockes in the past and I've been able to build great teams with the Pokémon that I've received in them.

Ah, a fellow Pokedex filler! Welcome!

Are you playing any newer Gen pokemon games?
    And if so, how do you think they compare to the older Gen games?

The newest game that I played was Shield but my Switch broke in early 2020 so I haven't been able to play the games that came after it. In my opinion, the newer games are still a lot of fun but even with a lot of QOL features that they've added, things like the Pokédex cut, the shorter postgame and the mostly linear routes make me prefer the older titles honestly. But still, I'd love to get a chance to play PLA, SV and the newer titles in the future!

BTW, thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Back