• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Try this

Code:
    16   @sprites["card"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
    17    @sprites["card"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trcard.png")
    18    @sprites["overlay"]=Sprite.new(@viewport)
    19   @sprites["overlay"].bitmap=Bitmap.new(Graphics.width,Graphics.height) 
    20   pbSetSystemFont(@sprites["overlay"].bitmap)
     21 pbDrawTrainerCardFront
    22  if $PokemonGlobal.trainerRecording
    23   $PokemonGlobal.trainerRecording.play

Years
    Thanks Venom, that was what I needed. Ok so now that's out the way- I was wondering what i'd need to do to have the TrainerCard just appear (as so you could see behind it), rather than have it's own screen.

I've deleted this
    Code:
    [B]
      @sprites["background"]=Plane.new(@viewport)
     @sprites["background"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trcardbg.png")[/B]
    But that just leaves me with the trainer card on a black background.

Years
    Hello guuuuys! :D Have a qeustion to do with the wild pokemon encounters. See when you set them in the Visual Editor? Do i have to make it so that there is that many encounters. Like say i just wanted wild Pikachus & Eevees with a Lv. range from 5 to 10 do i have to set like half of them to Pikachu Lv 5-20 and the other half Eevee Lv 5-20??? Or is there a way to just put in the two encounters?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks Venom, that was what I needed. Ok so now that's out the way- I was wondering what i'd need to do to have the TrainerCard just appear (as so you could see behind it), rather than have it's own screen.

I've deleted this
    Code:
    [B] @sprites["background"]=Plane.new(@viewport)[/B]
    [B]@sprites["background"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/trcardbg.png")[/B]
    But that just leaves me with the trainer card on a black background.
    Just remove the pbFadeout method in the menu when you call the trainer card.

Years
    I have looked around and also tried this myself to no avail. Could somebody please help me with replicating the Zigzagoon event from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald please.

Thanks (RMXP btw) :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    I want to change the sprite of my character when its using surf... i made the sprites but how can i put them in?

thanks in advance!

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    I have yet to get a reply to this problem:

I am working on a RMXP game but I'm having trouble.

I edited the script (PokemonSummary) to meet the standards of my new summary screen.When I moved the pokemon sprite down (10 pixels)
    it worked like this:

Help and Requests

This is what it should look like.

However when I use the right key to go to the summary of the next Pokemon,that Pokemon is moved up 10 pixels back to where it was to start with.If I go back to Azelf It shows this:

Help and Requests

Please help.P.S. Ignore the center of the Pokeball thing.I changed the color with paint bucket.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello guuuuys! :D Have a qeustion to do with the wild pokemon encounters. See when you set them in the Visual Editor? Do i have to make it so that there is that many encounters. Like say i just wanted wild Pikachus & Eevees with a Lv. range from 5 to 10 do i have to set like half of them to Pikachu Lv 5-20 and the other half Eevee Lv 5-20??? Or is there a way to just put in the two encounters?
    Pretty much. Remember that each of the 12 slots (for tall grass and cave encounters - other kinds have different numbers of slots) has a different percentage associated with it - this percentage is how likely the pokémon in that slot will be encountered.

Try something like this (the variation of numbers in this example generally means lower levels are more common, with Level 10's being the rarest at 1.3% chance of each species):

Eevee 5-7
    Pikachu 5-7
    Eevee 5-7
    Eevee 5-7
    Pikachu 6-8
    Pikachu 6-8
    Eevee 7-9
    Pikachu 7-9
    Eevee 8-10
    Pikachu 8-10
    Eevee 9
    Pikachu 9

If you're using an encounter, you must fil up all the spaces allotted for that encounter type, even if you only want to encounter Magikarp Level 5.

I have yet to get a reply to this problem:

I am working on a RMXP game but I'm having trouble.

I edited the script (PokemonSummary) to meet the standards of my new summary screen.When I moved the pokemon sprite down (10 pixels)
    it worked like this:

Help and Requests

This is what it should look like.

However when I use the right key to go to the summary of the next Pokemon,that Pokemon is moved up 10 pixels back to where it was to start with.If I go back to Azelf It shows this:

Help and Requests

Please help.P.S. Ignore the center of the Pokeball thing.I changed the color with paint bucket.
    Have a look at lines 644 and 653, and see if you've changed them. The lines look like the arrowed ones here:

Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
       pbGoToPrevious
       @pokemon=@party[@partyindex]
       @sprites["pokemon"].bitmap.dispose
       @sprites["pokemon"].bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(@pokemon)
    >> pbPositionPokemonSprite(@sprites["pokemon"],16,64)
       dorefresh=true
       pbPlayCry(@pokemon)
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
       pbGoToNext
       dorefresh=true
       pbPlayCry(@pokemon)
      end
    They look suspiciously like they change the position of the pokémon sprite when you change pages, and they should probably be changed to match the coordinates you have on your initial screen.

If I was any more subtle about this I'd be invisible. :D

Years
    I have a few qeustions.

1. I have seen on some hacks that when you enter your name at the intro you can type it in instead of having to select the characters. How do i do this?
    2.In the original Pokemon Yellow, when Oak comes up and stops you from going any further he is attacked by a wild Pikachu. How do i re-create that?
    3.Is there anyway to make the Pikachu follow you?

Thanks

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
    I have a few qeustions.

1. I have seen on some hacks that when you enter your name at the intro you can type it in instead of having to select the characters. How do i do this?
    2.In the original Pokemon Yellow, when Oak comes up and stops you from going any further he is attacked by a wild Pikachu. How do i re-create that?
    3.Is there anyway to make the Pikachu follow you?

Thanks

1 - To make it where you type instead of select letters would involve editing scripts to a point that required a lot of RGSS, which you may or may not have.

2 - After you have Oak come up to you on the event, do this:
    Code:
    pbWildBattle(25,5)
    That should work...

3 - Just make it a dependent event... I think.

Since It doesn't appear like you've read this, file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Pokemon DP Moves Basic/notes.html#notesforpokemonessentials, or you can also go to your starter kit, and select notes. Also, hopefully you kept the test maps with the download, bc it has a lot of scripts you could have just slightly edited, then copy/pasted, rather than having to re-type everything. =|

Years
    1 - To make it where you type instead of select letters would involve editing scripts to a point that required a lot of RGSS, which you may or may not have.

I do not have a lot. :D I suppose i could just try and track down somebody who has put it into there own game and see if they can help.

2 - After you have Oak come up to you on the event, do this:
    Code:
    pbWildBattle(25,5)
    That should work...
    Yeah but will that not make me be againts the Pikachu? I wouldn't have a Pokemon to battle againts it. Or is there a way to set the Wild Battle so that it is Oak and all that happens is he catches it? Just like in Pokemon Yellow.

3 - Just make it a dependent event... I think.
    Yeah ok i will try that. So if
    Kernel.pbAddDependency2(ID, "XXX", COMMONEVENT)

is the script i use then how do i edit it so that it is a Pikachu that follows me?

Since It doesn't appear like you've read this, file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Pokemon DP Moves Basic/notes.html#notesforpokemonessentials, or you can also go to your starter kit, and select notes. Also, hopefully you kept the test maps with the download, bc it has a lot of scripts you could have just slightly edited, then copy/pasted, rather than having to re-type everything. =|
    Well to be honest i have only read some parts of it. :D

Thanks for your help :D

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years

Have a look at lines 644 and 653, and see if you've changed them. The lines look like the arrowed ones here:

Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
       pbGoToPrevious
       dorefresh=true
       pbPlayCry(@pokemon)
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
       pbGoToNext
       dorefresh=true
       pbPlayCry(@pokemon)
      end
    They look suspiciously like they change the position of the pokémon sprite when you change pages, and they should probably be changed to match the coordinates you have on your initial screen.

If I was any more subtle about this I'd be invisible. :D

Thank you!I gotcha' loud and clear!It works fine now.

One more thing though.The map connections don't seem to work when done by the visual editor. How can I fix this?

Years
    For anybody that wants to know how to make a Pokemon evolve when leveled up at a certain location here is how. :D

1. Open up the script editor (F11 in RMXP).
    2. Look down the list on the left for PokemonEvolution.
    3. Now go to line 535.
    4. Replace "# Custom 1" with "Evolves if at certain location"
    5. Now underneath that where it says "# Add code for custom evolution type 1" replace it with

Code:
    return poke if $game_map.map_id == level
    6. Click Apply then OK.
    7. Go to PBS/pokemon.txt and find the Pokemon you want to give an evolution too.
    8. I will use Nosepass as an example. Where it says Evolutions= add "PROBOPASS,Custom1,X," where X is the map id of the map you want it too evolve at. (If the map id is 001 you can just make it 1. So if it was 089 you would just make it 89)

Hope that helped somebody :D

dukecrescentlovevia .

waiting for new laptop ! !
    Years
    Pokecommunity gamedevelopers help mee . .
    i installed the rmxp but it shows the trial number error when i opened it .
    i know there are some tutorial and i saw it , but i use windows XP . .
    i dont know what to do . i check the requirements but there are no problems . ,.
    also , when i download the other rmxp , with the other languages . . (cancel : cancalar ; install : installar . . what 's is that language . .)
    it worked ! without no kinds of errors , sumbody helppp . .
    how to make my laptop acccept rmxp english version , .

Years
    Got a tileset problem. Im using kyledove's tileset and i want to make a mountain area. My problem is below:

Help and Requests

See the gaps? How do i make it so it looks like it does ingame?

Thanks

Years
    The way I did it was placing those inner corner tiles in the layer above, with one of the central tiles underneath. Either that, or edit the tileset. :)

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Okay, I've got a problem using the "mount bike script" in an event:

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined local variable or method `pb' for #<Interpreter:0xbfdb668>

***Full script:

pb.MountBike

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   

What the heck, is wrong?

Thanks in Advance~

//44tim44

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back