• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help finish my team!

Years
I've been trying to build a new Gen V OU singles team with some of the allstars from my old teams. I have 4 members so far and I have two spots left to fill with some other Pokemon.

I'm thinking maybe some kind of bulky water type but I don't know I'm kind of stuck on what I should try.

Please keep in mind that I'm building this in White2 so everything has to be 100% legit and accessible to the games

TEAM SO FAR:

Lucario (m) @Choice Specs
Trait: Steadfast
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My specially offensive Lucario. I find it to be so helpful when my opponent assumes he is a regular physical lucario, especially considering how typical all my other team members are. Psychic and Shadow Ball have saved my life more times than I can remember when someone switches in to a Psychic or slow fighting type Pokemon. Hidden Power removes a lot of threat from dragons and is extra coverage over Dragon Pulse.

Scizor (m) @Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- U-Turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Pretty standard U-Turn Technician Scizor. I gave him Aerial ace to take advantage of Technician and U-Turn over Bug Bite for easy switching.
Superpower now replaces Aerial Ace as PlatinumDude has recommended to take care of Heatran on switching.

Salamence (m) @Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

I think this exact Salamence set is on Smogon, he is my late game sweeper. Cleans up with Outrage and the Scarf lets me outspeed other dragons including Garchomp.

Gliscor (m) @Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Impish Nature (+Def, - SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Standard Toxic stall set. I like using him because my friends get severely frustrated when they can't do anything to me. He carries Earthquake in case I get taunted and/or if Salamence is out prematurely.

What do you guys think? I need two more members to wrap up this team, I find I have good synergy between Scizor, Lucario and Salamence usually although I do have a few obvious weaknesses to exploit, like fire and ice.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Offensive Swords Dance Scizor should use a max Attack/max Speed spread to outspeed walls. Superpower/Brick Break is still preferred because it hits Heatran on the switch. U-turn wipes away any boosts that Scizor has accumulated by removing it from battle:
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics/Bug Bite
-Superpower
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem/Life Orb
Ability: Technician

Have you considered Jellicent? It resists Fire/Ice:
-Scald/Night Shade/Shadow Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Taunt
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Item: Leftovers

or
-Scald
-Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/40 Def/220 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb

or
-Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
-Ice Beam/Giga Drain
Nature: Modest
EVs: 172 HP/252 SAtk/84 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb

I dunno how to fill in the last slot, though.

Years
I might have a look into Jellicent. As for Scizor, I might redo the EVs to max out speed then and give it Superpower, I'm keeping U-Turn however.

So I still need one more 'mon. Jellicent and who else, anyone?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I might have a look into Jellicent. As for Scizor, I might redo the EVs to max out speed then and give it Superpower, I'm keeping U-Turn however.

So I still need one more 'mon. Jellicent and who else, anyone?

If Scizor is using U-turn, it's best used for bulky Swords Dance Scizor to let it scout early to mid game.

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
I'm not really into hardcore competitive battling, so I don't know if this would be a good recommendation, but anyway:

How about a Bold natured Blissey with Natural cure ability, maxed in hp and the other EVs spread in defense and special def? Teach it Toxic, soft boiled, stealth rock (breeded) / Protect, and Minimize.

Boom! you have a healing tank capable of taking hits that will watch 4 pokes die slowly but surely before it gets in the danger zone itself. :)
The reason I'm recommending this is because my own Blissey's such a valuable key pokemon in my team herself! ^^

Back