• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Identifying a Card Please! Breloom/Combee Error?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Hi everyone. I bought a box of Pokemon cards and found a strange one.

It is Combee card from Diamond & Pearl Stormfront but the top bar shows Breloom as the name with Breloom's level (40) and HP (100) rather than Combee's level (12) and HP (50). The rest of the card looks fine for Combee's data. Has anyone ever seen one of these cards? Seems like a misprint to me but I can't find any info on it online.

Unfortunately I cannot share a link to a picture of the card until I have 5 posts. I will share a picture as soon as I can.

Thank you everyone for any help you can give!

Years
  • Hi everyone. I bought a box of Pokemon cards and found a strange one.

It is Combee card from Diamond & Pearl Stormfront but the top bar shows Breloom as the name with Breloom's level (40) and HP (100) rather than Combee's level (12) and HP (50). The rest of the card looks fine for Combee's data. Has anyone ever seen one of these cards? Seems like a misprint to me but I can't find any info on it online.

Unfortunately I cannot share a link to a picture of the card until I have 5 posts. I will share a picture as soon as I can.

Thank you everyone for any help you can give!

Upload a picture as an attachment to your next post in this thread, please. It sounds like a fake from your description, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I dont see how to upload a file as an attachment. Here is a parsed out link though, maybe it will let me do this?

ww
    w.hazardhomebrewing.o
    rg/wp-co
    ntent/uploads/2016/07/IMG_6678.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Just put together the 4 lines and you'll have the link to the picture. If this is a fake, it's a surprisingly good one. Please let me know what you think!

Years
  • Sorry for this late response, but I have looked deep into the web for this, and it appears while that specific card is from the set 'Stormfront', it shows the set symbol for 'Secret Wonders' in the bottom right corner.

It has all of the information from the Stormfront's Combee, with the exception of the Breloom's name and level 40. So, my overall assumption is that it is a very, very nicely put together fake. I mean, if not, you have a one-of-a-kind misprint, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for that.

Anyway, that's all I can see. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Years
  • Could have sworn I came back and replied to this thread.

I dont see how to upload a file as an attachment. Here is a parsed out link though, maybe it will let me do this?

ww
    w.hazardhomebrewing.o
    rg/wp-co
    ntent/uploads/2016/07/IMG_6678.jpg

Just put together the 4 lines and you'll have the link to the picture. If this is a fake, it's a surprisingly good one. Please let me know what you think!

Sorry for this late response, but I have looked deep into the web for this, and it appears while that specific card is from the set 'Stormfront', it shows the set symbol for 'Secret Wonders' in the bottom right corner.

It has all of the information from the Stormfront's Combee, with the exception of the Breloom's name and level 40. So, my overall assumption is that it is a very, very nicely put together fake. I mean, if not, you have a one-of-a-kind misprint, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for that.

Anyway, that's all I can see. Sorry I couldn't help more.

It's actually not a good fake at all. There's quite a bit wrong with it that I spotted upon opening the picture of the card, chief among the things wrong with it being that nearly every font on the card is the incorrect font. The energy symbols used are also wrong everywhere except for by the HP.

Here is the fake card that bsalapek has, and below/next to it (depending on how it's rendered on your PC) Bulbapedia's scan of the real card:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2020
    Hi everyone. I bought a box of Pokemon cards and found a strange one.

Thank you everyone for any help you can give![/QUOTE

I happen to have one of these cards as well. From the comments on this post and looking at the card myself, I can probably safely confirm it's fake.

Back