• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me find out how much my collection is worth?

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Hello everyone. I have been a collector of pokemon cards since I was a really little kid. I grew up mainly on the original cards and original series but I did collect throughout my childhood so my collection does consist of cards from 1996-2010, but most of the cards I have are the original ones. I have a massive collection I want to get rid of. I have few thousand cards: 3 full binders. 2 full boxes of baseball things and a BUNCH of metal tins of cards. I wanted to know some prices for the cards as I have not the time to look online for each card. I also want to ask some questions.

I have LOTS of the japanese original cards, like the series 1 japanese cards, Pocket monsters right? Are those worth anything?

Also I have LOTS of trainers, can trainers be worth anything? What should I look for?

I will upload some of the pictures and videos I took of my cards. This is only about a third of them. I have 3 of the in box original series starter kits ( I think thats what they are called). Also is it possible for there to be any base set charizards in there? XD

Here are my pictures and some videos of me flipping through some of the books just to give an idea.
    I plan on taking pictures of each page individually sometime soon.

Attachments

• Help me find out how much my collection is worth?
      IMG_2705.jpg
      673.5 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_2704.MOV
      3.9 MB
    • IMG_2707.MOV
      3.8 MB
      IMG_2708.jpg
      877.6 KB · Views: 11
      IMG_2709.jpg
      865.5 KB · Views: 7
    Years
    Hello everyone. I have been a collector of pokemon cards since I was a really little kid. I grew up mainly on the original cards and original series but I did collect throughout my childhood so my collection does consist of cards from 1996-2010, but most of the cards I have are the original ones. I have a massive collection I want to get rid of. I have few thousand cards: 3 full binders. 2 full boxes of baseball things and a BUNCH of metal tins of cards. I wanted to know some prices for the cards as I have not the time to look online for each card. I also want to ask some questions.

I have LOTS of the japanese original cards, like the series 1 japanese cards, Pocket monsters right? Are those worth anything?

Also I have LOTS of trainers, can trainers be worth anything? What should I look for?

I will upload some of the pictures and videos I took of my cards. This is only about a third of them. I have 3 of the in box original series starter kits ( I think thats what they are called). Also is it possible for there to be any base set charizards in there? XD

Here are my pictures and some videos of me flipping through some of the books just to give an idea.
    I plan on taking pictures of each page individually sometime soon.

1. It's completely dependent on which ones you have for the Japanese cards. Some will be worth dramatically more than others.

2. It's completely dependent on which Trainers you have. Some will be worth dramatically more than others.

Since that's so many cards posted already and I don't really have a whole lot of energy right now, I'll just do the top row of cards in your first picture:

Dark Raichu 83/82 Team Rocket: $3 to $5 seems to be a typical price for it.
    1st Edition Jungle Electrode: $8 to $12.
    Dark Charizard 21/82: $3 to $5.
    Base Set 2 Charizard: $25 to $35.

I'm giving them as ranges based on what I'm seeing them go for most frequently on eBay in recent sold listings.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    wesome thanks. I'll sort through the Japanese cards and the trainer cards.

Are base set 2 and original energies worth anything?\

As for the trainers and Japanese cards, anything to look for? Only rares or holos? Only first editions?

Thanks much

Back