• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me please!! Are these cards fake or? :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    Hi everyone!! This is my very first post in here! :) I really need some help!! I am a huge fan of the old pokemon cards and for some days ago i bought some old Rocket and base set cards and they finally arrived today! But the problem is that 2 of the cards were off centered, i mean that yellow border is thicker some places then other. So does that mean it's a fake card or? The rest seems fine on the cards

The exact 2 cards are:
    Dark dugtrio holo from the team rocket set
    Charizard base set

Sorry for the bad english!
    I really hope that someone can help me out!

Dreamless

Nightmares kept in Bottles
    Years
  • From my perspective, they look real.. There are things you need to check, though.

- Spelling mistakes
    - Anything that is out of place (could possibly be a printing mistake, though.)
    - Compare the type symbol to other cards of the same expansion. Sometimes, fake type symbols will be a different size, colour or slightly offset.
    - Text size and font

TL;DR: Anything out of place or downright wrong will make your cards a suspected - and likely - fake. From what I can see, though, these are real.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    Hi dreamless! Thank you very much for taking your time to answer me! I can't find any spelling mistakes, the sympols are also fine and i would say that text size and font is fine too! But can't it be sometimes really hard to tell with the font? I have tried to a look at 2 cards and making myself so confused. xD

Dreamless

Years
  • From what I can tell, the font is not a fake font. I'm unsure whether older cards use a different font - I compared it to one of the newest from BREAKpoint as it was sat next to me xD - but I don't think older cards differ in font.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    Yeah i dont know either if they do or don't! ^^ But have you noticed the yellow border on my dugtrio is thicker in some places, like in the left side is not as thick as the right side, but that doesn't have to mean its fake? :)

Dreamless

Years
  • Ah, good spotting! That could mean it is a fake, yes. Sadly. If you don't mind me asking, how did you obtain these cards?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    Oh nooo. :-(( I bought them from a dansih web store, cause i am from denmark. ^^ Its called kelz0r and you can get every kind of cards in there magic card, yu-gi-oh, pokemon cards and so on. And i have also bought other cards from there where the yellow border was perfectly centered. But i think they get their cards home from somewhere else if that makes sense

Hi donavannj! I really hope that they just are miscuts!! If you at a point get time it would mean alot to me if you could check them out too! :)

If needed i can take pictures of their back too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Oh nooo. :-(( I bought them from a dansih web store, cause i am from denmark. ^^ Its called kelz0r and you can get every kind of cards in there magic card, yu-gi-oh, pokemon cards and so on. And i have also bought other cards from there where the yellow border was perfectly centered. But i think they get their cards home from somewhere else if that makes sense

Hi donavannj! I really hope that they just are miscuts!! If you at a point get time it would mean alot to me if you could check them out too! :)

If needed i can take pictures of their back too :)

I've gotten a look and nothing at all about the fronts seem off. All the fonts are perfect, all the Energy symbols are perfect, etc.

A quick look at the back wouldn't hurt, though.

Also, please refrain from posting after your own posts during the same 24 hour period. Either edit your last post or wait 24 hours between consecutive posts. Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    I've gotten a look and nothing at all about the fronts seem off. All the fonts are perfect, all the Energy symbols are perfect, etc.

A quick look at the back wouldn't hurt, though.

Also, please refrain from posting after your own posts during the same 24 hour period. Either edit your last post or wait 24 hours between consecutive posts. Thank you!

Oh i am sorry! I am new here, thanks for telling me! Well that's a good sign! I am glad that the fonts and energy symbols are perfect!
    I have taken pictures of their backs so you could see if there is anything there!
    And thank you so much for doing this! :)

I took 2 pictures of the charizard card dont know if needed the first without any light and the second with my lamp on :)

Years
  • Oh i am sorry! I am new here, thanks for telling me! Well that's a good sign! I am glad that the fonts and energy symbols are perfect!
    I have taken pictures of their backs so you could see if there is anything there!
    And thank you so much for doing this! :)

View attachment 78304

View attachment 78305

View attachment 78306

I took 2 pictures of the charizard card dont know if needed the first without any light and the second with my lamp on :)

Those card backs look authentic to me. I see no flaws.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    Those card backs look authentic to me. I see no flaws.

Thanks for taking ur time to look at the cards!! I am glad it all seems to be fine so i quess we can conclude that they are real but with a little miscut or just off centered a bit :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    I can confirm this, there's nothing suspect.
    I know it's useless to say that but if you need a second opinion

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    I can confirm this, there's nothing suspect.
    I know it's useless to say that but if you need a second opinion

It's not useless! Thank you very much for your time and opinion!! Always nice with some more opinions! :) I am so happy that they are real! :D

Back