• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me with my game Pokemon Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
Years
  • GAAAAAAAAH I spent like 30 minutes typing my last thread up and it told me I couldn't post a url for my image so I had to restart!!! This one will be short.

Heya I am a noob I don't care I want to learn how to hack I was inspired by Zel but he didn't finish his hack yet and I was bored so I decided to make my own.

My Ideas:

Basics:
    Name: Pokemon Freedom
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Region: Tokato
    Professor: Willow *A woman omg*

Story:
    You are called downstairs when you wake up from choosing your character and name and some other stuff and meet your grandpa who sends you off to Willow's Lab she isn't there so you have to go find her it turns out she was actually at your house upstairs playing your Wii and after making up some lies she remembers you were gonna get your first pokemon so she offers you 3 she caught earlier. You are then sent off to get a taco for her from the next town up and battle/tell her daughter to come home *you also looove her lol*. You then get a map from Ball your neighbour. It goes on like this for a while oh and you're trying to find your mom.

Features:
    *New Region - Takoto
    *2 Regions - Johto and Takoto
    *New Hero
    *Evil Teams - Team Ebil...might make em chibis lol..
    *All Pokemon up to Emerald catchable and around 25 new Pokemon, might add Sinnoh if you guys want but I really don't like them.
    *New Gyms and Leaders
    *A possible second Pokemon leauge should be involving battling in a similiar way to Mystery Dungeon but with no turns.
    *More then one rival and friend
    *Catch all Legenderies and new ones.

I am looking for:
    *Trainers/Gym Leaders/Pokemon League Trainers.
    (BUT you have to have helped with the rom, PM me if you have.)
    *Scripters.
    *Spriters.
    *OW Makers..I don't know who these guys are.
    *Teachers
    *People to help me with names of things and ideas for Pokemon..I still don't have a single town name.
    *Beta Testers
    *Some supporters

Special Thanks:
    *All of you guys at Pokecommunity forums.
    *Zel for inspiring me.
    *My friends who will push me on and lurv me.
    *Kebbles because I used his post as a guidelines for my post and because he's so cool. Don't give up on your game man!

Thankyou for your time. ~Poket

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
  • Lol I was just thinking the guidelines look alot like my guidelines, then I saw the bottom.
    Anyway...
    Emerald is prob not a good game to hack for a noob, and the way your story is you should use fire red, the taco thing can replace oak's parcel and just some other stuff.
    I like the look of this game so far.
    I think you should chuck a couple of Sinnoh Pokemon in.
    Just a few new evolution or pre-evolution (Munchlax, Budew, Bonsly).
    Im not experienced in hacking Emerald...
    But you seem pretty cool, so if you need any help just ask me.
    Good luck!​

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • heh thanks man but I think I'll stick to Emerald because I'm doing only 1 region for now and I might make a sequel over firered if I get support. Even if its harder I guess I'll just have to learn...anyway what makes it different from firered? Thanks for coming to my thread and showing your support, I'll chuck in some not-so-corny Sinnoh Pokemon

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • heh thanks man but I think I'll stick to Emerald because I'm doing only 1 region for now and I might make a sequel over firered if I get support. Even if its harder I guess I'll just have to learn...anyway what makes it different from firered? Thanks for coming to my thread and showing your support, I'll chuck in some not-so-corny Sinnoh Pokemon

I really would reconsider and switch to fire red.
    1. no truck at the beginning (hard for noob hackers to remove)
    2. Emerald is very very very very unstable, and you will have to make backups like every 2 seconds.
    3. your probably going to use a-text (like all noob hackers, which isn't a bad thing but...) there are hardly any ini's for emerald.
    4. Fire red has better graphics (if you care)

Now, if your going to add shinnou pokemon, don't add stupid ones that no one will use.
    E.g. Bonsly
    Reason is that even though bonsly is cool, how many of you are going to catch it? And sudoowoodo is a rare pokemon, adn youwill have ot breed to get it unless catchable in the wild.

So, add ones like Shinx and evolutions, and add them depending on the events your going to have, since you can use them for certain events.

But, good luck with this hack!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Emerald is hard to hack, and it is extremely unstable.

I suggest moving to Ruby or Firered

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • ok I'm giving up on this rom then, chucking it away.I'll move to firered But I will need people to help me come up with another region heh. Anyway can someone give me the pokemon creator program? I just wanna make a missingno. And i'm using advance map, but it doesn't have a undo button and I can't find out how to put my music on to a map not music from the game...I have some gsc music I want to use.
    EDIT: Also I might name the main dude...Guy as default. *There was more important questions here but I found out what to do in like 5 seconds ^^"*

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • ok I'm giving up on this rom then, chucking it away.I'll move to firered But I will need people to help me come up with another region heh. Anyway can someone give me the pokemon creator program? I just wanna make a missingno. And i'm using advance map, but it doesn't have a undo button and I can't find out how to put my music on to a map not music from the game...I have some gsc music I want to use.
    EDIT: Also I might name the main dude...Guy as default. *There was more important questions here but I found out what to do in like 5 seconds ^^"*

1. Pokemon creater program: use UNLZ gba (comes with elite map)
    To edit the moves, use either hex or another tool, sorry i forgot the name.
    To edit other things, go to the toolbox and look at the tools dartharon (i forgot his name, it looks like that i think) made.

2. A-map doesn't have an undo button, but if you double click the map you are currently useing and press no, that you don't want to save it, it will go back to your last save.

3. there is a great guide in the documents/tutorials section on how to insert music.

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • thanks a tonne man I'm also using your advance map guide ^^ but it doesn't say...I made the doors passable so you could activate the warp are they supposed to be like that or are they supposed to be set with not passible but with a warp

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    thanks a tonne man I'm also using your advance map guide ^^ but it doesn't say...I made the doors passable so you could activate the warp are they supposed to be like that or are they supposed to be set with not passible but with a warp

You would need to learn how to script then.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • thanks a tonne man I'm also using your advance map guide ^^ but it doesn't say...I made the doors passable so you could activate the warp are they supposed to be like that or are they supposed to be set with not passible but with a warp

Doors on a house need to be unpassable but still have a warp.

Yeah, Virtual Chatot's right, you need to now learn how to script.

@Virtual Chatot - Did you realize how many hacks now ask for scripters? You think they should learn before they actually post it.

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • >_< well I couldn't find anyone to help me so what do I have to do to learn the basics of scripting? Where should I go? I just wanted to get a game done man... anyway I need to know how to script what signposts say and what people say and how to make and set off events.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • >_< well I couldn't find anyone to help me so what do I have to do to learn the basics of scripting? Where should I go? I just wanted to get a game done man... anyway I need to know how to script what signposts say and how to make and set off events.

I wish it were that easy, and this line you said right here:
    "I just wanted to get a game done man..."
    Its really not going to take you like 5 minutes to make a hack.

Scripting isn't hard but needs practice.
    I suggest going to the documents/tutorials section and find some guides.
    Here, i'll send you the links:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123564
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91510
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=112157
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=113753
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120100
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81691

Wow, and some people still ask where they can find help on scripting...sad
    (not talking about you poketama)
    I'm talking about the people who spam threads asking for help with it.

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Ok I'll put the mapping for the first town on hold for now until I learn how to script so maybe tommorow I will really start...I've the whole map done in my first town though BUT I still need a name, some sprites for people, music put on, events made and ready to set off and Missingo added in the bottom corner.

EDIT: can someone attach a download for pokescript for me? I can't find it anywhere and someone please tell me how to put homemade sprites into the game because none of the guys really look good as your dad or girls with prof willow

Double EDIT: Can someone give me the files to put music into games please? I got a guide but whenever I get the stuff to use it it just doesn't work or not everything is there.

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • I like the idea you have here. I guess I can help with some name. I'm not very good at scripting and the maping job is already taken. If you need my help just PM me.

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Thanks man I need some names for the citys but right now I really need my home towns one..I was working on this earlier and then I just passed out..And ya i'm doing the mapping because its not really hard and I probably will have to do the scripting..

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • theres a few water pools...I guess I'll just post the pic when I'm done but its pretty plain like any beginner town AND I really need someone to pixel up a trainer for me please. A good ol backwards red baseball cap is good and umm...just anything you can think of I'll decide if I'll keep it, I probably will.

EDIT: can someone attach a download for pokescript for me? I can't find it anywhere and someone please tell me how to put homemade sprites into the game because none of the guys really look good as your dad or girls with prof willow

Double EDIT: Can someone give me the files to put music into games please? I got a guide but whenever I get the stuff to use it it just doesn't work or not everything is there

Poketama

Beginning Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Things to do:
    *Get the first 3 towns done up to the gym.
    *Learn scripting while going along.
    *Add 13 new Pokemon though besides the starters the rest won't be available for a while.
    *Change the start up title screen

List of New Pokemon currently thought of and certain to be added eventually:
    *A ghost type legendary llama pokemon.
    *A NON-glitch Missingo to be caught in your home town in the little patch of grass across the water.
    *The 3 starter pokemon and their evolutions - A blue water ferret, a grass natu-like bird and a skitty-like fire cat. Evolutions havn't decided yet.
    *A rapping Mankey and Aipom - both will probably have a backwards baseball cap and a gold chain and a microphone =P - They will also appear as a double battle, catchable, you could say a legendary but more of a red gyrados type thing. Both will be able to evolve and MAYBE they will have a sing attack display over their body when they are sent out instead of a shiny symbol. They will also have attacks such as sing, uproar and so on but normal attacks of the pokemon 2.

Things I need:
    *A spriting team/person. I really need a:
    *trainer sprite
    *dad sprite
    *Willow sprite
    *Rival/Willow's daughter sprite
    *taco item sprite or I'll just use pokeball image
    *the close up sprites for your trainer, willow and Willow's daughter.
    *3 start pokemon - and ASAP the evolutions, I want a blue ferret type water pokemon - like a ferret duh. A grass type bird a bit like a natu and firey cat pokemon thing..like a skitty.

Programs I need:
    *Pokescript
    *Adding music to the game program
    *Pokemon Creator

Things I need to know:
    *How to add a pokemon to one specific spot on the map only and then make it impossible to catch again.
    *How to edit the text on signs.
    *How to create and place trainers and sprites.
    *How to create, place and get ready to set off events
    *How to change the title screen, title music, introduction movie, credits and the Gameshark logo.
    *How to edit the new game introduction with Willow's, Willow's Daughter's and the Trainers name.
    *How to put a Wii into my room - I'm not quite sure how to and I just need Willow to magically appear in my room after you try to leave the town, it will say Oh well I guess she's nowhere to be seen might as well go home and when you get there Willow will be there but when she talks to you she doesn't have to be playing the Wii just standing in front of it and having the screen of the TV lighten up but not moving.

EDIT: I have fixed my problem because my psp gba emulator works fine...but I screwed up my psp recently so I'll be testing the game on my friends.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    anyway new section...that was a damn long post before me so anyway thats a list of the things I need to know, programs I NEED to continue, New pokemon, etc.

Virtual Chatot, Itman, Adamb and Kebbles if you want tell me and tell me what you would like to do, be and be called in my game you are the first 4 posters so I'm gonna put you in. I could make you the elite 4 but I don't love ya that much...though Kebbles scrawled on a signpost in the hometown will be "Kebbles is cool" Then onto 'I wonder if I will ever meet this guy...' you will be an Elite 4 member or champion if you want. Just tell me what you wanna be and your name and you got it I can gaurantee you will all be included in the final game one way or another

EDIT: I can't get advance text to run I just get a windows error when I click on it and I get a send report or cancel option..please teach me how to change the text of signs with advance map...in other news I am not adding a girl character I'm sorry but I just won't do it to much change in story line because I am trying to develop a series the next one will involve playing as the girl though who will then be the original trainers wife after that the last game involving their son.

A NOTICE TO ANY SPRITER WHO WANTS TO DO MY TRAINER. Backwards black baseball cap and any clothing you desire, needs to have a backpack

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • Things to do:
    *Get the first 3 towns done up to the gym.
    *Learn scripting while going along.
    *Add 13 new Pokemon though besides the starters the rest won't be available for a while.
    *Change the start up title screen

List of New Pokemon currently thought of and certain to be added eventually:
    *A ghost type legendary llama pokemon.
    *A NON-glitch Missingo to be caught in your home town in the little patch of grass across the water.
    *The 3 starter pokemon and their evolutions - A blue water ferret, a grass natu-like bird and a skitty-like fire cat. Evolutions havn't decided yet.
    *A rapping Mankey and Aipom - both will probably have a backwards baseball cap and a gold chain and a microphone =P - They will also appear as a double battle, catchable, you could say a legendary but more of a red gyrados type thing. Both will be able to evolve and MAYBE they will have a sing attack display over their body when they are sent out instead of a shiny symbol. They will also have attacks such as sing, uproar and so on but normal attacks of the pokemon 2.

Things I need:
    *A spriting team/person. I really need a:
    *trainer sprite
    *dad sprite
    *Willow sprite
    *Rival/Willow's daughter sprite
    *taco item sprite or I'll just use pokeball image
    *the close up sprites for your trainer, willow and Willow's daughter.
    *3 start pokemon - and ASAP the evolutions, I want a blue ferret type water pokemon - like a ferret duh. A grass type bird a bit like a natu and firey cat pokemon thing..like a skitty.

Programs I need:
    *Pokescript
    *Adding music to the game program
    *Pokemon Creator

Things I need to know:
    *How to add a pokemon to one specific spot on the map only and then make it impossible to catch again.
    *How to edit the text on signs.
    *How to create and place trainers and sprites.
    *How to create, place and get ready to set off events
    *How to change the title screen, title music, introduction movie, credits and the Gameshark logo.
    *How to edit the new game introduction with Willow's, Willow's Daughter's and the Trainers name.
    *How to put a Wii into my room - I'm not quite sure how to and I just need Willow to magically appear in my room after you try to leave the town, it will say Oh well I guess she's nowhere to be seen might as well go home and when you get there Willow will be there but when she talks to you she doesn't have to be playing the Wii just standing in front of it and having the screen of the TV lighten up but not moving.

EDIT: I have fixed my problem because my psp gba emulator works fine...but I screwed up my psp recently so I'll be testing the game on my friends.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    anyway new section...that was a damn long post before me so anyway thats a list of the things I need to know, programs I NEED to continue, New pokemon, etc.

Virtual Chatot, Itman, Adamb and Kebbles if you want tell me and tell me what you would like to do, be and be called in my game you are the first 4 posters so I'm gonna put you in. I could make you the elite 4 but I don't love ya that much...though Kebbles scrawled on a signpost in the hometown will be "Kebbles is cool" Then onto 'I wonder if I will ever meet this guy...' you will be an Elite 4 member or champion if you want. Just tell me what you wanna be and your name and you got it I can gaurantee you will all be included in the final game one way or another

EDIT: I can't get advance text to run I just get a windows error when I click on it and I get a send report or cancel option..please teach me how to change the text of signs with advance map...in other news I am not adding a girl character I'm sorry but I just won't do it to much change in story line because I am trying to develop a series the next one will involve playing as the girl though who will then be your wife after that the last game involving their son.

A NOTICE TO ANY SPRITER WHO WANTS TO DO MY TRAINER. Backwards black baseball cap and any clothing you desire, needs to have a backpack

Well I can answer a few of your questions.

To create a new Pokemon you have to use a Pokemon editing tool.(I forgot what it's called....Sorry)Then paste your new picture over the old pokemon. Edit what the data in the poked \ex says and your done. (Can be found in the Elite map package.)

TO edit signs use one of the many scripting tutorials on this site. Use the basic text box command/basic command. After compile it then burn it. You should get a offset - $-----
    Place a "D" tile over the post, insert the script numbers to the sign. Your Done.

Use this link for the tutorial. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=113753

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back