• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Needed.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
  • I am planning to create a pokemon game, Pokemon Tellurium, and I am in need of many things, but first and formost Spriters, I can sprite to a degree, but in the end the shadows aren't right, the lines kind of blur and well, just alot of problems, I will PM anyone who is willing to take up my request with pictures of Idea Pokemon, It will be your job to sprite it into a 66 X 64 box. If anyone is willing to assist me, you will be place in the credits.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I am sick of people asking for help without progress.
    I have been making a game since mid-September 08.
    I have not asked for help.
    Start on your own.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Correction: no evidence of progress. He could be finished for all we know. Ty, no one cares that you've been soloing game dev with some tool that allows you to be lazy all without seeking help which could drastically improve the quality of your game.

Jolly Roger, feel free to ask for help. You should probably provide some example of what you've done so far so we have more of an idea.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • The rules for recruiting people to help in your development are clearly stated by Avatar.
    Here is a quote from the Game Development Rules:

"Team recruitment.
    You may create a thread to request a team to help you work on your game, provided you have enough progress done on it. You must be able to document the progress.
    If you've just started out on your game, then don't request a team until you can document it properly!"

You should provide evidence that work has been done on this game in your next post.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Just a thought with regards to your spriting. If you're a semi-decent spriter, just do your spriting for yourself for now. As long as you're able to get the sprites looking somewhat how they're supposed to, it doesn't particularly matter if they're not perfectly polished and what not.

As long as your work is good enough, you'll eventually attract the interest of a spriter or two that would be honoured to assist you in sexifying your game.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Just a thought with regards to your spriting. If you're a semi-decent spriter, just do your spriting for yourself for now. As long as you're able to get the sprites looking somewhat how they're supposed to, it doesn't particularly matter if they're not perfectly polished and what not.

As long as your work is good enough, you'll eventually attract the interest of a spriter or two that would be honoured to assist you in sexifying your game.

Thanks, I think I'll make a thread in game development

SakuraKenji

Breeder
    Years
  • The rules for recruiting people to help in your development are clearly stated by Avatar.
    Here is a quote from the Game Development Rules:

"Team recruitment.
    You may create a thread to request a team to help you work on your game, provided you have enough progress done on it. You must be able to document the progress.
    If you've just started out on your game, then don't request a team until you can document it properly!"

You should provide evidence that work has been done on this game in your next post.

Quick question then. Let's say, perchance, you have your idea for a game but the only thing you can do is the story and ideas behind game design. How are you supposed to get a team together? The rules aren't really specific (<--spelling?) on where to go for starters, Just people who have alot done already.

It seems easy for spriters and programers (<--spelling?) to find a group, but what about people for level design and maps? How about the guy who does all the text in the game? I'm just saying it's hard to start a game with out other people to help the process (<--spelling? I gotta read the dictionary more often).

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • You pretty much won't find help here if that is all you can do. Everyone has their own games to contend to.
    Teams are rarely formed here. You might find someone who will contribute something for you, but won't solely work on your game idea.
    My suggestion for someone who doesn't know how to do those things would be:
    1: Download RPG MAKER XP. Get a feel for it and map a couple of maps. Learn how to use it's interface.
    2: Download Pokemon Essentials.
    3: Ask for help in the Pokemon Essentials thread of Help and Request thread. The guys here are really talented with it.
    4: Start development on your own and then showcase the game when you are a bit into development.
    5: Ask for any help you need then.

On a side note,
    Dude.....
    I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the games here don't have someone who only does "the text of the game" lol and don't worry about your spelling, it aint that bad.

Or write fan fiction :P *joking*

SakuraKenji

Breeder
    Years
  • Lol thx! I got enough knowledge for that stuff, I was just reading other threads where people are trying to start games and it never comes to fruition. I actually have a game in developement, but I suck at spriting so I'm using ripped sprites until I get good or I find someone... but that's a different topic!

Lol, The text guy was filler, I couldn't think of anything else to prove a point :p

Awan

Graphic Designer
    Years
  • Here is my opinion. The thing that most important is the story itself and the progress of the games. It doesnt matter how bad the sprite are at first. It will get better, trial by error. Not everyone was born expert in everything. You'll get help later if other people saw potential of your games. Lastly, dont give up and good luck. (b^_^)b

Back