• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help! Noob alert!

Nightstalker

Party on!!
Years
  • Hi, I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but here's my situation, I wanna play pokemon cards properly, as normally Im a yugioh man but this is something I wanna take up but I've no idea where to start, basically I need to know a good cheap deck and some info on how to use it, btw I have a really low budget (like £10-£20) I know it's not gonna get me the best deck out there but I'm sure you guys know a decent one for that much right? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

Years
  • Awwww man. We're in similar situations. I also primarily play YGO but have constructed a Pokemon deck to play with too. The main difference is our budget though. I know in YGO you could build a decent deck for around 30 pounds but I am unsure of how you could build something decent with your budget for Pokemon. I am not familiar with what good cheap cards are around in Pokemon either. Sorry for being useless V____V

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
  • Ok how does that work an could you help me with a list?

Not really looking for anything too competitive just something to do well with at a local tournament

Last edited:
    Years
  • My suggestions, though these may put it a bit out of your price range, include:

3 Zorua
    3 Zoroark (the one with Foul Play for an attack)
    4 Minccino
    4 Cinccino
    2 Bouffalant
    1 Cleffa
    1 Tyrogue
    *insert some other Pokemon here*

2 Junk Arm
    2 Professor Juniper
    2 Professor Oak's New Theory
    4 Pokemon Communication
    4 Pokemon Collector
    2 Energy Exchanger
    2 Energy Retrieval
    2 Interviewer's Questions
    *insert other Trainers here*

8-10 Basic Energy of any Pokemon type you feel like adding into this (especially if it complements the Pokemon you choose to add).
    4 Double Colorless Energy

These are just basic suggestions, and you can fiddle with the numbers of each card as you wish. Most of the Trainers I suggested are staple trainers that most decks run at least two copies of.

A local tournament is probably going to have a couple serious decks, just so you know, but your price range kinda limits you since the best Pokemon to build decks around are the Pokemon Prime cards, which run $20 USD.

Years
  • Nothing comes to mind, but I left that open so you could choose to fill it with whatever, but a couple Rescue Energy and a couple Revive are good ideas. And then any trainer cards that seem like a good idea to you.

Back